Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

Advice needed re cat rehoming -Uk

Advice needed re cat rehoming -Uk

Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Question Advice needed re cat rehoming -Uk

Hi guys
We're due to emigrate in the next month or so and I have a cat I need to rehome. (The other one is coming with us). The problem is that she isn't the most affectionate cat in the world (check out the nasty cat thread in the Aus/NZ forum) and has had melanoma, hence the need not to take her to Aus. The vet has recommended us to leave her, she has had both ears docked and could get some back on her nose... hence not the most "desirable" cat to rehome.
Anyone got any ideas?
Do the animal charities etc. put them down if they can't rehome them? :scared:
Ta
Larissa
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed re cat rehoming -Uk

Originally posted by Larissa
Hi guys
We're due to emigrate in the next month or so and I have a cat I need to rehome. (The other one is coming with us). The problem is that she isn't the most affectionate cat in the world (check out the nasty cat thread in the Aus/NZ forum) and has had melanoma, hence the need not to take her to Aus. The vet has recommended us to leave her, she has had both ears docked and could get some back on her nose... hence not the most "desirable" cat to rehome. Anyone got any ideas?
Do the animal charities etc. put them down if they can't rehome them? :scared: Ta Larissa
Time for the final swim cat.....
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:12 pm
Sukhi

might be nice with some fava beans and a nice chianti:beer:

--
sinc

Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:16 pm
Sukhi

>
    > she isn't the most
affectionate cat in the world
    >
    > has had melanoma........and could get
some back on her nose...
    > she has had both ears docked
    >
    > hence
not the most "desirable" cat to rehome.
    >
    >
    >
    > Larissa

And her name's Lucky

All right, enough of the hard sell!:D

--
sinc

Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:48 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

give her to a circus

The local chinky

a blind person with a very high pain threashold

a farm
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:50 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

I am short of a few pound of meat for this weekends curry, bring her around.

Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:55 pm
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Time for the final swim cat.....
Ray , i wanted to say that

Its only a cat ...i could take it scuba diving
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Trust you lot!!!
Aren't there any kind, animal loving people left in the world? Now I have to worry about strange people wanting my cat for a curry
Showing your true colours now...
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:27 pm
Sukhi

> Trust you lot!!!
    > Aren't
there any kind, animal loving people left in the world? :( :confused:
Now I have to worry about strange people wanting my cat for a curry :(

> Showing your true colours now...

I am wanting to reassure
you please. (cue Indian accent)

God Blimey!!! ( We are not wanting to
cook ugly old pussy in our madras, Of blimey no! WE are needing fine
young pussies only, please be thanking you very much...!":D

--
sinc

Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:28 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sukhi
I am wanting to reassure you please. (cue Indian accent)
God Blimey!!! ( We are not wanting to cook ugly old pussy in our madras, Of blimey no! WE are needing fine young pussies only, please be thanking you very much...!"
NO!! I am not going to say anything..
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys
We're due to emigrate in the next month or so and I have a cat I need to rehome. (The other one is coming with us). The problem is that she isn't the most affectionate cat in the world (check out the nasty cat thread in the Aus/NZ forum) and has had melanoma, hence the need not to take her to Aus. The vet has recommended us to leave her, she has had both ears docked and could get some back on her nose... hence not the most "desirable" cat to rehome.
Anyone got any ideas?
Do the animal charities etc. put them down if they can't rehome them? :scared:
Ta
Larissa

Hi Larissa,

We have also had to have our cat rehomed....and after a bit of research, I found the Mayhew Centre, here in London to be the best....They have a "No Put Down" policy. They will never put down a healthy animal. They do have a website, http://www.mayhewanimalhome.org/home.html

Hope this helps

Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:38 pm
Sukhi

Oh, now you've made the thread serious!:rolleyes: :D

--
sinc

Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:39 pm
Sukhi

Originally posted by ray6
    > NO!! I am not going to say
anything..

Oh Go on!! Go On!!

--
sinc

Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:53 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

you could challenge it to a duel

Attached Images  
Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:26 pm
Sukhi

Ahhhh! wot a tweet liddle puddy cat!:D

See! that's the type of puddy I
was talking about!

--
sinc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.