Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Random Comment Thread

2020 Random Comment Thread

Old Jan 22nd 2020, 6:39 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Random Comment Thread

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
So long as he doesn't take sugar in his tea the tea stains are mostly harmless.
As Douglas Adams might have said.....

Old Jan 22nd 2020, 6:43 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I once had to unload an entire 20ft box truck full of arts and crafts from Mexico because the customs dudes couldn't tell the difference between the smell of fresh rush matting and weed. I mean really, you would think, right? Anyway, the nice little labrador they put in the truck obviously did know the difference and gave me the all clear. And no, they didn't help me repack
See, here we have the difference between reality and Irish reallity.
Me, driving off the Rosslare ferry...
Customs man, "Sha, now would ye have any of them auld drugs on board at all?"
Me "I might be able to let you have a couple of Aspirin"
Customs man, "Ah sha, I don't mean that kind of drugs at all! Away with ye!"
Me, drives on happily.....
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 6:46 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
See, here we have the difference between reality and Irish reallity.
Me, driving off the Rosslare ferry...
Customs man, "Sha, now would ye have any of them auld drugs on board at all?"
Me "I might be able to let you have a couple of Aspirin"
Customs man, "Ah sha, I don't mean that kind of drugs at all! Away with ye!"
Me, drives on happily.....

Dear god, reply like that to a US customs officer and you won't be getting out for a week.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 7:09 pm
Resident Cynic

Dear god, reply like that to a US customs officer and you won't be getting out for a week.
But then, which has the bigger drugs problem..........?
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 8:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
But then, which has the bigger drugs problem..........?

US customs officials don't do irony, either.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 8:09 pm
Resident Cynic

US customs officials don't do irony, either.
We didn't know fancy phrases like "irony", but "taking the rise" was fierce!!
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 10:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Hard mode is buying loose leaf tea and putting it into ziplock bags before packing. Extra hard mode - do the same but with sage and oregano.
Back in school, a mate went to see his uncle in India to get a sack of herbs for his dads restaurant.

That was hilarious...Hours he was held up, while they were trying to figure out what one must be trying to hide amongst that much curry spices and herbs
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 10:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Out? More like up...
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 10:39 pm
Resident Cynic

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Back in school, a mate went to see his uncle in India to get a sack of herbs for his dads restaurant.

That was hilarious...Hours he was held up, while they were trying to figure out what one must be trying to hide amongst that much curry spices and herbs
Reminds me of the story oft told about the package sent home by my Uncle Jim in California just after the war. Rationing was still fierce, so even staples like tea, sugar and rice were hard to come by, so good old uncle Jim sent a parcel home with all of them. Unfortunately, the internal packets weren't too strong, so that what poured out on delivery was a mixture of the three!

They still managed to salvage most of it!
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 12:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
I just have visions of sitting in a holding cell whilst each and every bag is individually tested.
I always declare ‘teabags’ on the customs forms, but the case is always put through additional screening (x-ray) at US airports. Goodness knows what all those little bags look like.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 1:15 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

They were just pretending to sort through it so they could nick some for themselves.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 1:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I always declare ‘teabags’ on the customs forms, but the case is always put through additional screening (x-ray) at US airports. Goodness knows what all those little bags look like.
According to the TV, their next step is taking you to a special toilet to see if you have swallowed any. Which you most likely have.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 11:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
howdy kid, Get of your horse and drink your milk.Said in a john wayne accent.

Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Nine.
Old Jan 31st 2020, 2:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Nine.
Or even...takes shoe off...checks inside..."size 9"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.