Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

World Cup 2014

World Cup 2014

Old Jun 12th 2014, 7:29 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup 2014

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
3-1 to Brazil.
OK, I lacked the context of 'after the game has started' and 'pertaining to that actual game' in that theoretical title.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Brazil just dodged a major bullet there! A daft penalty decision and 2 ridiculously soft goals. Unfair to Judge a team on their opening performance, but they definetly need to improve!!!!
Old Jun 12th 2014, 10:08 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

3-1 to Brazil.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 12:55 am
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, how'd you manage that, then?

It wasn't a deserved 3-1 though, IMO.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 4:47 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Good God, this opening ceremony is piss poor.....hope the ensuing football proves to be more entertaining!
Opening ceremonies are the biggest waste of money. South Africa and Brazil have massive social poverty, and the cash that's wanked up the wall on these could be far better spent feeding and housing the homeless. Just get on with the ****ing football. Or get Shakira and J-lo to spend the time French kissing. I'd pay to watch that.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Opening ceremonies are always shit. It's a rule. Remember in 1994 when Diana Ross missed the penalty but the goal bust apart anyway? Shite.

I can only hope those who are watching it live, though, spare a thought for those of us who are recording the match to watch after work and keep quiet about the bloody scores ...
Exactly. The Diana Ross thing was piss funny though.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Is ededededededededededed still a mod in here? Perhaps he can get off his arse and create a new thread called 'Inconsiderate Bastards Who Post Football Scores Without Spoiler Tags'
He is, but he's off to Montego Bay tonight and will be flying back from there when the England game is on. Spoil away. I may be waiting for England, but I'm just not in the World Cup mood yet. The game will be on at daft times - which makes me think that the 90% of fans are gonna be massively inconvenienced when watching it. The earlier comments about venues is spot on. It should be largely allocated where the time zones coincide with the majority of the viewing public, which is Europe. But with Herr Blatter being a weapons grade helmet, that's not going to happen.

Did I mention I'm off to Montego Bay today? Oh, and I'm not paying for it either.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 6:31 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Did I mention I'm off to Montego Bay today? Oh, and I'm not paying for it either.
Ooh a real busman's holiday for you, try not to get mugged, shot or stabbed, darling.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:25 pm
Brexicide Now

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
He is, but he's off to Montego Bay tonight and will be flying back from there when the England game is on. Spoil away. I may be waiting for England, but I'm just not in the World Cup mood yet. The game will be on at daft times - which makes me think that the 90% of fans are gonna be massively inconvenienced when watching it. The earlier comments about venues is spot on. It should be largely allocated where the time zones coincide with the majority of the viewing public, which is Europe. But with Herr Blatter being a weapons grade helmet, that's not going to happen.

It was mostly meant in jest. If there's a match on that I really give a shit about but I will be recording, then I'll stay away from any place where I might see the score until I watch it.

You might have mentioned Montego Bay once or twice, hard to be 100% sure though ...
Old Jun 13th 2014, 2:48 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it beautiful, the home team wins while the people outside the stadium are getting brutalized for protesting their country's poverty.

Maybe we should give China the next Cup.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 2:48 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

That will be me, in the afternoon and tomorrow evening...but watching the beebs match of the day replay...hopefully.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 3:01 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer View Post
Isn't it beautiful, the home team wins while the people outside the stadium are getting brutalized for protesting their country's poverty.

Maybe we should give China the next Cup.
It's OK the next World Cup is in Russia and ... oh... but then after that it's Qatar so ... ahh...

Also

Mexico 3 Cameroon 2
Spain 2 Netherlands 1
Chile 3 Dingos 0
Old Jun 13th 2014, 3:14 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't matter if I record Italy vs England or not coz the Italians will let me know if they win. They drive around blowing their car horns all over the place. That'll be nice at 1.30am. Hope they lose.

Bet if I went out blowing my horn, I'd soon be stopped by the Carabinieri.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 3:18 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza View Post
It doesn't matter if I record Italy vs England or not coz the Italians will let me know if they win. They drive around blowing their car horns all over the place. That'll be nice at 1.30am. Hope they lose.

Bet if I went out blowing my horn, I'd soon be stopped by the Carabinieri.
I regret to say it will be close to 0200 Lorna, however, at least this time
Spoiler:
I will be trying to sleep as England are complete horse's do da at the moment and I am not staying up for that
I will not be the only English person in a house full of Italians like 2 years ago when they knocked us out.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 3:34 pm
Brexicide Now

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza View Post
Hope they lose.
Me too
Old Jun 13th 2014, 4:10 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So who's for Cameroon?
Old Jun 13th 2014, 4:12 pm
Brexicide Now

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
So who's for Cameroon?
Nah. The days of Omam-Biyick and Milla are long gone, Nigeria and Ghana are the African teams to watch, Cameroon aren't what they were.

Plus my son is half Mexican so I have a bit of affinity for them. It's just a shame Jorge Campos and his dayglo-pink shirts aren't on the field anymore

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.