Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lounge
Reload this Page >

2018 WEATHER THREAD

2018 WEATHER THREAD

Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2018 WEATHER THREAD

A bit warmer.

Smells like rain.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:03 pm
Cultural Marxist

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
A bit warmer.

Smells like rain.
Feels like rain as well. Damp, but not entirely unpleasant. Although, it is the annoying kind of fine rain that is not quite strong enough to need to put the wipers on, but still strong enough that you can't not have them on.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:07 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Feels like rain as well. Damp, but not entirely unpleasant. Although, it is the annoying kind of fine rain that is not quite strong enough to need to put the wipers on, but still strong enough that you can't not have them on.
The clouds have come down here in the Loop, so it's a bit like walking around inside one.

Intermittent wipers - one of the best inventions ever.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:15 pm
Cultural Marxist

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

The clouds have come down here in the Loop, so it's a bit like walking around inside one.

Intermittent wipers - one of the best inventions ever.
I was using intermittent, on the lowest setting, and it was still too frequent to the point that it started squeaking, so I just had to flick it on and off manually whenever I felt it was wet enough to warrant it.

Minor pain in the arse, but a pain nonetheless.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:19 pm

I was using intermittent, on the lowest setting, and it was still too frequent to the point that it started squeaking, so I just had to flick it on and off manually whenever I felt it was wet enough to warrant it.

Don't know why, but I feel a Rowan Atkinson sketch coming on.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:21 pm
Cultural Marxist

Don't know why, but I feel a Rowan Atkinson sketch coming on.
All I'd need is a cup of tea and some Pages from Ceefax while I wait for it to start and that'd be pretty cosy late-80s right there.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 11:46 am

When I went to bed it was raining, and when I came out to walk to the train there was this coat of some sort of slippery white stuff everywhere.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 3:04 pm
CHextricating...

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Today here we are blessed with the Pest from the West.

Big wind, torrential rain, which is not that unusual, but backed with violent thunderstorms which is very strange for daylight hours and the time of year.

Old Apr 5th 2018, 5:52 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

After being nice for a yew days, it's dropped into the mid 30's again, till the weekend possibly.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 6:35 pm
Cultural Marxist

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
After being nice for a yew days, it's dropped into the mid 30's again, till the weekend possibly.
You may be getting the leading edge of whatever cold front just hit us last week, and if so we apologize

They're talking about more snow tonight, and possibly yet more on Sunday. I'm not so worried because it's supposed to be 55 by the middle of next week, but still.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 7:04 pm

You may be getting the leading edge of whatever cold front just hit us last week, and if so we apologize

They're talking about more snow tonight, and possibly yet more on Sunday. I'm not so worried because it's supposed to be 55 by the middle of next week, but still.
No! Just no!

Snow is right out.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 7:28 pm
Cultural Marxist

No! Just no!

Snow is right out.
That's just what I heard this morning. Seems a little warm right now for snow but I don't know.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 10:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty perfect for the Comm Games - 24 degrees, 60% humidity. Autumn is fab.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 11:38 am

Milder. No snow.

I'll take what I can get.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 1:06 pm
Cultural Marxist

Milder. No snow.

I'll take what I can get.
Hang on until next Wednesday, it'll be back in the 50s then apparently.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service