Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Weather Thread

2020 Weather Thread

Old May 30th 2020, 8:49 am
Banned

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Still bight and sunny,same temps nice
Old May 30th 2020, 4:39 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Still bight and sunny,same temps nice
I hust went out to collect the garden waste bin (first collection since lockdown today)... and on my way back to the front door was "assailed" by the heavy scent of jasmine. It was like walking through a tart's boudoir (allegedly).
Old May 31st 2020, 12:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The forecast was calling for batwing. It's not quite there yet.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 8:34 am
Banned

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Still bright and sunny with good temps.Strange thing though on sunday night i woke up in the night with cold feet got up and put socks on
Old Jun 4th 2020, 8:05 am
Banned

Still hot and sunny but with thunder storms the afternoon
Old Jun 4th 2020, 11:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Four days into winter, today was warm sunshine, blue skies and 26 celcius. I no complain.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 1:51 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday we had a derecho, but our winds and rain (0.5" or 12mm) were not excessive.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/sever...tlantic/752596

Today we have had several thunderstorms and lots of rain with more to come, the cat is not impressed with it at all.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 1:56 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few days into hurricane season and we have a named storm coming into the gulf. We should know by the weekend if it will impact Texas. Right now it is projected to hit the East Texas coast and Louisiana so we may be ok
Old Jun 6th 2020, 9:08 am
Banned

Hot and sunny today temps 30+.The thunder storm did not appear yesterday Just black sky's the wind got up a little spit and spot.So a big water day in the garden
Old Jun 6th 2020, 1:29 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Hot and sunny today temps 30+.The thunder storm did not appear yesterday Just black sky's the wind got up a little spit and spot.So a big water day in the garden
Cold and overcast. Windy with showers (but not enough rain to actually help with the garden).

Back to normal for a UK summer......
Old Jun 6th 2020, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Just a few days into hurricane season and we have a named storm coming into the gulf. We should know by the weekend if it will impact Texas. Right now it is projected to hit the East Texas coast and Louisiana so we may be ok
Keep safe.
I'm going to need to dig out my wellies if it's rain keeps up much longer. It started at half two Friday afternoon and is still going at 11am Saturday with no let up for the next 24 hours. It's not a catastrophic type rain but it's a bit early in the rainy season to have two inches of standing water in the yard.
Thursday afternoon I wondered if I was going to be that idiot who gets his truck swamped in 18 inches of standing water when I took a break from the jobsite, just as the deluge started, to go get some stuff from the workshop and returned an hour later in those shitty zero visibility rain conditions that is a summer speciality down here. A hundred yards from the jobsite and I realised as I turned the corner that the continual 3" of standing water on the road had become 18" and I couldn't tell if it was going to get much deeper. Luckily it didn't but I was starting to wish I was back in a Landy with a snorkel exhaust system.

Otherwise, it's 79F and humid as hell so today I'm going to pretend that I'm Battery Sargeant Major Tudor Bryn Williams.
Old Jun 6th 2020, 4:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You don't mess around with lightning in this country. This is the Washington monument, in DC, last night.

Catch it live here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...k-by-lightning

Old Jun 6th 2020, 5:11 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Keep safe.
I'm going to need to dig out my wellies if it's rain keeps up much longer. It started at half two Friday afternoon and is still going at 11am Saturday with no let up for the next 24 hours. It's not a catastrophic type rain but it's a bit early in the rainy season to have two inches of standing water in the yard.
Thursday afternoon I wondered if I was going to be that idiot who gets his truck swamped in 18 inches of standing water when I took a break from the jobsite, just as the deluge started, to go get some stuff from the workshop and returned an hour later in those shitty zero visibility rain conditions that is a summer speciality down here. A hundred yards from the jobsite and I realised as I turned the corner that the continual 3" of standing water on the road had become 18" and I couldn't tell if it was going to get much deeper. Luckily it didn't but I was starting to wish I was back in a Landy with a snorkel exhaust system.

Otherwise, it's 79F and humid as hell so today I'm going to pretend that I'm Battery Sargeant Major Tudor Bryn Williams.

Still looking ok for us but you know those storms, a little turn to the left and a big uh ho!!
We were like you are now last week. Total soggy season. The back yard was a lake for a few days which then meant the mosquito swarm

Remember: Turn around, don't drown!
Old Jun 7th 2020, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Still looking ok for us but you know those storms, a little turn to the left and a big uh ho!!
We were like you are now last week. Total soggy season. The back yard was a lake for a few days which then meant the mosquito swarm

Remember: Turn around, don't drown!
I quite agree, this was slightly different in that it was nowhere near flowing water and just the low point on a minor road junction. The 3" standing water had been like that for over a mile and wasn't true standing water, it had been there less than an hour and was gone an hour later, it's quite common round here to flood like that on a daily basis when it rains. Rising rivers and coastal flooding are a totally different ballgame. I wouldn't want to be on foot near the storm drains when it's like that, mind.
Edit: And make that 30 hours of near continual rain now.
Old Jun 7th 2020, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
I quite agree, this was slightly different in that it was nowhere near flowing water and just the low point on a minor road junction. The 3" standing water had been like that for over a mile and wasn't true standing water, it had been there less than an hour and was gone an hour later, it's quite common round here to flood like that on a daily basis when it rains. Rising rivers and coastal flooding are a totally different ballgame. I wouldn't want to be on foot near the storm drains when it's like that, mind.
Edit: And make that 30 hours of near continual rain now.
Crap. The continual rainfall are our nightmares. The bayou's here flood so quickly.
Is Christobel going to impact you as well on Sunday/Monday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.