Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Weather Thread

2020 Weather Thread

Old Sep 18th 2020, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Overcast and rainy maybe with thunder the sun is back tomorrow.
Old Sep 19th 2020, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

The sun is back feels a little fresh this morning(that will not last long) the garden needed the rain which is good!
Old Sep 20th 2020, 4:09 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
glad to hear that. Hopefully you will stay safe.
Luckily for us,but not for most of the gulf coast, we will dodge the bullet again.
Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Hey, there's plenty of guff out in the Atlantic and still rolling off the African coast to keep us all on our toes for the foreseeable future...
I can't hear you
The Greeks are coming to get us.
TS Beta is heading straight for us. Not a strong storm for wind but bad for flooding.

I hope this is our last year here.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I aim to beat that, already making plans for a November move to SC.
Old Sep 20th 2020, 11:31 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

I aim to beat that, already making plans for a November move to SC.

I'm really glad for you, hope your plan works out

I have a feeling our move will not be along any coast line at all! Almost 32 years of preparing for storms and 4 times being flooded is a about all we need .

Old Sep 21st 2020, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really glad for you, hope your plan works out

I have a feeling our move will not be along any coast line at all! Almost 32 years of preparing for storms and 4 times being flooded is a about all we need .
Nor will mine, barring a six month stint in the Massif Central, Haute-Loire this will be the first time since my pre-teen years that I will have lived more than 15 miles from the sea. The mountains of the Greenville/Asheville area should compensate nicely for the lack of sea air, leaving my better half in FL to finish out the school year and sell the house isn't ideal though.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi ma and zzrmark, has the number of storms increased over the years the intensity rainfall and wind ,or is it the same every year??? today we have sun and cloud with highs in the high 20tys.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Hi ma and zzrmark, has the number of storms increased over the years the intensity rainfall and wind ,or is it the same every year??? today we have sun and cloud with highs in the high 20tys.
I would say the Texas gulf coast has certainly got hotter and the storms seem to pop up a lot quicker. Flooding is our main problem. A lot of it is bad drainage management and also errosion and we are are very flat here! It is the constant uncertainty and being prepared that has finally got to us. We are ready to get away from it....after all the years in the heat and humidity I'm ready for somewhere with seasons again!

Last edited by Sugarmooma; Sep 21st 2020 at 2:07 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I'm still too green around the gills to comment authoritatively on previous years. It's the hottest and wettest summer I've experienced of the past seven years (not all of them full summers). My missus has lived in this county for 50+ years and says that it's getting progressively worse with it being far hotter now than ever before. Touch wood, we haven't had a blow this way this year... but there's still a month before the season winds down and October is the time when storms spring up from the Caribbean giving us little forewarning.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: 2020 Weather Thread

I would say the Texas gulf coast has certainly got hotter and the storms seem to pop up a lot quicker. Flooding is our main problem. A lot of it is bad drainage management and also errosion and we are are very flat here! It is the constant uncertainty and being prepared that has finally got to us. We are ready to get away from it....after all the years in the heat and humidity I'm ready for somewhere with seasons again!
I'm still too green around the gills to comment authoritatively on previous years. It's the hottest and wettest summer I've experienced of the past seven years (not all of them full summers). My missus has lived in this county for 50+ years and says that it's getting progressively worse with it being far hotter now than ever before. Touch wood, we haven't had a blow this way this year... but there's still a month before the season winds down and October is the time when storms spring up from the Caribbean giving us little forewarning.
Hi ma and zzrmark.We have had a strange year this year very late summer very dry hardly any rain at all so far some cold nights early hours a while back,Mountains of pine needles and sap and the pool has been shocked 3 times because of pollen and dirt from the trees.Temps still high and humid but we have a temp drop day and night next week,hope all goes well for you for the remainder of the season.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 3:16 pm

The Greeks are coming to get us.
TS Beta is heading straight for us. Not a strong storm for wind but bad for flooding.

Finally gone! The longest 3 days of flood protection on the house with Beta stalled out over us.. This morning it moved away heading toward Louisiana. The Bayous are still high and as we live down stream we are expecting them to keep cresting for a few more days. Now we are a squelchy soggy mess ripe for the next batch of mosquitoes
Old Sep 25th 2020, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting chilly at night.

Old Sep 25th 2020, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

I am sad to say everything has started to point to the fact autumn is rearing its ugly head, pool is cold cool mornings.But once the sun gets up its hot as today will be.
Old Sep 26th 2020, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

We only hit 90F/32C today, at 8.30pm it was 84F/29C and humid all day. Anyone fancy throwing an autumnal day my way?
Old Sep 28th 2020, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

After a cool start the sun is coming up for a nice sunny day,by the way last night is the first night all the windows were eathier shut or on half latch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.