Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Weather Thread

2020 Weather Thread

Old Nov 12th 2020, 2:27 am
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
And now it's 30 degrees F colder than it was then
It dropped from 74 to 59 in not very much time yesterday. But it's not going to snow at least through Thanksgiving so that's something.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
****ing flooding. Not unheard of but still a bitch.
Yeah, our yard is the same, had to dump some loose stuff in the cargo trailer so it wouldn't blow all over the yard overnight and in the dimpsy light I didn't notice how deep the puddle I had to wade through to get to it. It's the first time that area of the yard has flooded in three years and the water was half way up my calves!!

Electric gate chose this evening to quit functioning (easy fix but not in this weather),
the air condenser decided that tonight would be the night it fancied playing up, so no aircon,
the missus tried to drive through a muddy spot in the yard ( ) so her Focus is stuck until I can be arsed to push it out - it would be one of those cheapo half-arsed designs with no towing eye,
the neighbours cheap crappy picnic marquee style tractor cover has let go and is a mess of poles and vinyl draped over our dividing fence,
and while I'm typing this something reasonably hefty has landed on the roof, so that will need checking in daylight and removing.

And if that wasn't annoying enough, I spent all day removing a 12' high carport in storm force winds and pissing rain in nothing more than a pair of shorts and a waterproof jacket and my slightly damp workboots are still draining after the puddle incident so tomorrow I'll be doing more of the same but in wet boots. FFS.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 3:29 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Yeah, our yard is the same, had to dump some loose stuff in the cargo trailer so it wouldn't blow all over the yard overnight and in the dimpsy light I didn't notice how deep the puddle I had to wade through to get to it. It's the first time that area of the yard has flooded in three years and the water was half way up my calves!!

Electric gate chose this evening to quit functioning (easy fix but not in this weather),
the air condenser decided that tonight would be the night it fancied playing up, so no aircon,
the missus tried to drive through a muddy spot in the yard ( ) so her Focus is stuck until I can be arsed to push it out - it would be one of those cheapo half-arsed designs with no towing eye,
the neighbours cheap crappy picnic marquee style tractor cover has let go and is a mess of poles and vinyl draped over our dividing fence,
and while I'm typing this something reasonably hefty has landed on the roof, so that will need checking in daylight and removing.

And if that wasn't annoying enough, I spent all day removing a 12' high carport in storm force winds and pissing rain in nothing more than a pair of shorts and a waterproof jacket and my slightly damp workboots are still draining after the puddle incident so tomorrow I'll be doing more of the same but in wet boots. FFS.
Thank you. I feel so much better now.
Old Nov 12th 2020, 4:44 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Our weather today be like this

Old Nov 13th 2020, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post

That's what my weather looked like today too, 85F and humid as hell though. At least, the sky looked that way until 3pm as the afternoon rain clouds got ready to let go at 4pm.

Admittedly the Japanese Stilt Grass doesn't have quite the lush look of the grass in your pic, especially with the pair of freshly acquired 25' long 'Back to the Future' skid marks where I pushed the Focus out of the bog while the missus took 'keep the revs low but doing something' to mean floor it.
The driveway is lacking that freshly manicured look of your pathway as it's now buried in varying sizes of bits of oak and Spanish moss.

The air conditioner is much happier now that the banana leaves aren't causing it to overheat, the neighbour's vinyl and steel trashed marquee was unceremoniously dumped back over the fence this morning and my roof appears intact, always a bonus!
Perhaps I'll lube the gate ram tomorrow...
Old Nov 13th 2020, 5:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That's what my weather looked like today too, 85F and humid as hell though. At least, the sky looked that way until 3pm as the afternoon rain clouds got ready to let go at 4pm.

Admittedly the Japanese Stilt Grass doesn't have quite the lush look of the grass in your pic, especially with the pair of freshly acquired 25' long 'Back to the Future' skid marks where I pushed the Focus out of the bog while the missus took 'keep the revs low but doing something' to mean floor it.
The driveway is lacking that freshly manicured look of your pathway as it's now buried in varying sizes of bits of oak and Spanish moss.

The air conditioner is much happier now that the banana leaves aren't causing it to overheat, the neighbour's vinyl and steel trashed marquee was unceremoniously dumped back over the fence this morning and my roof appears intact, always a bonus!
Perhaps I'll lube the gate ram tomorrow...
Sounds dire and a lot of work I hope you and Mrs ZZ the Rev Head are still on speaking terms.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 9:07 am
Banned

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

The weather is at a stage now where i sit in my chair in the sun in the afternoons and get a top up on the tan.I watch the sun go down behind the ranges and it's like someone has switched the heating off.Up i jump get dressed shut the door another day done
Old Nov 13th 2020, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds dire and a lot of work I hope you and Mrs ZZ the Rev Head are still on speaking terms.
Believe me, that was nowhere near dire! And of course we are, might have been different if I hadn't been so quick off the mark and ended up on my back in two inches of mud and mosquitoes.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Snowed, not not snowing, about 36F ish.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 8:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

10C in Toronto today. Big drop from the 27C a couple of days ago.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 8:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

What are all those random people doing in your garden?
Old Nov 13th 2020, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
10C in Toronto today. Big drop from the 27C a couple of days ago.
Look on the bright side, you will have Sunday, 11 degrees before dropping down into 3 degree range mid week. At least according to current forecast, no snow though.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 11:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Look on the bright side, you will have Sunday, 11 degrees before dropping down into 3 degree range mid week. At least according to current forecast, no snow though.
I hate the white stuff.
Old Nov 14th 2020, 1:29 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Believe me, that was nowhere near dire! And of course we are, might have been different if I hadn't been so quick off the mark and ended up on my back in two inches of mud and mosquitoes.
Just came back to this a couple of days later. The flooding didn't amount to much, d\Dried out after a day. 2 fence panels came down but the post was already rotted so i will have to fix that tomorrow. And collect a bunch of branches /twigs off the roof. And mow the lawn!
Old Nov 14th 2020, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
Just came back to this a couple of days later. The flooding didn't amount to much, d\Dried out after a day. 2 fence panels came down but the post was already rotted so i will have to fix that tomorrow. And collect a bunch of branches /twigs off the roof. And mow the lawn!
I thought you would have had it worse than us? We, apparently, had 5.7" of rain that evening and whilst the surprise puddle near my trailer is now just a bit of a mud patch I still have standing water in at least three areas of the yard.
I'm going up on my roof tomorrow as well, but I'm just taking a broom and sweeping the whole lot off, I might even pick it up and burn it with the driveway rakings...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.