Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Random Comment Thread

2020 Random Comment Thread

Old Jan 22nd 2020, 1:20 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Random Comment Thread

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
I fill a suitcase full of PG Tips teabags. In fact I empty them out of the boxes and put them in plastic bags, that way I can get more in the suitcase.
That's not a bad idea.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 1:38 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
That's not a bad idea.
I just have visions of sitting in a holding cell whilst each and every bag is individually tested.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 1:46 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
I just have visions of sitting in a holding cell whilst each and every bag is individually tested.
Hard mode is buying loose leaf tea and putting it into ziplock bags before packing. Extra hard mode - do the same but with sage and oregano.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 2:08 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Hard mode is buying loose leaf tea and putting it into ziplock bags before packing. Extra hard mode - do the same but with sage and oregano.
Icing sugar.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 2:11 pm
Grove 4 Life

Icing sugar.
Yep.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 4:35 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Icing sugar.
A friend of ours once got pulled by UK customs coming back from Italy at Christmastime because they wouldn't believe the bag of white powder with his panettone was icing sugar. Now he did look somewhat dodgy - rangy tanned UK climber with dreadlocks, but he was stuck until someone actually tasted it, then he was sent on his way,
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 4:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
A friend of ours once got pulled by UK customs coming back from Italy at Christmastime because they wouldn't believe the bag of white powder with his panettone was icing sugar. Now he did look somewhat dodgy - rangy tanned UK climber with dreadlocks, but he was stuck until someone actually tasted it, then he was sent on his way,
I once had to unload an entire 20ft box truck full of arts and crafts from Mexico because the customs dudes couldn't tell the difference between the smell of fresh rush matting and weed. I mean really, you would think, right? Anyway, the nice little labrador they put in the truck obviously did know the difference and gave me the all clear. And no, they didn't help me repack
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 4:47 pm
Grove 4 Life

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I once had to unload an entire 20ft box truck full of arts and crafts from Mexico because the customs dudes couldn't tell the difference between the smell of fresh rush matting and weed. I mean really, you would think, right? Anyway, the nice little labrador they put in the truck obviously did know the difference and gave me the all clear. And no, they didn't help me repack
They should have rolled some up and smoked it, to remove all doubt.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 4:52 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

They should have rolled some up and smoked it, to remove all doubt.

They were about 6 x 4ft. That would have been quite a roll.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 5:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Not very weedy then.

Old Jan 22nd 2020, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Not very weedy then.

You should be ashamed of yourself
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 5:41 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

You should be ashamed of yourself
Oh I am. Deeply.

But not enough to stop. As you may have just seen. XIV
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 6:12 pm
Grove 4 Life

That wasn't their first clue it might not have been dope?
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 6:18 pm

That wasn't their first clue it might not have been dope?
I don't think they actually thought that the rug itself was dope (although one can't be sure), just that I had dope in the truck due to the smell. You don't have to be a dog to recognize the smell of weed, ffs, and it smells nothing at all like rush matting.

Mind you, this was the same lot that though some spilled laundry powder was worth investigating as possible coke.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 6:20 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when Leroy went to Mexico in his yellow Volvo Canadian, and the guards at Nuevo Laredo stopped him coming back. They put a big Shepherd in the car and he immediately tried to bite the front seat and started barking furiously. They took the seats out, found nothing. Looked everywhere; nothing. He said he hadn't had a toke the whole time he was in Mexico, but the dog was good enough to catch the scent of crumbs from rolling joints there at the drive-in months before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.