Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Random Comment Thread

2020 Random Comment Thread

Old Jun 30th 2020, 7:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Random Comment Thread

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
All the bosses must have been working their poor fat arses off somewhere else.

I hope it doesn't come to Amazon. We'll have to stop complaining about them if you're working there.
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
The OH's mead not ready, or not drinkable?

The office is still officially closed. Those working are working from home still. So over three floors it was me, two other people, and the person managing the office clearout/tech return, etc.

No, mead not ready yet.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 7:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Started? When did it finish?

Seriously though, I hope Wilkins Micawber proves right for once and that "Good comes from Bad" as we say back home.

Good point well made.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

I forget how late it actually is in summer because its still light out at 9pm or how early it is in the morning because the sun comes up at 5:15am.

Old Jul 1st 2020, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 2020 Random Comment Thread

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Had to go downtown to empty my office this morning. City's still pretty empty, I got a parking space on the street right outside the building.

Oh what a bummer fur ball have a pint with me.Just to let you know i have been putting all my spare mental capacity and mind waves to influencing someone to employ you.Best wishes mate
Old Jul 1st 2020, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

There's a silly notion that failure's not an option at NASA. Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.
P.s could someone tell me how to post without the photos included in the quote.
​​​​​​​I have been accused of cocking up quotes before( if you do not know you just do not know), this little bit of random is by me ECK
Old Jul 1st 2020, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
There's a silly notion that failure's not an option at NASA. Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.
I have been accused of cocking up quotes before( if you do not know you just do not know), this little bit of random is by me ECK
Thanks ECK.

To get the photos out of the post you are replying to, start to reply in the normal way using the quote button. Then in the reply box where you are typing you will be able to scroll up into the text of the person you are replying to and use that new mouse of yours to select and the delete or "cut" the photos.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 3:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I have been accused of cocking up quotes before( if you do not know you just do not know), this little bit of random is by me ECK

Big pics are annoying aren’t they? When uploading you should be able to choose the size...small/medium/original...I can using my iPad. To delete pics when quoting...tap on the pic and it should either turn blue or a thin blue line will appear at the side of the pic. Now hit the delete button and the pic should disappear.

If it doesn’t work...open a new thread in the Site Feedback forum.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Big pics are annoying aren’t they? When uploading you should be able to choose the size...small/medium/original...I can using my iPad. To delete pics when quoting...tap on the pic and it should either turn blue or a thin blue line will appear at the side of the pic. Now hit the delete button and the pic should disappear.

If it doesn’t work...open a new thread in the Site Feedback forum.
Interesting. I am never given a size option when uploading, it just uploads and never been a choice of small/med/large.

Windows PC.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 11:31 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Most times I end up dragging something into my own graphics editor and reducing the image size before posting......

Deleting previously posted images in quoted threads is easy, as described, just quote, click on the image within the quoted text and hit delete.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 11:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Interesting. I am never given a size option when uploading, it just uploads and never been a choice of small/med/large.

Windows PC.
Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Most times I end up dragging something into my own graphics editor and reducing the image size before posting......

Deleting previously posted images in quoted threads is easy, as described, just quote, click on the image within the quoted text and hit delete.
Here is Siouxie's secret.

When you have inserted the image in your post, click on it. Then click 'Source' which then gives you the text for the image. As part of that you will see the size of the image...it appears like 839x650.

Just overtype the numbers and then post. You can preview it with the new size. Halving is easy enough if you want to keep it in ratio. It needn't be exact. You may be able to look at the numbers and instantly say I can take a third of each one.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Here is Siouxie's secret.

When you have inserted the image in your post, click on it. Then click 'Source' which then gives you the text for the image. As part of that you will see the size of the image...it appears like 839x650.

Just overtype the numbers and then post. You can preview it with the new size. Halving is easy enough if you want to keep it in ratio. It needn't be exact. You may be able to look at the numbers and instantly say I can take a third of each one.
Good to know. Don't want the dancing mouse telling me off.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 6:10 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know. Don't want the dancing mouse telling me off.
Where? Where?

Old Jul 2nd 2020, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Well what can i say. After 3 attempts to delete or cut photos and ballsing it up,she comes in click click click all done
Now i know, i know another random comment by ECK.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 7:42 pm

Apparently we'll have mead by Christmas.

Old Jul 2nd 2020, 8:59 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently we'll have mead by Christmas.
Never mind that - how's the myrrh coming along?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.