Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

World Cup 2014

World Cup 2014

Old May 24th 2014, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup 2014

I watched 'Mike Bassett - England Manager' last night as part of my WC preparations.

I'm picking Argentina to win. I think the Krauts will score a lot of goals but their defence is a bit iffy. Colombia are my dark horses and looking forward to the Dutch imploding and fighting amongst themselves.
Old May 26th 2014, 11:04 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm never wrong....so:

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
1. Who will win it? Brazil
2. Who do you want to win it, and why? England, but they won't
3. How far will England get?they won't get out the group
4. Who will be the biggest disappointment of the tournament? Messi
5. Which nation will be the dark horse of the tournament? Belgium
6. Which player is most likely to end up on the front page of the Sun, in a picture that shows him passed out in a pool of vomit outside a night club, the night before a crucial match?John Terry
Old May 26th 2014, 2:50 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
1. Who will win it? Spain
2. Who do you want to win it, and why? England, but then I want Everton to win the league, so I'm prepared for the result.
3. How far will England get? Scrape their way out of group, then lose in the next round after Gerrard gets sent off and 10 men bravely hang on for penalties and you know the rest.
4. Who will be the biggest disappointment of the tournament? Brazil
5. Which nation will be the dark horse of the tournament? Belgium
6. Which player is most likely to end up on the front page of the Sun, in a picture that shows him passed out in a pool of vomit outside a night club, the night before a crucial match? Ronaldo, and it will be Rooney's vomit.
Are we going to set up a fantasy league for this?
Old May 26th 2014, 3:14 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Are we going to set up a fantasy league for this?
Good Plan - like your thinking.

OK how about this for the scoring system

Q1 - 10 pts for correctly predicting the winner, 8 points for beaten finalist, 5 points for beaten semifinalist, 3 points for beaten last 8 and 1 point for getting out of the group.

Q2 - 10 points for saying England, 0 points for not nominating England.

Q3 - 5 points for being right, no points for being wrong.

Q4 - 5 points for being right.

Q5 - 5 points for being right.

Q6 - 2 points if your answer mentions Rooknee, and 2 bonus points for the Terry joke.
Old May 26th 2014, 4:06 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Good Plan - like your thinking.

OK how about this for the scoring system

Q1 - 10 pts for correctly predicting the winner, 8 points for beaten finalist, 5 points for beaten semifinalist, 3 points for beaten last 8 and 1 point for getting out of the group.

Q2 - 10 points for saying England, 0 points for not nominating England.

Q3 - 5 points for being right, no points for being wrong.

Q4 - 5 points for being right.

Q5 - 5 points for being right.

Q6 - 2 points if your answer mentions Rooknee, and 2 bonus points for the Terry joke.
I'm in...!
Old May 26th 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Who will win it? Argentina
2. Who do you want to win it, and why? England for obvious reasons
3. How far will England get? Quarter finals
4. Who will be the biggest disappointment of the tournament? Brazil of course
5. Which nation will be the dark horse of the tournament? Uruguay
6. Which player is most likely to end up on the front page of the Sun, in a picture that shows him passed out in a pool of vomit outside a night club, the night before a crucial match? Lionel Messi will end up messy
Old May 29th 2014, 4:19 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

1. Who will win it? Germany
2. Who do you want to win it, and why? England, for obvious reasons
3. How far will England get? Quarter finals, knocked out on penalties
4. Who will be the biggest disappointment of the tournament? Italy, hopefully
5. Which nation will be the dark horse of the tournament? Japan. Possibly England, since they seem to have been written off earlier than usual this year
6. Which player is most likely to end up on the front page of the Sun, in a picture that shows him passed out in a pool of vomit outside a night club, the night before a crucial match? Rooney. Then he'll miss the deciding penalty in said crucial match. The arsehole
Old Jun 1st 2014, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Highlight of the Peru game LOL

http://youtu.be/ZdaO6t7utwo
Old Jun 1st 2014, 8:55 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
Highlight of the Peru game LOL

http://youtu.be/ZdaO6t7utwo
England were predictably mediocre but at least we won. I just hope the match proved that Sterling should start over Welbeck, against Italy.

Anyway World Cup fever has officially kicked off chez Pommybird. The Sun world Cup wall chart has been stuck to the kitchen wall and we are all very excited. Most of the games seem to be on at a decent time for UK viewing although England's first game against Italy doesn't kick off till 11pm, and yet the 2 South American teams in the group are playing at 8pm, bloody Brazilians and their stupid scheduling
Old Jun 1st 2014, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

How can England fail to win it when they have songs like this stirring them on.
Come on I dare you click the link and listen to it and tell me you are not proud to be supporting England and wanting to dance to it.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...185307356.html

Not responsible if you turn to drinking or slitting your wrists
Old Jun 1st 2014, 5:58 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
How can England fail to win it when they have songs like this stirring them on.
Come on I dare you click the link and listen to it and tell me you are not proud to be supporting England and wanting to dance to it.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...185307356.html

Not responsible if you turn to drinking or slitting your wrists
If it's not World In Motion from the 1990 world cup, I'm not interested
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
If it's not World In Motion from the 1990 world cup, I'm not interested
Vindaloo is the best England song.By a country mile!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 5:11 am

England's Irie, by Black Grape.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Those of you on twitter, check out @usasoccerguy. Hilarious!!!!
Old Jun 4th 2014, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

"Can I introduce you please to a lump of cheddar cheese." Classic line.

One of my favourites too.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.