Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Weather Thread

2020 Weather Thread

Old Feb 12th 2020, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Cool. Sun's out here too. And it's 28. Fahrenheit, of course, but still.

Warm-up coming next week though. Spring is being teased early this year, makes me wonder how March is going to end up like.
I have had the same thoughts to because our winter has been quite short and reasonable warm or even hot.I do hope that is our winter behind us now will will see.Some Days here have been like an english summer day already which is nice.the birds are singing and preparing the bees are busy and the pollen has just started to collect in the bottom pool tank all good signs i hope
Old Feb 12th 2020, 2:27 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I have had the same thoughts to because our winter has been quite short and reasonable warm or even hot.I do hope that is our winter behind us now will will see.Some Days here have been like an english summer day already which is nice.the birds are singing and preparing the bees are busy and the pollen has just started to collect in the bottom pool tank all good signs i hope
We've had a generally light and mild winter, which is certainly not anything to complain about. It will snow today, but it's only supposed to be 3-4" or so, which is a pain in the arse, but not a blizzard. Then it's going to get very cold, with wind chills supposed to be below 0F (-16C), and then next week it starts to warm up again, with 40F (5C) in the not too distant future.

If March is to have storms, I hope they bring rain. I hate early spring snow, it's even more depressing than winter snow.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully finish my painting this morning then sit in the sun for the rest of today.we have a great weekend of sunny weather, and early next week.I will be topping up my tan
Old Feb 14th 2020, 2:32 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully finish my painting this morning then sit in the sun for the rest of today.we have a great weekend of sunny weather, and early next week.I will be topping up my tan
Would you post a photo of your painting in another thread so we can see it? I love seeing other peoples' art. There used to be a poster on here who's wife was a really good painter, we'd get to see examples every now and then, and my daughter's a budding artist too, so I'm kind of biased there.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 11:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby dabbles drawing/painting. We met an elderly Brit/Oz on holiday who is a brilliant at drawing. Hubby wishes he was as good.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish sometimes I had some artistic ability, painting seems fun, I can't do anything but mash colors together, but those with the talent to paint like landscapes and portraits and such, talented indeed.

My uncle used to paint, was good too, not sure why he gave it up, just stopped doing one day.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Would you post a photo of your painting in another thread so we can see it? I love seeing other peoples' art. There used to be a poster on here who's wife was a really good painter, we'd get to see examples every now and then, and my daughter's a budding artist too, so I'm kind of biased there.
I am only one sort of artist and that's not it.I was painting my bedroom it's pale blue and white. I did finnish, thanks for the thought of me sat at an easel paintingif only.P.S the weather is great and with us for a while,still
Old Feb 15th 2020, 12:29 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I am only one sort of artist and that's not it.I was painting my bedroom it's pale blue and white. I did finnish, thanks for the thought of me sat at an easel paintingif only.P.S the weather is great and with us for a while,still
Well, the Finnish flag is blue and white!

Here in Sylly Suffolk we had Storm Ciara last weekend, with high winds smacking across the flat land and lashing rain - and we have Storm Dennis this weekend and the wind is already gearing up (although not yet at last weekend's level). The days in between were still cold and grey, but it's a case of picking your time to do something outside.

But a lot of places in the UK have it far worse than us. Two named storms in two weekends, that's climate change for you....
Old Feb 15th 2020, 6:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It has been a bit shite and miserable lately. It's quite nice and sunny today....But so much colder than it has been. It's as if it were winter, or something.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 10:13 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping for some rain or at least some drizzle.
Covered in dust from the development site next door and there are water restrictions in place.
Today at least is overcast which in NZ is a blessing as the sun is merciless regardless of the temps.
Incredibly windy again.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Rain is back. 6c/43F
Old Feb 16th 2020, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Hoping for some rain or at least some drizzle.
Covered in dust from the development site next door and there are water restrictions in place.
Today at least is overcast which in NZ is a blessing as the sun is merciless regardless of the temps.
Incredibly windy again.
Hi bevs i have to open the window when i paint because i get chesty and cough a lot.I then realized all the dust was not dust but yellow pollen i wonder if this is going on my chest.I'll find out soon as finished painting.The valley was totally fogged in this morning and a heavy dew,the sun is just starting to break through now and the next few days are going to be hot and sunny tan topping up weather yippee
Old Feb 16th 2020, 4:15 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Driving rain, high winds and the boiler keeps cutting out because the wind stalls the fume exraction fan

Storm Dennis can just bugger off as soon as.....
Old Feb 17th 2020, 2:23 pm
Hail Satan!

Oh I thought you were doing the fun, enriching kind of painting but you were stuck doing the depressing, day ruining kind of painting. You have my condolences.
Old Feb 17th 2020, 2:36 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
boiler keeps cutting out because the wind stalls the fume exraction fan

I've often thought that about him

Little Lion was getting internet outages in Portsmouth, but that's about it. It was pretty wet though, being on the coast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.