Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2019 Weather Thread

2019 Weather Thread

Old Jan 16th 2019, 6:19 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2019 Weather Thread

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
You're snow-free at the moment?
As of yesterday! Actually we have been very lucky, 2 drops so far, each about 10cm in BP. Much more in the Matras I imagine.

How about round your way?
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:10 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Grey, high winds, hail and sleet.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:12 pm
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Grey, high winds, hail and sleet.
Ah fond memories of Belgium, the coldest I have ever felt was at the station in Brussels waiting for a train to Maastricht!
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:13 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I no longer want to talk about weather until April.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I no longer want to talk about weather until April.
It won't be spring until May. It often snows in April.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Roll on the 25th...then it’s goodbye February and the rest of January.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:44 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It won't be spring until May. It often snows in April.
April snow is much rarer and easier to deal with. Usually doesn't require a shoveling and it's often warmer either side.

This crap they're talking about here over the next 4 or 5 days should be illegal.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:44 pm
Hail Satan!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Roll on the 25th...then it’s goodbye February and the rest of January.
You're not helping either
Old Jan 17th 2019, 4:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

April snow is much rarer and easier to deal with. Usually doesn't require a shoveling and it's often warmer either side.

This crap they're talking about here over the next 4 or 5 days should be illegal.
I think the concept of disallowing certain kinds of weather should be explore further.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 5:02 pm
Hail Satan!

I think the concept of disallowing certain kinds of weather should be explore further.
Alas, that opens up the avenue for someone to try and get rid of rain and I like rain too much to give it up. It's my own fault for leaving a temperate climate, I know.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 5:12 pm

Alas, that opens up the avenue for someone to try and get rid of rain and I like rain too much to give it up. It's my own fault for leaving a temperate climate, I know.
True, and we don't get nearly enough rain here as it is. It tends to all come down at once in two or three torrential storms in spring and summer, and then nothing. There's no proper drizzle at all, either.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 5:16 pm
Hail Satan!

True, and we don't get nearly enough rain here as it is. It tends to all come down at once in two or three torrential storms in spring and summer, and then nothing. There's no proper drizzle at all, either.
It is slightly offset by the frequency of thunderstorms, which we just didn't get a lot of at all back in NI, but you are right that the rain is different here. That being said, the snow is the only aspect of the weather that still pisses me off. I've come to terms with the inevitability of the heat in summer and I don't mind the cold too much. I just irrationally hate snow.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 12:34 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Maximum was 40C today, so have been in the air conditioning all day. Have just come outside and am sitting on the patio, rivers of perspiration already. It's 8.30pm and still 31. Take me back to Liverpool.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 3:02 pm

Snow.

Sigh.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 9:22 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Clear bright blue sky, no wind, around 0 C. Nice enough, but chilly even so.

Driving home from shopping this afternoon around 16:30 CET saw the most enormous moon. Was on autoroute, so couldn't just stop to get a photo. Came off autoroute at usual exit, but too many trees to get a photo.

Late edit: We will get snow on Tuesday, but not too much...

Last edited by BuckinghamshireBoy; Jan 19th 2019 at 9:25 pm. Reason: Forecast :)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.