British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/)
-   -   2017 Weather Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/lounge-7/2017-weather-thread-889426/)

lizzyq Jan 1st 2017 5:01 am

2017 Weather Thread
 
39°F and rainy here in central Pennsylvania.

BEVS Jan 1st 2017 5:21 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
80+ F here at 6.30pm .

Very scorchio given the sun here is merciless and burn time is in seconds.

No air con so all fans going but MrBEVs had a good idea.

Indian takeaway for tea and he has chosen an indian hot curry. :eek:

Stinkypup Jan 1st 2017 5:45 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
Very fine powder snow falling gently -4c , nice roaring wood fire and fillet steak and chips. Heaven. Enjoy your curry BEVS!

Jsmth321 Jan 1st 2017 6:53 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
Light snow, starting to stop now, less then 5cm. 1C currently.

Tomorrow high of -1C and mix sun/clouds, then rest of week mostly around 0C with sun.

Technically not 2017 here yet though, 67 mins to go.

Dorothy Jan 1st 2017 7:37 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
Sunny and 32.7 C here.

SultanOfSwing Jan 1st 2017 8:02 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
It's supposed to be 40F again in the next couple of days. Above freezing in January with no snow? That'll do nicely, thank you very much.

Beaverstate Jan 1st 2017 8:22 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12140071)
It's supposed to be 40F again in the next couple of days. Above freezing in January with no snow? That'll do nicely, thank you very much.

Extended forecast not so temperate. We on the mild coast not expecting to see 40 till next week.

Vitalstatistix Jan 1st 2017 11:17 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
23°C today. Had a paddle in the sea and drank champers on the deck (dick):thumbup:

Bob Jan 1st 2017 11:27 pm

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
Surprisingly mild and not nearly as shit as the forecast.

Also, not nearly as much snow or freezing rain over the last couple of days.

Dorothy Jan 2nd 2017 8:58 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 12140071)
It's supposed to be 40F again in the next couple of days. Above freezing in January with no snow? That'll do nicely, thank you very much.


Originally Posted by Beaverstate (Post 12140078)
Extended forecast not so temperate. We on the mild coast not expecting to see 40 till next week.

40F is nothing! It's going to be 40C tomorrow here. :thumbdown:

Beaverstate Jan 2nd 2017 9:01 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12140669)
40F is nothing! It's going to be 40C tomorrow here. :thumbdown:

Call in sick, put on sunscreen and head to the beach, all week if necessary.

Dorothy Jan 2nd 2017 9:12 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 

Originally Posted by Beaverstate (Post 12140672)
Call in sick, put on sunscreen and head to the beach, all week if necessary.

I'd love to, but I've just had 11 days off. It's ok, the forecast for Wednesday is only 39. I've turned off the heater for the spa so have been using that as a pool.

As an aside, our local beach is only about 3 minutes drive away. The problem is that it's not really a swimming beach but more just good for walking. The best beach to swim is about 15 minutes north. It's got a great lagoon that's really nice and calm. (I am not a good swimmer, so the ocean makes me uncomfortable)

Beaverstate Jan 2nd 2017 9:20 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 12140683)
I'd love to, but I've just had 11 days off. It's ok, the forecast for Wednesday is only 39. I've turned off the heater for the spa so have been using that as a pool.

As an aside, our local beach is only about 3 minutes drive away. The problem is that it's not really a swimming beach but more just good for walking. The best beach to swim is about 15 minutes north. It's got a great lagoon that's really nice and calm. (I am not a good swimmer, so the ocean makes me uncomfortable)

Well salt water is more bouyant, add water wings if needed.:lol:

Jsmth321 Jan 3rd 2017 12:23 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
-2C at the moment. A bit windy. -7 with wind chill.


Tomorrow:

Sunny. Wind northeast 40 to 60 km/h. High minus 4. Wind chill minus 20.

Night Clear. Wind northeast 40 to 60 km/h. Low minus 8. Wind chill minus 19

Dorothy Jan 3rd 2017 1:02 am

Re: 2017 Weather Thread
 
32c at 9:00 am. Let's hope everyone remembers the deodorant today. Otherwise it's gunna be a long ride home on the train.


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:46 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.