Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Weather Thread

2020 Weather Thread

Old Oct 17th 2020, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Weather Thread

10.30pm and it's 82F here, that's nearly 28C, in mid October, long after the sun went down. Not amused.

Needless to say, it was hot as balls this afternoon. 93F if you're asking.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 3:02 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
10.30pm and it's 82F here, that's nearly 28C, in mid October, long after the sun went down. Not amused.

Needless to say, it was hot as balls this afternoon. 93F if you're asking.
We had an amazing cool front today with rain! It dropped down to 53F!!!!
But tomorrow it will be high 80's and by Sunday back to the 90's. Summer is still here.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
We had an amazing cool front today with rain! It dropped down to 53F!!!!
But tomorrow it will be high 80's and by Sunday back to the 90's. Summer is still here.

Texas weather seems to have a hard time making its mind up.

The week I spent in Dallas last spring, I pretty much saw everything from not bad and sunny, to hot and humid, to severe hail and thunder storms, to tornado warnings and everything in between sometimes all on the same day.....One day started out nice and clearly, then horrendous thunder storms, and hail and wind that felt like would blow the roof off, then as fast as it came on, it stopped and was sunny again.

And to top off that trip, the miserable flight home, so many thunder storms made it so we could not take anywhere close to a direct route, and had to spend like 90 minutes flying west, before we could turn the correct direction, what should have been like a 3h 30min flight turned into almost 5 hours....

Damn that Texas weather.
Old Oct 17th 2020, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Our weather is now nippy early morning with hot sun by11, in sun hot and nippy in the shade.Our homes are starting to cool down too and i think once the clocks go back it will be dark by 6.30 it will not be too long before we start to see fires at nightP.S the pool is ice cubes!

Last edited by el collado kid; Oct 17th 2020 at 7:58 am. Reason: forgot
Old Oct 19th 2020, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

We had first mist in the valley this morning(this autumn) and is now sunny with a high of24-25.Oh forgot my summer quilt went on yesterday and i put slippers on,There's a cold wind coming

Last edited by el collado kid; Oct 19th 2020 at 8:56 am. Reason: forgot
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Was 32F this morning when I woke up at 8am, I assume it was a bit cooler earlier in the morning, might be the first night reaching the freezing level.

Snow might occur before morning.

Snow beginning before morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 3. Wind chill minus 7 this evening.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 12:02 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Was 32F this morning when I woke up at 8am, I assume it was a bit cooler earlier in the morning, might be the first night reaching the freezing level.

Snow might occur before morning.

Snow beginning before morning. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 3. Wind chill minus 7 this evening.
Ouch. Must take some getting used to after growing up in California.

I guess we are the opposite here. I used to complain about British winters but now I miss them and wish we could at least have a little bit of the seasons most places have instead of heat and humidity for most of the year.

Oh well, weather is not everything in life. We are both luckier than some parts of the world that's for sure!
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Ouch. Must take some getting used to after growing up in California.

I guess we are the opposite here. I used to complain about British winters but now I miss them and wish we could at least have a little bit of the seasons most places have instead of heat and humidity for most of the year.

Oh well, weather is not everything in life. We are both luckier than some parts of the world that's for sure!
I am used to it now, but man the first couple of winters were rough, especially the first one, it was cloudy and rainy for nearly all of December, I was not doing well....lol
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

We had fine drizzle all afternoon yesterday,which was very welcome for the garden.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

The sun does not have far to go now for it's winter setting place,the sun was just going at 1/4 past 7 last night and to day is very windy.The rest of the week will be sunny and temps of 22-23d day and 13d at night.
Old Oct 26th 2020, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Highs of 90F yesterday, 90F expected today and 91F tomorrow, humudity expected to put heat index around 100F today. Expecting to lose the humidity next week.
Old Oct 27th 2020, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

I forgot to put my watch right the sunsets at 1/4 past 6.Today 22d sunny with a breeze,
Old Oct 27th 2020, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Highs of 90F yesterday, 90F expected today and 91F tomorrow, humudity expected to put heat index around 100F today. Expecting to lose the humidity next week.
So much for that, it was 92F yesterday, 92F today and forecast 92F tomorrow, then we're supposed to go under 90F for the rest of the week. Spent today getting cooked putting a composite roof on a 30' long porch that I'm building, come 3.30pm I'd had enough and knocked off half an hour early, if I'm going to work in summer temperatures then I'm going to assume I get the summer perk of knocking off early...and woe betide the boss that tells me I can't....