Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

5 Things you like to change about the UK

5 Things you like to change about the UK

Old May 22nd 2009, 6:16 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 Things you like to change about the UK

Many of you have lived abroad and the experience has provided the opportunity to learn a different culture. Some of you will be going back to the UK to live because of family and the traditions you have grown up with and now miss. If you could change anything about the UK that you enjoyed while living abroad what 5 things would they be?

I ask this question because I'm curious to know what things in the UK, you don't like and what are those things(government matters,health care,road conditions,social behavior,weather ect ect) about the country you move to that is good which the UK could do well to adopt .
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:23 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all
Default Re: 5 Things you like to change about the UK

The only negative aspect of the UK people is simply that..their negativity.

Political issues are the same the world over as is their crime/unemployment etc.

As for their countryside, the best in the world.

Why do you ask so many questions....are you looking at starting WW3?
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

I'd offer anyone that didnt want to be there, the opportunity to p*ss off home.

Have people take a little bit more pride in the place. Eg; people not picking up their dogs shit and throwing garbage straight on the floor.

Give the UK (England specifically) the pride back in its flag and history that it should have.

Cant think of anymore as Im only on my first drink.
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:33 am
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble View Post
Totally agree Officer Dibble infact I keep offering the link for the moaners and expats moaners to
renounce their UK citizenship....
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by srah View Post
Totally agree Officer Dibble infact I keep offering the link for the moaners and expats moaners to
renounce their UK citizenship....
Good luck with that. I'd give up my rights to Australia for the right price of course.
Old May 22nd 2009, 6:57 am
Banned

Good luck with that. I'd give up my rights to Australia for the right price of course.
Lots of wanabee ozzies out there, I'm sure you could come to some arrangement
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:04 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

So there is nothing any of you would want to change about the UK? That is indeed rare. I think most people could come up with a few things about their nation which could stand for a good going over.
Old May 22nd 2009, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad View Post
So there is nothing any of you would want to change about the UK? That is indeed rare. I think most people could come up with a few things about their nation which could stand for a good going over.
You have to understand that this question comes up a lot and people have answered the same stuff over and over.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:21 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

1. Weather
2. Weather
3. Weather
4. Weather
5. Weather

(OK, don't start, all you "put on a raincoat" brigade!)
Old May 22nd 2009, 5:49 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

1. Clean it up, too much rubbish on the streets, grafitti...

2. Stop city centre's being turned into pub crawl areas. My hometown is Wakefield, the centre has been ruined by every old bank, restaurant, being turned into another pub. All the other patrons have left as they were fed up of cleaning puke off their doorstep every morning.

3. Teenagers. Not sure how to deal with this, but I used to feel slightly nervous nipping to the local store on a night with 30 teenagers hanging around.

4. Press. Stop the bloody press leading the 'negative britain campaign'

Can't think of a 5th which is quite amazing.
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The RCMP do seem to "get their man" as the old saying goes. Rare acts of vandalism and a spate of break-ins usually result in an arrest in a matter of days. This might just be a New Brunswick thing where crime is low and the police can deal with all offences.
  • So one would be for the UK police to catch all offenders. Or at least far more than they do.
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:43 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky View Post
... too much rubbish on the streets ...
I agree with this. It's the one thing that really disappoints me about where I live.
Old May 26th 2009, 2:48 am
Just Joined

bakugan has a brilliant futurebakugan has a brilliant futurebakugan has a brilliant futurebakugan has a brilliant futurebakugan has a brilliant futurebakugan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by YankeemovingAbroad View Post
Many of you have lived abroad and the experience has provided the opportunity to learn a different culture. Some of you will be going back to the UK to live because of family and the traditions you have grown up with and now miss. If you could change anything about the UK that you enjoyed while living abroad what 5 things would they be?

I ask this question because I'm curious to know what things in the UK, you don't like and what are those things(government matters,health care,road conditions,social behavior,weather ect ect) about the country you move to that is good which the UK could do well to adopt .
That they could be a bit more positive - after all - there are so many things in the UK to be positive about though sadly not many people realise it! Only us bods who have spent time in the land that time forgot!!!
Old May 26th 2009, 4:44 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Have people take a little bit more pride in the place. Eg; people not picking up their dogs shit and throwing garbage straight on the floor.

Give the UK (England specifically) the pride back in its flag and history that it should have.

Cant think of anymore as Im only on my first drink.
I agree, especially about the pride bit. Why the English don't celebrate their patriotism like the other parts of the UK, is mystifying to me.
Old May 26th 2009, 4:45 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakugan View Post
That they could be a bit more positive - after all - there are so many things in the UK to be positive about though sadly not many people realise it! Only us bods who have spent time in the land that time forgot!!!
That's what you get for going to Wales mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.