British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   2022 Movie Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/2022-movie-thread-942091/)

Jolly Good Mar 16th 2022 12:14 am

Re: 2022 Movie Thread

The Bombardment. On Netflix.
A British WWII bombing mission goes wrong and accidentally target innocent residents in Copenhagen. This is based on true events.

A heart wrenching story.

BristolUK Mar 22nd 2022 11:37 pm

Last night I watched an oldie but goldie. 1984's Top Secret from the Zuckers and Abraham team that brought us Police Squad, Naked Gun, Airplane and so on.

I hadn't seen it for over 30 years. I was killing myself with laughter throughout.

BristolUK Apr 16th 2022 12:07 am

This Is the End

Six Los Angeles celebrities are stuck in James Franco's house after a series of devastating events just destroyed the city. Inside, the group not only have to face the apocalypse, but themselves
It has its tiresome moments but some funny parts too, including an Exorcist scene, and a great ending that made the annoying bits worth it.

BristolUK Apr 20th 2022 11:56 pm

If anyone wants a light hearted giggle, there's Murder on the Blackpool Express.
It's a little cringey but I enjoyed it.

I have Death on the Tyne lined up for tomorrow and in getting the link above, I see there's another one - Dial M for Middlesbrough. :lol:

BristolUK Apr 23rd 2022 9:51 am

I enjoyed Death on the Tyne a couple nights ago and then watched the new version of Death on the Nile last night..

I was surprised to see 'Maeve' from the very good Sex Education show as well as French and Saunders. My, do they look a lot older than I remember them. :ohmy:

Jolly Good Apr 24th 2022 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13109645)
I enjoyed Death on the Tyne a couple nights ago and then watched the new version of Death on the Nile last night..

I was surprised to see 'Maeve' from the very good Sex Education show as well as French and Saunders. My, do they look a lot older than I remember them. :ohmy:

Death on the Nile was a bit odd, I thought. But it might be because there will only ever be one Poirot for me!

( I did like the French and Saunders input though)

BristolUK Apr 25th 2022 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jolly Good (Post 13109985)
Death on the Nile was a bit odd, I thought. But it might be because there will only ever be one Poirot for me!

( I did like the French and Saunders input though)

Did you try KB's Murder on the Orient Express? I think that one was a bit more traditional.

Jolly Good Apr 25th 2022 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13110213)
Did you try KB's Murder on the Orient Express? I think that one was a bit more traditional.

Yes. It was better.

Expatrick Apr 26th 2022 8:33 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13110213)

Didn't think it was as good as previous versions.

Jolly Good May 18th 2022 6:09 pm

Netflix. Operation Mincemeat with Colin Firth.

Based on a true story from WW2. I enjoyed it but the husband said the book is a lot better and the original movie was better as well. He thought there were too many extra unnecessary stories that ruined the flow of the real story.

The original movie was made in 1956 and called The Man who Never Was. I guess we need to watch it so I can see if I agree with him!

BristolUK May 25th 2022 12:08 am

I watched 2019's Last Christmas tonight.

Good Christmas movie, not quite there with Love Actually but not bad.