Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2021 Random Comment Thread

2021 Random Comment Thread

Old Apr 7th 2021, 5:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2021 Random Comment Thread

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
God knows how he survived a fall like that. Did he have any lasting disability?
I so get his girlfriend The more scared you are, the more you yell!
Yeah, he pretty much lost the use of his right arm, and the cracked pelvis never healed up, plus a few other things. Compensation assessed him at 33% of his former physical capacity and he was done working. When we went hunting after that he'd set up in a preferred spot and I'd push up and down the ravines to try and drive deer to him. One night he got drunk and took a cab home, and the driver left before he was in the door. He fell backwards 3' down the steps and smashed his head on the driveway; a friend found him about 5 hrs later and called the ambulance but he died that morning in the OR. Three feet, unbelievable. I put some of his ashes where he liked to sit when we were hunting.

Old Apr 7th 2021, 5:40 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

God knows how he survived a fall like that. Did he have any lasting disability?

I so get his girlfriend The more scared you are, the more you yell!
I also get that. I said similar to M when he had his heart attack. I was a real potty mouth

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Yeah, he pretty much lost the use of his right arm, and the cracked pelvis never healed up, plus a few other things. Compensation assessed him at 33% of his former physical capacity and he was done working. When we went hunting after that he'd set up in a preferred spot and I'd push up and down the ravines to try and drive deer to him. One night he got drunk and took a cab home, and the driver left before he was in the door. He fell backwards 3' down the steps and smashed his head on the driveway; a friend found him about 5 hrs later and called the ambulance but he died that morning in the OR. Three feet, unbelievable. I put some of his ashes where he liked to sit when we were hunting.

Damn. That is so sad
Old Apr 7th 2021, 6:07 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Damn. That is so sad
Well it is, but that's what it means to lose a good one. Almost very Ironworker in western Canada either knew him or knows his name.
Old Apr 7th 2021, 9:41 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Had to leave my lovely scouse lad in hospital today, he's having a spine fusion with a bone graft tomorrow. I miss him. Even though he's phoned me 3 times already

You'd better be ok scouse, or I'll bloody well kill you.
Hope Scouse's surgery goes well and he has a smooth and speedy recovery.

Or I'll bloody kill him too!
Big hugs chuck x
Old Apr 8th 2021, 2:04 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Had to leave my lovely scouse lad in hospital today, he's having a spine fusion with a bone graft tomorrow. I miss him. Even though he's phoned me 3 times already

Speedy recovery to your beloved OH. Grapes to the ready.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
You were a good mate to him Caretaker, and placing some of his ashes somewhere he loved to be is a beautiful tribute.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

After a bit of a marathon scouse is tucked up back in his hospital room. Surgery went well (all 6 hours of it), he was kept in recovery for two hours because he was in a lot of pain. I don't know the reason why the anesthetist refused to give him a PCA (patient controlled analgesic), they're usually standard after this type of surgery.

His nurse this evening is a young lass from the ROI, she was delighted to have a scouser as her patient and went stomping off to the nurse manager's office when he came back from theatre without a PCA. I spoke to scouse 10 minutes ago, PCA is on the way He was slurring his words a bit and towards the end of the conversation I told him I love him. Dead silence, then his nurse picked up the phone and told me he'd nodded off

Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:48 pm
Concierge

Oh bugger, it's bin night. One is not used to putting out bins
Old Apr 8th 2021, 4:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

After a bit of a marathon scouse is tucked up back in his hospital room. Surgery went well (all 6 hours of it), he was kept in recovery for two hours because he was in a lot of pain. I don't know the reason why the anesthetist refused to give him a PCA (patient controlled analgesic), they're usually standard after this type of surgery.

His nurse this evening is a young lass from the ROI, she was delighted to have a scouser as her patient and went stomping off to the nurse manager's office when he came back from theatre without a PCA. I spoke to scouse 10 minutes ago, PCA is on the way He was slurring his words a bit and towards the end of the conversation I told him I love him. Dead silence, then his nurse picked up the phone and told me he'd nodded off

Good to hear he's out of surgery and that it went well, and that he now has all the drugs he needs. I don't know why they would even mess around with something like that for a surgery like that. Good for his nurse for sorting it out.

Later on you can give him a hard time for falling asleep while you were declaring your love.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 6:08 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

His nurse this evening is a young lass from the ROI, she was delighted to have a scouser as her patient
Big Nose Eric used to say "I'm from the capitol of Ireland, Liverpool!" I'm sure you'll take good care of Scouse.. instead of bringing him a beer use a little ice chest that holds 6 to save trips, and instead of one sandwich make a few at once - work smarter, not harder! After a car accident my dad had the option to have his spine fused electronically but since it was happening naturally anyway they just let it happen, and it meant about a year and a half of pain and constantly having to change position; hope Scouse gets off far easier.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2021 Random Comment Thread

Hi my old aussie Shelia mate dose that mean he will stop pinching cars then tell him ha ha ha about Liverpool!!! And to say lora lora
Old Apr 9th 2021, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2021 Random Comment Thread

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Hope Scouse's surgery goes well and he has a smooth and speedy recovery.

Or I'll bloody kill him too!
Big hugs chuck x
Hay vitals my old Matilde, Had me another hernia opp after lockdown! how the bloody how are you??? where ya bin hiding
Old Apr 9th 2021, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had not lost all my pictures from my trip to Australia in 2001.
Old Today, 9:21 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Possum Day!!

I watched an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies many moons ago and they were celebrating Possum Day, having one for dinner later.

It was the 11th of April and I decided that henceforth, April 11 would be Possum Day.

This is the first one I have remembered in time.
Spoiler: