British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   2020 Weather Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/2020-weather-thread-930053/)

Jerseygirl Mar 4th 2020 4:43 pm

Re: 2020 Weather Thread

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12816029)
You give your cat a whole can of wet food plus dry every day? Is he a cat or a jaguar?

And as for the alarm waking you guys up, I wish I slept long enough for my alarm to actually be able to wake me up......spend most mornings wide awake by 4am unable to get back to sleep. Hormones are the cause apparently, as they apparently are for every ailment under the sun when you get to my age. Still, I have osteoporosis, weight gain and urinary incontinence still to look forward to so not all is gloomy

snap!!! A few years ago I could sleep until 8 am, later if I wasn’t disturbed. I normally go to bed between 11 and midnight, but now I wake around 2, go back to sleep, wake at 4 and can’t get back to sleep.

BEVS Mar 5th 2020 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12815990)
I know this isn't a weather, strictly speaking, but it's the result of weather. Heard my first cardinal of the year singing on my walk to the station this morning.

I googled. Lovely.

I am presently waking at 3.30am each morning. I am not sure why but it needs to stop.

Today is arm. sunny and dry. We need rain.

Sugarmooma Mar 5th 2020 1:27 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12816220)
I googled. Lovely.

I am presently waking at 3.30am each morning. I am not sure why but it needs to stop.

Today is arm. sunny and dry. We need rain.

I have no sleep pattern at all since retiring. Sometimes I wake about 3 or 4 am and can't fall back to sleep.Sometimes I just can't sleep at all. I give up trying and just get up and read, watch a movie or work on a jigsaw puzzle.
The weird thing is I am more physically active now than when I was working. We are are always working in the house or outside and yet I don't get tired.And I don't have daytime naps either. Not like other people in our house:sneaky: Must be an old person thing, maybe!

el collado kid Mar 10th 2020 9:59 am

the weather is calm and sunny and very warm,winds have gone and we will have a nice week before a little downturn in temperatures.

Jerseygirl Mar 10th 2020 4:25 pm

Lovely sunny day yesterday, 22C. :thumbup:

Rain and very low cloud today, but well above freezing. Hopefully sub zero temps are behind us now. :fingerscrossed:

BEVS Mar 11th 2020 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 12816237)
I have no sleep pattern at all since retiring. Sometimes I wake about 3 or 4 am and can't fall back to sleep.Sometimes I just can't sleep at all. I give up trying and just get up and read, watch a movie or work on a jigsaw puzzle.
The weird thing is I am more physically active now than when I was working. We are are always working in the house or outside and yet I don't get tired.And I don't have daytime naps either. Not like other people in our house:sneaky: Must be an old person thing, maybe!

I cannot nap either. Never have. I didn't even know it was a thing until some friends seemed to be doing this . Always thought if himself dropped off for a bit it was due to his thyroid If I am sleeping for a short while during the day at all then I am rather sick with flu or similar. Or taking pain meds whilst in hospital.

I'm active enough I feel. So much DIY house and garden to do all the time but I do ensure I give myself time off with my hobbies and reading etc. I always read a little before turning off the light. It's not about needing the loo or something. I am thinking it may be a neighbour over the way who starts work around 3.30am/4am as she is a courier driver. I may be picking up on the van leaving although that isn't at all loud . I know if it is a full moon then that effects my sleep pattern. I wonder sometimes if my age and body simply says enough sleep has been had.

I don't get up unless it really is eyeballs wide open. I try to deflect my mind into something soothing. Running music in my head or imagining something nice or a good memory . Something like that anyway.

Weather: Today we have cloud , drizzle and rain. This is good news.

BristolUK Mar 11th 2020 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12818891)
...I know if it is a full moon then that effects my sleep...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...070ab9c547.jpg

el collado kid Mar 12th 2020 8:59 am

Gosh was it hot yesterday,reached 27% same today found it difficult to sit in the sun.Lovley:shades_smile:

el collado kid Mar 19th 2020 9:38 am

We are in our 5th day of lockdown and 4th day of overcast rainy cloudy and temp drop:(I Thought if in lockdown i could sunbathe.there you go best laid plans in all:huh:

Jerseygirl Mar 19th 2020 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12823202)
We are in our 5th day of lockdown and 4th day of overcast rainy cloudy and temp drop:(I Thought if in lockdown i could sunbathe.there you go best laid plans in all:huh:

whatcha moaning abiut. Just few degrees above freezing here, but with the windchill it feels like -10. :frown:

macliam Mar 19th 2020 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12823397)
whatcha moaning abiut. Just few degrees above freezing here, but with the windchill it feels like -10. :frown:

Yeah, well not freezing here, just 10-12C and grey....... typical for the time of year in the UK. Buds out, my Cherry tree is flowering, Spring is here.

Then I speak to SWMBO, she is either sending me shots of an outside thermometer showing 28C at 1030, or moaning when it "drops" to 18C, whilst complaining that there's no rain. 18C and sun sounds pretty good to me now......... I know where I'd rather be in "lockdown".

Bob Mar 19th 2020 4:49 pm

First day of spring and it's damp and minging. It snowed a couple days ago. It's snowed a few inches in the western part of the state...This after it's been in the mid 60's F all week.

BEVS Mar 20th 2020 4:13 am

All sorts. Warm. Cloud. Sun. Windy.

el collado kid Mar 21st 2020 9:49 am

Still raining very cloudy misty and no sun:(I forgot to say the farmers have been plowing the fields all week so i think they knew it would raining

Jerseygirl Mar 21st 2020 1:04 pm

Welcome to spring in Canada...sunny -7.

edit: Forgot...feels like -15 :eek: