World Cup

Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
aye, but you don't have history on your side either...I can see why you'd be bitter...how many world cup qualifications/wins?

oh dear.
You're making the wrong comparison, Bob. Everyone knows Scotland is a shite football team and whenever they've qualified for a major finals nobody, least of all the Jocks, expects them to do anything or than piss it up.

England should be compared with the likes of Brazil, Germany and Argentina, whom the gobshites in the London media and the FA believe they are every bit as good as, then look for a scapegoat when the team bottles it in the quarters.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:58 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67 View Post
You're making the wrong comparison, Bob. Everyone knows Scotland is a shite football team and whenever they've qualified for a major finals nobody, least of all the Jocks, expects them to do anything or than piss it up.

England should be compared with the likes of Brazil, Germany and Argentina, whom the gobshites in the London media and the FA believe they are every bit as good as, then look for a scapegoat when the team bottles it in the quarters.
There was Archie Gemmills' goal
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
There was Archie Gemmills' goal
Ahhh 1978!

Who could forget that campaign? Archie's goal was the only bright spot in an otherwise shithouse comedy. I remember very well my old man laughing his arse off when Scotland were beaten by Peru and only managed a draw with Iran after Iran scored an own goal.

Disgraceful.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:20 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67 View Post
Ahhh 1978!

Who could forget that campaign? Archie's goal was the only bright spot in an otherwise shithouse comedy. I remember very well my old man laughing his arse off when Scotland were beaten by Peru and only managed a draw with Iran after Iran scored an own goal.

Disgraceful.
Ah, but what a Peru side it was...who can forget the...err....the mighty Percy Rojas (thanks Wikipedia) who led the line / marshalled the midfield / controlled the defence / shone in goal * on their way to a win over the unlucky Scots?

* delete as appropriate