Woodgate

Old Aug 20th 2004, 12:39 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Woodgate

Weird. Never thought Real Madrid would buy someone like Woodgate. Top player but not the kind Real normally buy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ed/3578830.stm

Think he'll do well? And what about Real's English spine of Woodgate, Beckham, and Owen?
Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:02 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woodgate

He's a great defender one of the best in the world in my opinion but Real are welcome to him because of this:

Season 2002 - 2003 played 10 games, granted we got him halfway thru season

Season 2003- 2004 18 league game 2 FA Cup, 7 European games

Out of a total of 75 games over the 2 seasons he's played in 37 of them less than 50%

When at Leeds he could have been involved in 240 games and he played 150

I don't think he's played 12 consecutive games in his career, well certainly not for us anyway

We can buy 2 quality defenders with the cash, because god knows we need them, and hopefully we'll get our monies worth. We've made £6 mill out of him.

Walla
Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:22 pm
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by walla1
He's a great defender one of the best in the world in my opinion but Real are welcome to him because of this:

Out of a total of 75 games over the 2 seasons he's played in 37 of them less than 50%

I don't think he's played 12 consecutive games in his career, well certainly not for us anyway

We can buy 2 quality defenders with the cash, because god knows we need them, and hopefully we'll get our monies worth. We've made £6 mill out of him.

Walla
Could not agree more walla, your problem is now finding two quality defenders with the transfer window slamming shut in a fortnight.

Mr Madsad
Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:50 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

And the funniest thing is Leeds make nothing as there was no sell on clause in their transfer, just shows what business savvy they had in place
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:03 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

Problem is that Bobby Robosn is more likely to buy 2 naff South American strikers with the money. Maybe he'll make some money off chucking Kieron Dyer - overrated buy of that year - and will buy a great player. There are a whole pile of tasty defenders out there right now who want to play in the EPL - Mexes, Trabelsi, Ayala, are three I can think of. Thats what Necastle need - they have a few good strikers and a great one, and a good anchor man in Butt. But crap defence.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:44 pm
mick n cheryl

Walla
Woodgates problem is. and has always has been, beer and mates! Take him away from Boro (I know he plays for the toon but he still lives and loves boro) and lets see what he becomes. Lets hope it matures him and he reaches his potential, and helps sort out the England defence!!!!!!!!.
I am a mad sad Leeds fan and in all honesty Woody was the best defender we have had for years including Ferdinand (no sour grapes we got good money for him even if it was just to pay interest).
Good luck to Woody and come on England

Mick

Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:29 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TOADFISH
Could not agree more walla, your problem is now finding two quality defenders with the transfer window slamming shut in a fortnight.

Mr Madsad
Hi Mal

I agree about the window shutting. Bobby will have to get his skates on sharpish

Walla
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
Weird. Never thought Real Madrid would buy someone like Woodgate. Top player but not the kind Real normally buy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ed/3578830.stm

Think he'll do well? And what about Real's English spine of Woodgate, Beckham, and Owen?
Good bit of business on Newcastle's side I would say. There's no doubt he's a very good player but he can't stay fit. It seems like his trouble days are behind him (maybe). I think that if he can get and stay fit and manage to play 30 or so games this season he'll be pushing for an England shirt.
Having said all that, it was still a big surprise to hear this on the radio this morning! Real Madrid are going for English steel obviously
Old Aug 21st 2004, 12:36 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't really agree with the aforesaid.

Woodgate has never really done anything good and I'd be surprised if he started now. He has psychological problems to iron out and he's not exactly young.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 7:32 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by The Don
Don't really agree with the aforesaid.

Woodgate has never really done anything good and I'd be surprised if he started now. He has psychological problems to iron out and he's not exactly young.

Don

He's only 23 or 24 I'd say that's young. I think his problems are more physical than psychological. The reason he aint done much is because of the injuries.

Ask any Leeds fan and the majority will tell you they rate Woody better than Ferdinand and they got 30 mill for him off Man U (mugs), that I would say was the only good business savvy the Leeds directors showed through that time period.

Walla
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:19 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Woodgate

Don

He's only 23 or 24 I'd say that's young. I think his problems are more physical than psychological. The reason he aint done much is because of the injuries.

Ask any Leeds fan and the majority will tell you they rate Woody better than Ferdinand and they got 30 mill for him off Man U (mugs), that I would say was the only good business savvy the Leeds directors showed through that time period.

Walla
Selling him was a canny move which I can but applaud.