British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   2020 Weather Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/2020-weather-thread-930053/)

el collado kid Feb 12th 2020 8:55 am

Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12805053)
Cool. Sun's out here too. And it's 28. Fahrenheit, of course, but still.

Warm-up coming next week though. Spring is being teased early this year, makes me wonder how March is going to end up like.

I have had the same thoughts to because our winter has been quite short and reasonable warm or even hot.I do hope that is our winter behind us now will will see.Some Days here have been like an english summer day already which is nice.the birds are singing and preparing the bees are busy and the pollen has just started to collect in the bottom pool tank all good signs i hope

SultanOfSwing Feb 12th 2020 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12805438)
I have had the same thoughts to because our winter has been quite short and reasonable warm or even hot.I do hope that is our winter behind us now will will see.Some Days here have been like an english summer day already which is nice.the birds are singing and preparing the bees are busy and the pollen has just started to collect in the bottom pool tank all good signs i hope

We've had a generally light and mild winter, which is certainly not anything to complain about. It will snow today, but it's only supposed to be 3-4" or so, which is a pain in the arse, but not a blizzard. Then it's going to get very cold, with wind chills supposed to be below 0F (-16C), and then next week it starts to warm up again, with 40F (5C) in the not too distant future.

If March is to have storms, I hope they bring rain. I hate early spring snow, it's even more depressing than winter snow.

el collado kid Feb 14th 2020 8:48 am

Hopefully finish my painting this morning then sit in the sun for the rest of today.we have a great weekend of sunny weather, and early next week.I will be topping up my tan:shades_smile:

SultanOfSwing Feb 14th 2020 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12806491)
Hopefully finish my painting this morning then sit in the sun for the rest of today.we have a great weekend of sunny weather, and early next week.I will be topping up my tan:shades_smile:

Would you post a photo of your painting in another thread so we can see it? I love seeing other peoples' art. There used to be a poster on here who's wife was a really good painter, we'd get to see examples every now and then, and my daughter's a budding artist too, so I'm kind of biased there.

Jerseygirl Feb 14th 2020 11:07 pm

Hubby dabbles drawing/painting. We met an elderly Brit/Oz on holiday who is a brilliant at drawing. Hubby wishes he was as good.

Jsmth321 Feb 14th 2020 11:50 pm

I wish sometimes I had some artistic ability, painting seems fun, I can't do anything but mash colors together, but those with the talent to paint like landscapes and portraits and such, talented indeed.

My uncle used to paint, was good too, not sure why he gave it up, just stopped doing one day.

el collado kid Feb 15th 2020 8:46 am

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12806612)
Would you post a photo of your painting in another thread so we can see it? I love seeing other peoples' art. There used to be a poster on here who's wife was a really good painter, we'd get to see examples every now and then, and my daughter's a budding artist too, so I'm kind of biased there.

I am only one sort of artist and that's not it.I was painting my bedroom it's pale blue and white. I did finnish, thanks for the thought of me sat at an easel painting:hysterical:if only.P.S the weather is great and with us for a while,still :hysterical:

macliam Feb 15th 2020 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12806908)
I am only one sort of artist and that's not it.I was painting my bedroom it's pale blue and white. I did finnish, thanks for the thought of me sat at an easel painting:hysterical:if only.P.S the weather is great and with us for a while,still :hysterical:

Well, the Finnish flag is blue and white!

Here in Sylly Suffolk we had Storm Ciara last weekend, with high winds smacking across the flat land and lashing rain - and we have Storm Dennis this weekend and the wind is already gearing up (although not yet at last weekend's level). The days in between were still cold and grey, but it's a case of picking your time to do something outside.

But a lot of places in the UK have it far worse than us. Two named storms in two weekends, that's climate change for you....

Bob Feb 15th 2020 6:35 pm

It has been a bit shite and miserable lately. It's quite nice and sunny today....But so much colder than it has been. It's as if it were winter, or something.

BEVS Feb 15th 2020 10:13 pm

Hoping for some rain or at least some drizzle.
Covered in dust from the development site next door and there are water restrictions in place.
Today at least is overcast which in NZ is a blessing as the sun is merciless regardless of the temps.
Incredibly windy again.

Jsmth321 Feb 15th 2020 10:44 pm

Rain is back. 6c/43F

el collado kid Feb 16th 2020 9:07 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12807149)
Hoping for some rain or at least some drizzle.
Covered in dust from the development site next door and there are water restrictions in place.
Today at least is overcast which in NZ is a blessing as the sun is merciless regardless of the temps.
Incredibly windy again.

Hi bevs i have to open the window when i paint because i get chesty and cough a lot.I then realized all the dust was not dust but yellow pollen i wonder if this is going on my chest.I'll find out soon as finished painting.The valley was totally fogged in this morning and a heavy dew,the sun is just starting to break through now and the next few days are going to be hot and sunny tan topping up weather yippee:thumbsup:

macliam Feb 16th 2020 4:15 pm

Driving rain, high winds and the boiler keeps cutting out because the wind stalls the fume exraction fan :(

Storm Dennis can just bugger off as soon as.....

SultanOfSwing Feb 17th 2020 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12806908)

Oh I thought you were doing the fun, enriching kind of painting but you were stuck doing the depressing, day ruining kind of painting. You have my condolences.

Lion in Winter Feb 17th 2020 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12807399)
boiler keeps cutting out because the wind stalls the fume exraction fan :(

I've often thought that about him :p

Little Lion was getting internet outages in Portsmouth, but that's about it. It was pretty wet though, being on the coast.