Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Random Comment Thread

2020 Random Comment Thread

Old Oct 11th 2020, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Random Comment Thread

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
But you still have to cope with crazy drivers who think they can cross the lines !!

The Light Rail in Houston is a great way to get around town and I always thought it was a cool job for the drivers until one day we were riding on one and a car crossed in front.. No one was hurt but it certainly felt like we were going to tip over! Scary.

I don't think it's possible to be a train engineer or light rail operator and not hit either cars or people or animals at some point, comes with the job really.

I was on the San Diego Trolley light rail as a passenger once when it hit someone, guess wasn't accidental though, was a suicide.

Happens in Vancouver with the sky train a few times a year, but it's an automated system so no operators inside the trains.

I thought about when still living in San Diego applying at the trolley, but with my digestive issues, I don't don't see any feasible way I could do that kind of job, I never know when I will need a bathroom facility and often with little warning, and well light rail trains have no bathroom facilities lol, same reason I never applied to be a bus driver....and many other jobs, people don't always take digestive issues seriously, but such issues do keep people from certain types of jobs, can't risk working jobs that don't have easy and quick access to the bathroom facilities.

Old Oct 12th 2020, 2:02 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post

....and many other jobs, people don't always take digestive issues seriously, but such issues do keep people from certain types of jobs, can't risk working jobs that don't have easy and quick access to the bathroom facilities.
Oh I totally understand that, unfortunately
Old Oct 12th 2020, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Oh I totally understand that, unfortunately

Sure can complicate life sometimes.

I suspect mine was due to a GI infection back in 1999, it all started with that infection. My grandfather had been in hospital for 2 months before dying in late 1999, and I picked up something from spending so much time in the hospital, and ever since then, my GI system has never been the same, then later in life add in a hiatal hernia and my GI system is just a mess from the stomach down, I assume the esophagus is is okay though since I have no issues or pain there.

Maybe when they fix the 2 hernias I have on on each side, they can just make a little detour and fix the stomach, I know that surgery doesn't have the best success and end up back with a hiatal hernia, but if already under, seems worth trying....lol

Hopefully I will see the GI doctor sometime in the next 3-4 months.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

The grand old duke of york marched ten thousand men up a hill and back down again.Why???
Old Oct 12th 2020, 11:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I've simultaneously just heard the first frog and seen the first mosquito of the season. All I have to do now is introduce them to each other.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 12:02 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I've simultaneously just heard the first frog and seen the first mosquito of the season. All I have to do now is introduce them to each other.

The mosquito wants to meet you, not the frog.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 1:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 12th 2020, 2:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The mosquito wants to meet you, not the frog.
I think the mosquito would rather meet scouse, they seem rather partial to him.

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Good frog patpat.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 3:06 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I think the mosquito would rather meet scouse, they seem rather partial to him.

Exotic foreign food
Old Oct 13th 2020, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Remember nobody's perfect everybody's ass has a crack in it.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 1:35 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Old Oct 13th 2020, 2:15 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

I saw the same look on scouse's face when he exited the doctor's surgery after having his prostate exam.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Frog parking only all others will be toad!
Old Oct 15th 2020, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

It's better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction
Old Oct 16th 2020, 8:18 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
It's better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction
If you're in with the right crowd, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.