Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Weather Thread

2020 Weather Thread

Old Sep 13th 2020, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Same as above again
Old Sep 13th 2020, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Today has a typical British style autumnal day feel about it, that is to say, grey, wet and with that delightfully drab and dreary feel, beautifully refreshing! It is a mild 78F/25C at the moment with an expected high of 82F/28C. The rest of the week is supposed to be wet as well but with highs between 86F/30C and 89F/32C.

Yesterday was a perfect day for breaking out a sweat in the yard until midday, as it was cooler and overcast, and then retiring to the sofa and monging out in front of the telly getting our first gridiron fix of the year while it lashed down outside. Today, will probably follow similar lines but I'll tinker in the single-wide that serves as my mancave, as it's already raining, and then mong out watching the pro's take their turn, including our new local boy, Tom Brady.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 3:59 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Today has a typical British style autumnal day feel about it, that is to say, grey, wet and with that delightfully drab and dreary feel, beautifully refreshing! It is a mild 78F/25C at the moment with an expected high of 82F/28C. The rest of the week is supposed to be wet as well but with highs between 86F/30C and 89F/32C.

Yesterday was a perfect day for breaking out a sweat in the yard until midday, as it was cooler and overcast, and then retiring to the sofa and monging out in front of the telly getting our first gridiron fix of the year while it lashed down outside. Today, will probably follow similar lines but I'll tinker in the single-wide that serves as my mancave, as it's already raining, and then mong out watching the pro's take their turn, including our new local boy, Tom Brady.
Are you going to be ok from the deluge of "Sally" ?
Old Sep 13th 2020, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Are you going to be ok from the deluge of "Sally" ?
Ta, for asking, I might have sounded a trifle more panicked in my post this morning if I thought the weather might have impacted my NFL viewing plans.
We don't suffer flooding to that kind of extent. At this time of year I can't turn the truck around in the yard because my turning spot becomes a large puddle, this year it has been a tad larger, up to forty or fifty feet long as opposed to the twenty of the past two years, and there is a new puddle this year right behind where I park. We will need the standing water in the area to rise by about ten more inches before it crosses the lane and floods our land completely, we'd then need sustained rainfall for it to rise enough to flood the house, drainage here is pretty good despite being off the beaten track.

The rain today has been on more than it has been off but it hasn't been a continuous tropical style deluge.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 8:42 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Ta, for asking, I might have sounded a trifle more panicked in my post this morning if I thought the weather might have impacted my NFL viewing plans.
We don't suffer flooding to that kind of extent. At this time of year I can't turn the truck around in the yard because my turning spot becomes a large puddle, this year it has been a tad larger, up to forty or fifty feet long as opposed to the twenty of the past two years, and there is a new puddle this year right behind where I park. We will need the standing water in the area to rise by about ten more inches before it crosses the lane and floods our land completely, we'd then need sustained rainfall for it to rise enough to flood the house, drainage here is pretty good despite being off the beaten track.

The rain today has been on more than it has been off but it hasn't been a continuous tropical style deluge.
glad to hear that. Hopefully you will stay safe.
Luckily for us,but not for most of the gulf coast, we will dodge the bullet again.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

glad to hear that. Hopefully you will stay safe.
Luckily for us,but not for most of the gulf coast, we will dodge the bullet again.
Hey, there's plenty of guff out in the Atlantic and still rolling off the African coast to keep us all on our toes for the foreseeable future...
Old Sep 13th 2020, 9:52 pm

Hey, there's plenty of guff out in the Atlantic and still rolling off the African coast to keep us all on our toes for the foreseeable future...
I can't hear you
Old Sep 14th 2020, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Forecast is subject to change, the smoke can make it hard to get an accurate weather forecast, hopefully Tuesday see's clear skies again.

Old Sep 14th 2020, 11:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We went to the beach today because we knew it would be deserted. As soon as Labor Day is over it is the end of summer in most peoples minds around here except not according to the temperatures! We took a picnic, sat on the beach and enjoyed the sea breeze and the sun...until it got too hot. It was a good day to be out and not have to avoid other people!

I even put my feet into the warm gulf water in memory of my mum
What a lovely post that was to read. I bet your mum was smiling up there
Old Sep 14th 2020, 11:11 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Typical spring day, 27C max, 13 overnight. All good except I've just seen the first post-winter mozzie. Better hunt down the Aerogard
Old Sep 14th 2020, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
What a lovely post that was to read. I bet your mum was smiling up there
Thank you. I like to think so
Old Sep 15th 2020, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Still hot and sunny here.Anyone in the way of sally she looks huge on the tracker i have seen.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Still hot and sunny here.Anyone in the way of sally she looks huge on the tracker i have seen.
Not me but it's been responsible for another damp, dreary, humid day with lower temps down this way. Not good for anyone with it plodding along at two miles an hour picking up strength the longer it stays out at sea.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Less smoke, better air quality went from Hazardous to Very unhealthy, but hopefully continues to improve through the week, all dependent on winds of course. But could see the sun a bit today, and a bit of sky, so its not as dense as the previous 2 days.
Old Sep 16th 2020, 10:31 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Hope anyone down Florida/Alabama way is staying safe. Looks nasty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.