World Cup

Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:09 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
so it's your birthday we've got to blame huh?
I didn't say we always lost on my birthday lol
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, as I recall, the last time the U.S. and England met at the World Cup...The U.S. won. Of course, that was before most of you were born. Can history repeat? I say yes.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:09 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Hmm, as I recall, the last time the U.S. and England met at the World Cup...The U.S. won. Of course, that was before most of you were born. Can history repeat? I say yes.
I believe that was the year they left out the late great Sir Stanley Mathews, we deserved to lose for that.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Potty-mouthed cheating ******.... Should ban him for life.

Good to see we forgive and forget, hey?

And I know that calling him both potty-mouth and a ****** is hypocritical, but he is a ******.
No he's not. One of the most gifted footballers this world has ever seen and with your small minded narrow Anglophobic views, you can't see past one small misdemeanour.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:41 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67 View Post
No he's not. One of the most gifted footballers this world has ever seen and with your small minded narrow Anglophobic views, you can't see past one small misdemeanour.
He and the country he played for are a bunch of cheats and should be banned forever from the world cup. Who knows even the jocks might qualify
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:21 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

One of the most gifted footballers this world has ever seen and with your small minded narrow Anglophobic views, you can't see past one small misdemeanour.
One of the most gifted footballers, - totally agree, but one small misdemeanour absoloutely not - the Hand of God incident, two drugs bans, involvement in on pitch and off pitch violence and links to organised crime in Naples just show he was a great footballer, but a vile individual.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:26 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamlt1972 View Post
One of the most gifted footballers, - totally agree, but one small misdemeanour absoloutely not - the Hand of God incident, two drugs bans, involvement in on pitch and off pitch violence and links to organised crime in Naples just show he was a great footballer, but a vile individual.
Hand of god incident is the only one which bothers you, (placed 1st in order of importance) but he had single handedly destroyed England and you should honour the man as a footballer. Absolute class. Diego, we need more like you.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:15 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you've got no stars to look upon for yourself...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Well if you've got no stars to look upon for yourself...
You'll be telling me you've got plenty???? UUUUMMMM Rooney, eeemm nope. thats it. Waiting on the naming of half of the English team to be world class which will prove my point.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:47 am
Northern Monkey

adamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to alladamlt1972 is a name known to all

Hand of god incident is the only one which bothers you, (placed 1st in order of importance) but he had single handedly destroyed England and you should honour the man as a footballer. Absolute class. Diego, we need more like you.
Well the Hand of God is by far his most famous "misdemeanour" coming as it did in a World Cup 1/4 final, and involved him actually punching the ball into the net, and refusing to confirm it afterwards. The occasion, and impact made it a far worse act that Henry's little basketball move last month. The fact that when TV stations here covered the French goal they still referred to the Hand of God as the most blatant piece of cheating in sporting history shows its not just an English thing.

Personally I would put his second drugs ban as an as bad an act of cheating; taking perfomance enhancing drugs to ensure he could make the World Cup squad, robbing one of his fellow countryman of a place in the team, and once his drug result had been announced, tearing the heart out of what until then had been a team that looked in with a shot of winning the trophy. Even then he didnt have the decency to admit what he'd done, instead coming up with some ridiculous paranoid claim about some global conspiracy to stop him and Argentina winning the World Cup.

I'll say it again, great player, vile individual, give me Pele or Cruyff anyday
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:58 am
Northern Monkey

You'll be telling me you've got plenty???? UUUUMMMM Rooney, eeemm nope. thats it. Waiting on the naming of half of the English team to be world class which will prove my point.
Well if you define "World Class" as being a player who is in the top half dozen players in their position in the world, or able to influence a team on the world stage I'd say Cole (odious little prick, but name me a better left back at the moment), Ferdinand (if fully fit), Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney are world class.
With the exception of goalkeeper England's problem isn't the first XI, but the dross behind that. Spain and Brazil have far better squads and that will tell next year.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:12 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

aye, but you don't have history on your side either...I can see why you'd be bitter...how many world cup qualifications/wins?

oh dear.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 6:53 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

He's no Steve Staunton, I'll give you that.....
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

aye, but you don't have history on your side either...I can see why you'd be bitter...how many world cup qualifications/wins?

oh dear.
Not bitter. Just can't understand why the press bum up the team to levels beyond their capabilities then blame the manager when it all goes tits up. You mark my words Bob. He will get it in the neck especially since he aint English but then apart from Arry, you haven't got a decent manager and have to rely on paying over the odds for NON-ENGLISH managers. 66 was a long time ago and its about to be even longer.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.