Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2020 Movies

2020 Movies

Old Feb 15th 2020, 11:22 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Movies

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
The two popes doha!!! started fifteen minutes in got up had a shower sat back down asked the wife you watching this.She said no turned off,I have renamed it the dopes could be me what do you think???
I watched it and it's a well acted and interesting take on the abdication of Benedict and the accession of Francis..... but it's not "laugh a minute" or for everyone.

Supposedly, it's built around the published positions of the two men and the portrayal is not absolutely fictional, although the characters are condensed and simplified. It shows something of the internal mechanics of the Vatican and the differences between a pedantic conservative academic and a (by then) liberal practitioner and it's a bit of a journey showing how people coming from completerly different positions can come together for the sake of something they both hold dear (but which actually might mean something different to each of them). It also shows the impact of the abdication on both men and the Vatican system.

As a lapsed Catholic, I would normally avoid such things like the plague - but both the storyline and the skilled portrayals held me to the end.
Old Feb 15th 2020, 1:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

1917 - Fantastic.
Midway - Slightly disappointing. Did appreciate the historical notes on the characters at the end of the movie though.
Old Feb 18th 2020, 10:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

a Guy Ritchie film...The Gentlemen. What can I say, it was bloody brilliant.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8367814/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Old Feb 20th 2020, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Doctor dolittle with Robert downey jr.Just a bit of fun and takes your mind off things good watch
Old Feb 25th 2020, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

I watched 1917 was not impressed, if anyone is interested i have read this book which i found more interesting .Subaltern on the somme by max plowman.I bought this book in 2014 and kept thinking of it while the movie was on.I preferred the book much more than the film maybe this put me off the movie
Old Feb 25th 2020, 12:07 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Doctor dolittle with Robert downey jr.Just a bit of fun and takes your mind off things good watch
Yes, I'd agree..... nothing serious but a bit of entertainment. it does seem set "back in the days of yore" rather than at any particular time, but let's ignore that.... it's US-focused.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 12:16 pm
Resident Cynic

I watched 1917 was not impressed, if anyone is interested i have read this book which i found more interesting .Subaltern on the somme by max plowman.I bought this book in 2014 and kept thinking of it while the movie was on.I preferred the book much more than the film maybe this put me off the movie
Glad it's not just me. Rewatched it with a friend last week, he thought the same as me, well made but.... nothing. Then we watched Black '47, a dark "western style" story set in the Irish famine..... equally well made, more complex plot, well acted and told him things he didn't know before (he's English). He said it was a far better film. Don't remember any rave reviews for that.....
Old Feb 25th 2020, 12:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I posted the same about 1917 in January. It was an OK film but fell short of what I had expected with all the hype.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 11:23 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Not a 2020 movie, but a re- release on Blu-ray of a Japanese cult classic musical from 1985. I pre-ordered back in December, and it just arrived yesterday from the UK.
"The Legend of the Stardust Brothers"
If you like odd ball movies, but with really good tunes. I got to know about it after seeing it in last year's Seattle International Film Festival.
Highly recommend, but it's not for everyone.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I have to say you all must watch Dark Waters With Mark ruffalo great true story line,I can't remember were about in america it is i think the midwest farming lands.I picked this movie because of ruffalo was in it, really is a must watch movie all i will say is Contaminated water for humans and animals Dupont and Teflon coated pans.This is true and i was staggered to learn people and companies knew this and did nothing for over 50 years .A must watch
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 12:00 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say you all must watch Dark Waters With Mark ruffalo great true story line,I can't remember were about in america it is i think the midwest farming lands.I picked this movie because of ruffalo was in it, really is a must watch movie all i will say is Contaminated water for humans and animals Dupont and Teflon coated pans.This is true and i was staggered to learn people and companies knew this and did nothing for over 50 years .A must watch
You need to watch the documentary about it on Netflix called The Devil You Know. It is the true story from the people that have suffered and have tried to stop it. It is really unbelievable.
Old Mar 7th 2020, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Another great movie last night, Denial, this movie has some of the best acting i have seen the storyline is well could this happen yes it can it did.I found this film gripping fascinating and very angry through out and made me think.David Irving why why why were you such an, bigoted asshole, How could you behave in this way you shame us all nasty little,nasty little oohhhh i am still bloody angry.
actors Rachel Weisz
Tom Wilkinson
Timothy spall
All fantastic, with other british actors
DENIAL
I will watch this movie again without doubt because i got to angry and maybe a bit upset at some scenes and i maybe a bit more relaxed next time
I feel there are so many unanswered questions left by this true film, i would ask
The holocaust why did it happen why why why
And why does the jewish race get so much hatred why why, they are no different to me,just another human being
Still angry and a little ashamed to, Why is this
Old Mar 7th 2020, 12:38 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Another great movie last night, Denial, this movie has some of the best acting i have seen the storyline is well could this happen yes it can it did.I found this film gripping fascinating and very angry through out and made me think.David Irving why why why were you such an, bigoted asshole, How could you behave in this way you shame us all nasty little,nasty little oohhhh i am still bloody angry.
actors Rachel Weisz
Tom Wilkinson
Timothy spall
All fantastic, with other british actors
DENIAL
I will watch this movie again without doubt because i got to angry and maybe a bit upset at some scenes and i maybe a bit more relaxed next time
I feel there are so many unanswered questions left by this true film, i would ask
The holocaust why did it happen why why why
And why does the jewish race get so much hatred why why, they are no different to me,just another human being
Still angry and a little ashamed to, Why is this
The David Irving court case movie
Old Mar 14th 2020, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Richard jewell.Directed by clint eastwood a good true story i did not know.The real hero to zero to cop story,A well made acted and altogether good movie enjoy
Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Hidden figures.Another true story this is about 3 black women who worked for nasa in the early sixties.I found this hard to believe sometimes because of when it happened a great story really enjoyed have a look

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.