Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2021 Photo Thread

2021 Photo Thread

Old Oct 10th 2021, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lugsbug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2021 Photo Thread

Lots of flooding in Piemonte last week. We live next to the Bormeda River (lets buy a house next to a river I said!) and it broke its banks again. The water came right up to the house but thankfully didn't get any higher. The picture is of the river about to come into the garden

Old Oct 15th 2021, 2:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Fall colours are not terrible around here.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 10:46 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

They build 'em tough around here!
Old Oct 16th 2021, 10:49 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

The gift that just keeps giving......
Old Oct 17th 2021, 5:01 am
Just Joined

bobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to all

Had a great display of the northern lights in Jasper Alberta Canada!
Old Oct 18th 2021, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2021 Photo Thread

Originally Posted by bobthetog View Post

Had a great display of the northern lights in Jasper Alberta Canada!
WOW i like that.I would love to sit with a few beers and listen to music and watch that! What sort of temperature is it??
Old Oct 19th 2021, 6:15 am
Just Joined

bobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to allbobthetog is a name known to all

Is cooling off and snow in the higher elevations, temps are in the single digits.
Old Oct 22nd 2021, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobthetog View Post
Is cooling off and snow in the higher elevations, temps are in the single digits.
cool photo though! I prefer at least high double digits.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 4:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I was bored so I looked through all of my old fish stuff, took some houseplants and potting soil and used an old 10 gallon aquarium I had and made a little forest. I think it turned out okay.

Old Oct 26th 2021, 1:48 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I was bored so I looked through all of my old fish stuff, took some houseplants and potting soil and used an old 10 gallon aquarium I had and made a little forest. I think it turned out okay.
It's beautiful -- love the waterfall. Nice work!
Old Oct 26th 2021, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by macliam View Post

They build 'em tough around here!
Do you know what that butterfly is called we get swarms of them at the right time of year .Great pic.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 4:14 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Do you know what that butterfly is called we get swarms of them at the right time of year .Great pic.
If Google is to be believed it's Papilio Machaon, the Old World Swallowtail...... although all the pictures show the wing spots as red rather than orange........ maybe this one was a bit threadbare!

Saying which, in case it was overlooked, the reason for my comment was that it had a big chunk of its wing tip missing ..... yet was still flying well enough to lead me a merry dance!

Old Oct 26th 2021, 5:33 pm
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
If Google is to be believed it's Papilio Machaon, the Old World Swallowtail...... although all the pictures show the wing spots as red rather than orange........ maybe this one was a bit threadbare!

Saying which, in case it was overlooked, the reason for my comment was that it had a big chunk of its wing tip missing ..... yet was still flying well enough to lead me a merry dance!
Presumably flying in circles!
Old Oct 26th 2021, 6:43 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Presumably flying in circles!
No, I was amazed how well it compensated - it took ages to get those pics!!

Anything less agile would have been cat food!
Old Oct 27th 2021, 3:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger View Post
It's beautiful -- love the waterfall. Nice work!
Thanks. I love water features, originally I was just going to do a little jar version, but then I had an empty 10 gallon aquarium, and misc fish stuff and left over potting soil from summer, the only things I had to actually buy were the ferns, but they were only $2.50.

I am thinking since I can't have a big aquarium filled with water, that maybe one day, I will just buy 125 gallon aquarium and just turn it into a forest, would be a nice feature in a living room, 6 foot long indoor forest......that would be cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.