Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Virgin F1 !

Virgin F1 !

Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:12 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Virgin F1 !

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy View Post
No North America!
Apparently Bernie Ecclestone wanted much more cash than Montreal wanted to pay. Rumour up here had it that Bernie was deliberately trying to force Montreal off the schedule to accommodate another location who were offering what he wanted Montreal to beat.

Gee, I wonder where that could be, lol
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Why do they put the Valencia date at the hottest time of the year? Makes it nigh on unbearable to contemplate going (we've got a 7 year old who loved Silverstone, and OH retreats to the UK in August)..... do the schedulers say what time of day the races are? They might at least have made it a night race like Singapore??
Old Mar 8th 2009, 6:38 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw View Post
Why do they put the Valencia date at the hottest time of the year? Makes it nigh on unbearable to contemplate going (we've got a 7 year old who loved Silverstone, and OH retreats to the UK in August)..... do the schedulers say what time of day the races are? They might at least have made it a night race like Singapore??
Singapore's a night race so that it's on at a time in the UK when they can get the most TV viewers, therefore they can maximise advertising revenue. It's all about the money.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Singapore's a night race so that it's on at a time in the UK when they can get the most TV viewers, therefore they can maximise advertising revenue. It's all about the money.
Singapore was a great race last season

I am informed that the track has been changed for the second attemt to make passing easier and more exciting,
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:07 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

A night race?

Is that even a good idea?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:08 pm
So long...

A night race?

Is that even a good idea?
I don't remember seeing headlights on the cars
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:12 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I was gonna say as much but if they all had the same lights on it would be fair I guess.

F**K TV ratings, I used to get up at any time of night to watch it with mi dad. He'd sleep on the coach so he didnt wake mum up.

Other wise we'd spend all day trying to avoid the news.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Other wise we'd spend all day trying to avoid the news.
LOL... been there, done that. The good news is that in the US, on the chance that you have to tape a race to watch later, you'll find it easy to avoid news coverage of F1 results.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:50 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler View Post
I have just read that Jenson (God Bless him) has agree'd to take a pay cut
He will only earn 7.5 million quid this comming season

How will he get by ? ... poor man
Bless him, how's he going to cope
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000 View Post
Bless him, how's he going to cope
He'll get by and it won't last long the way the new team 'Braun F1' is going
According to both Ferrari and McClaren the new Honda's are uncatchable, niether the reds or the silvers can keep up with them in testing.

Maybe Jensen will be the world champ next year

As for the night race.............. last years was awesome ! the whole track was floodlit.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:54 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Ah ok, as long as it looks pretty much like day light then I'm sure they can get around the differing tempratures, makes for a better race I imagine.

My old mans still got loads of old VHS tapes of F1, when it was, not so safe. I think he still has the Senna tape as well.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler View Post
According to both Ferrari and McClaren the new Honda's are uncatchable, niether the reds or the silvers can keep up with them in testing.
Blimey... Ferrari and McLaren must be right pissed that Brawn's figured out how to cheat already!
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bill_S View Post
Blimey... Ferrari and McLaren must be right pissed that Brawn's figured out how to cheat already!
No ! ............. I actually think he's doing it right this time
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:08 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S View Post

Well he learn't from the best........ probably
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Haldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to allHaldaman is a name known to all

Yes there he was and there was his logo on Jenson's car!

Wow what a comeback, the Brawns wiped the floor with the rest in practice and qualifying, now I can't wait for 2am tonight! Didn't our Somerset lad do well!

Only trouble as usual was the pathetic commentaries from ancient Hobbsie and the others, after Brundle anything else is crap, especially Windsor's crummy grid walkabouts which make me cringe. And now - you lucky BBC viewers have The Chain again to start your adrenaline flowing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.