Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Baileys?

Baileys?

Old Dec 10th 2003, 9:08 pm
WBB

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Thought I'd find you in here , drinking Willy!

my name's billy and i'm an alcoholic.

Old Dec 11th 2003, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steandleigh
Baileys, poured over vanilla ice cream - double yum!!!
Oooh yummy will have to try that one! I wasn't too impressed with Baileys glide though.... not strong enough!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:16 am
WBB

Originally posted by Larissa
Oooh yummy will have to try that one! I wasn't too impressed with Baileys glide though.... not strong enough!

another alcoholic?

Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:32 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

I'm in mourning. Just been put on antibiotics to clear up my sinus infection. No Baileys!!!!!
Old Dec 11th 2003, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by vicky o
I'm in mourning. Just been put on antibiotics to clear up my sinus infection. No Baileys!!!!!
Maybe you can still sniff it then! Ooops just realised that you couldn't do that with blocked sinuses... maybe you could just gargle in it!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:25 am
Banned

fried_emu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Irish cream recipe

Here is a tried and true baileys recipe:

1 cup of Rye whiskey
1 pint of whipping cream
1 can of eagle brand milk
1 egg
1 tsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp instant coffee
Mix in the Blender. Keep in fridge. Use befor date on cream.

I have played aound by using different types of whiskeys

Last year I made my kids teachers each a bottle! lol - the new teachers this year have hinted at it!

Fried
Old Dec 12th 2003, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Irish cream recipe

Originally posted by fried_emu

1 cup of Rye whiskey
1 pint of whipping cream
1 egg
1 tsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp instant coffee

Last year I made my kids teachers each a bottle! lol - the new teachers this year have hinted at it!

Fried
Hmmm sounds worth a try! Ta!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 9:25 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

1 cup of Rye whiskey
1 pint of whipping cream
1 egg
1 tsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp instant coffee

Fried
Leave out everything except the whisky and make that a single malt.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baileys?

Originally posted by Pookin
Yes you can, I was the same about Ginger Wine. They have everything pretty much.
Have you tried the Stones Ginger Beer? Made in Aussie under licence from Stones of London..... mmmmm.

$2.99 each, or $11 for a 4 pack in our bottle shop
Old Jan 5th 2004, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

1 cup of Rye whiskey
1 pint of whipping cream
1 egg
1 tsp chocolate syrup
1 tsp instant coffee

Fried

Just wanted to say thanks gave this..... (in a nice fancy bottle and ribbon)... to four friends for Xmas (hard to buy for types). got nothing but praise.......
Old Jan 5th 2004, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally posted by vicky o

Hey Vicky, I only just caught your thread so I am afraid this piece of info is too late for your Xmas drinks but save it for next time you are on antibiotics

Alcohol and antibiotics DO mix, The reason that so many peeps believe they don't mix is the best piece of propaganda/preventative advice that the medics came up with at the end of the second world war, when so many members of the armed forces were returning to the UK with sexually transmitted infection, they were given penicillin and told not to drink - NOT because the two don't mix but simply to make sure they did go out drinking and pick up another partner and spread their infection futher. From such advice a whole generation has repeated the falacy ad lib

I have to repeat this explanation regularly or else many people would take a few antibiotics and then stop taking them so they can go out drinking instead of completing a full course. :lecture:

The only antibiotic that causes problems with alcohol is called Metronidazole , not used routinely and makes people vomit like mad with alcohol :scared: :scared:

Again sorry this is so late

Peter
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

cazsue is an unknown quantity at this point

I was given a bottle as a gift for xmas which remains unopened as yet.

I have a great recipe I made a few years ago, which involves halfing and scooping out a pineapple, beating fresh cream icing sugar and baileys until it holds its shape and filling the scooped out pineapple half, decorating with bits of pineapple and other fruit such as strawberries peaches etc.

Very yummy!!

Cazsue
Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Paylia
Hey Vicky, I only just caught your thread so I am afraid this piece of info is too late for your Xmas drinks but save it for next time you are on antibiotics

Alcohol and antibiotics DO mix, The reason that so many peeps believe they don't mix is the best piece of propaganda/preventative advice that the medics came up with at the end of the second world war, when so many members of the armed forces were returning to the UK with sexually transmitted infection, they were given penicillin and told not to drink - NOT because the two don't mix but simply to make sure they did go out drinking and pick up another partner and spread their infection futher. From such advice a whole generation has repeated the falacy ad lib

I have to repeat this explanation regularly or else many people would take a few antibiotics and then stop taking them so they can go out drinking instead of completing a full course. :lecture:

The only antibiotic that causes problems with alcohol is called Metronidazole , not used routinely and makes people vomit like mad with alcohol :scared: :scared:

Peter

Are you in the medical field ?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paylia

Peter

I have to say that I partially agree with you!!

Last summer I got a nasty infection on my leg for which I was given a course of antibiotics... I was supposed to be having a 4th July bender the following weekend and asked the doctor what the situation was...

I said that their was no problems with drinking on the antibiotics at all!!!!

Having said that though, I have been out on the piss with friends on antibiotics who didn't half seem to get very drunk and very sick very fast!!!

Perhaps it depends on what kind of antibiotics you have been given!?!?!? Just a suggestion!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally posted by jeannie
Are you in the medical field ?

Yep Jeannie, for my sins I am a GP

Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.