Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Advice needed re cat rehoming -Uk

Advice needed re cat rehoming -Uk

Old Jul 11th 2004, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Not been to the site for some time so only just seen this thread.

Would definitely recommend the Cats Protection League and I think they have a scheme whereby your cat would become a 'pensioner' . This means the CPL retain ownership of the cat and cover the vets bills etc.

Not sure how it works but think it would be worth asking, maybe if you made a donation to help cover future cost.

Small local animal charities usually also have a 'no-kill unless absolutely necessary' policy.

Afraid I would never use RSPCA for a potentially difficult to home animal.

Good Luck Larissa
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:50 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice needed re cat rehoming -Uk

I know this is an old thread but blame Hevs, she mentioned it to me at the hospital today & was pissin herself at some of the replies.

I was just wondering what happened to the poor cat?
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:58 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy View Post
I know this is an old thread but blame Hevs, she mentioned it to me at the hospital today & was pissin herself at some of the replies.

I was just wondering what happened to the poor cat?
And theres me sitting here thinking WTF! Why does Larissa want a home for her cat? She left the UK YEARS ago, what idiot resurrected THAT one....and I find its YOU!

We'll balme Hevs though, she's allowed to be having random thoughts, though I must say this is more random than most (puzzled smilie!)
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:01 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
And theres me sitting here thinking WTF! Why does Larissa want a home for her cat? She left the UK YEARS ago, what idiot resurrected THAT one....and I find its YOU!

We'll balme Hevs though, she's allowed to be having random thoughts, though I must say this is more random than most (puzzled smilie!)
PMSL, Sorry Polly I knew you would be on it like a shot but its true. She was sitting with her milk jugs out feeding Flynn & told me to look up this thread. I blame it on her hormones.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:07 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL, Sorry Polly I knew you would be on it like a shot but its true. She was sitting with her milk jugs out feeding Flynn & told me to look up this thread. I blame it on her hormones.
That really is the most surreal picture you have just conjured up! I shall pm the link to Larissa - she can have a laugh too.
I just PMSL so much that I woke The Bloke up - he was snoring gently in front of the Japanese invasion of somewhere, and thought I had lost all my marbles when I said you wanted to know what happened to Larissa's cat from 2 years back.......Poor man, you'd think he'd be used to me by now.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:09 pm
The Godfather

Poor Bloke. Don't blame me, Hes to big for me to be upsetting.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:16 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Poor Bloke. Don't blame me, Hes to big for me to be upsetting.
I'll blame Hevs, think he has a soft spot for her (shhh)
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:20 pm
The Godfather

I'll blame Hevs, think he has a soft spot for her (shhh)
Well I must admit I prefer her to Shane Warne.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:30 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Thank goodness for that! Leaves Shane for me and Northernbird (and I think Wendy wanted the leftovers!)
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:17 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness for that! Leaves Shane for me and Northernbird (and I think Wendy wanted the leftovers!)
Eeeyou! "I" have conjured up horrible pictures

Bordy has taken it out of context! For a start he couldn't see my jugs
Second we were talking about my, ermm, un catty mind set
Thirdly i had to get myself out of the hole he had dug for me with Mrs B telling her about my "ways to shut up a cat" .....................

So i did diversion tactics
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell! Thats a shit compliment
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:25 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Originally Posted by hevs View Post
Bloody hell! Thats a shit compliment
Thought you'd like that one....not!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 2:29 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Eeeyou! "I" have conjured up horrible pictures

Bordy has taken it out of context!
I'd never have guessed!
For a start he couldn't see my jugs
i did wonder but thought it best not to go down that road.......
Second we were talking about my, ermm, un catty mind set
Thirdly i had to get myself out of the hole he had dug for me with Mrs B telling her about my "ways to shut up a cat" .....................
So i did diversion tactics
gave us a good laugh anyway - isn't it odd how you remember old threads at strange times!very useful for diversions - whether its away from your - errr - catty mindset, or just to keep The Godfather's eyes off the source of Flynn's supper!
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys and thanks for the pm Poll, hope everything is going well with Flynn, Hevs....
Um back to the cat...
Well, emigration certainly takes it's time, during that time, my toddler turned into a tail pulling, cat chasing monster.... a lovely couple with no kids moved in next door... the cat found a loving new home, they were only too happy to oblige and we chatted about the cancer etc. and they were still happy to take her on.
So it all worked out well.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 7:23 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Larissa View Post
Hi guys and thanks for the pm Poll, hope everything is going well with Flynn, Hevs....
Um back to the cat...
Well, emigration certainly takes it's time, during that time, my toddler turned into a tail pulling, cat chasing monster.... a lovely couple with no kids moved in next door... the cat found a loving new home, they were only too happy to oblige and we chatted about the cancer etc. and they were still happy to take her on.
So it all worked out well.

Good onya Larissa, I love a happy ending.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.