Wimbledon

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all
Default Wimbledon

Are there any tennis fans out there? Wimbledon has just started although it is raining at the moment!! Any predictions on who will win? I am going for Roddick or Federer but I hope Roddick.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:32 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

I see our public school hero managed to beat a Latino bloke who hosts one of those (many) "pre-judge/judge the chavscum" programmes like Jerry Springer.

Or was that Geraldo.....same thing innit. Then again I think that Sally Jesse Raphael was a famous painter.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

Are you talking about Henman? lol
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:55 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

That'll be our Tiger alright
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Oh yes, the tiger himself! lol The nick name does not suit the player somehow !!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 6:29 pm
Blindside Fumbler

The sight of him punching thin air puts the fear of God into me, must be terrible for the opponent
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

LOL yes, very scary indeed
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Rain rain rain! I HATE RAIN!!! Britain = Rain!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

LadyTyger will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Boulder
Rain rain rain! I HATE RAIN!!! Britain = Rain!
I take it not much tennis today?

How is Henman doing?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

He won his first round match but looked awful and for first set and a half, was losing. The other guy lost his nerve.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

LadyTyger will become famous soon enough

Oh goody!

Hm I know what you mean about Henny!

He used to get me all annoyed watching him serve so many double-faults in the past but hey maybe soonish he will lift up that trophy

Great thought but who knows?
Old Jun 25th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

I don't actually like him or want him to win lol Sorry! I am a Roddick fan! Agassi too but he is injured
Old Jun 29th 2004, 11:39 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not a big fan of Tim Henman. I dunno why us Brits always seem to champion the same type of person - the Henman/Damon Hill type guy - who seem very bland and usual. Something about the very protestant way of punching the air that pits me off I guess. But hey, he's a world tennis pro and I'm not.

I hope Roddick wins, I like his style. Been a long time Agassi fan so it's a shame he couldn't make it.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:54 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

no offense to his fans, but Henman does suck! he will probably get to the semi's after a five setter today, but then get ripped apart by Roddick... which is good 'cos a Roddick - Federer final makes for fascinating tennis
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:52 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

I too think Henman is more than a bit boring - both to watch & in his character.

I find it almost obscene to see and hear the Henman fanatics becoming hysterical when he wins a point by an opponents unforced error and then gently clap superb play by that opponent.

In the last game against Phillipousis (spelling?) even the judge got two obvious decisions wrong - in Henman's favour.

Perhaps it's just my dislike of mass hysteria and fanatics or a desire for fair play that makes me angry with it.

Womens tennis - what's that about? All that non-sexual grunting!!!!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.