Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2019 Weather Thread

2019 Weather Thread

Old Jul 22nd 2019, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2019 Weather Thread

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I always prefered autumn, I'm much more comfortable between 45-60 than I am between 75-90. I always enjoy it when the hot weather buggers off for a day or two, I hate being uncomfortable all the time no matter what I do.
I am same, its only 79F (81 with humidex) and its too warm for me already, I don't find hot weather pleasent at all...

If I had to pick, I would say 63-70 is the perfect range for me.

The summer I spent with my mom in Palm Springs, I essentially never left the house, when we did, start the car with the auto start thinger with a/c running for 10 minutes prior, get into car quickly, park car, run into store as quick as possible.

I'll say though when its 110 outside, 80F inside does feel comfortable in the desert.
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 3:59 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I am same, its only 79F (81 with humidex) and its too warm for me already, I don't find hot weather pleasent at all...

If I had to pick, I would say 63-70 is the perfect range for me.

The summer I spent with my mom in Palm Springs, I essentially never left the house, when we did, start the car with the auto start thinger with a/c running for 10 minutes prior, get into car quickly, park car, run into store as quick as possible.

I'll say though when its 110 outside, 80F inside does feel comfortable in the desert.
I sort of overlooked that bit in the middle between 60-70, didn't I? But yeah, right in that range is ideal for summer for me, because that's what I was used to growing up on 54N. My first ever experience of Chicago weather was in September as well, so there were endless sunny days in the mid-60s and I really had no idea what I was in for as far as the extremes at either end of the scale
Old Jul 24th 2019, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

When I moved to Milwaukee it was end of October, and I had until that point only lived in San Diego & Phoenix (although Phoenix can get chilly in winter at night) and about my 3rd week in I woke up and it had rained overnight then went below 32 so all the rain frozen, I was so lost on how to get into my car....lol..

It wasn't until I think December that year that the first snow came, overall it seemed like a relatively mild winter, I don't recall any massive storms, just a few snow days but nothing bad, at least not bad enough to make commuting to Chicago bad.

Now the winter I spent in Edmonton now that was a shock, there were days when it was colder outside then it was in my freezer in the kitchen.

I sort of overlooked that bit in the middle between 60-70, didn't I? But yeah, right in that range is ideal for summer for me, because that's what I was used to growing up on 54N. My first ever experience of Chicago weather was in September as well, so there were endless sunny days in the mid-60s and I really had no idea what I was in for as far as the extremes at either end of the scale
Old Jul 24th 2019, 7:27 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Hot.
Old Jul 24th 2019, 2:59 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
When I moved to Milwaukee it was end of October, and I had until that point only lived in San Diego & Phoenix (although Phoenix can get chilly in winter at night) and about my 3rd week in I woke up and it had rained overnight then went below 32 so all the rain frozen, I was so lost on how to get into my car....lol..

It wasn't until I think December that year that the first snow came, overall it seemed like a relatively mild winter, I don't recall any massive storms, just a few snow days but nothing bad, at least not bad enough to make commuting to Chicago bad.

Now the winter I spent in Edmonton now that was a shock, there were days when it was colder outside then it was in my freezer in the kitchen.
I can do without the snow, but the cold doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the heat. Easy enough to layer up, but there's not much you can do when you're already down to a t-shirt and shorts and you're still sweating your arse off.

Even so, as much as the sun can be nice, I still live for grey, blustery autumn days.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

83F currently according to Environment Canada, humidex brings it up to 90F.

I wish we had a/c, been trying to work around the apartment but it's just too warm inside.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 9:46 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Summer stayed over an extra day, we had 33/38/38/38 C, it broke last night and we're back to 24 C this morning. Gentle rain last evening and overnight, intermittent showers forecast for the rest of today.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 1:03 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Rather chilly.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 6:07 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Hot.
Old Jul 29th 2019, 5:48 pm
Doin' It Right

It's a bit damp today.
Old Jul 29th 2019, 5:58 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Not damp at all today, after a splendid damp weekend.

Clear skies, 25 C today, purporting to be up for a poke at 27 C tomorrow before reverting to general dampness and 21 C midweek, just in time for our next batch of visitors.

Yay!

Old Jul 29th 2019, 11:51 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Cloudy and chilly. Not a good day for painting.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 6:44 am
WWLLCJD?

Hot.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 2:28 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Hot.
I'm sensing something of a running theme here.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 3:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sensing something of a running theme here.
No, I think it's far too hot to do any running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.