Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Triesman, does he have hard evidence or he's just nuts?

Triesman, does he have hard evidence or he's just nuts?

Old May 11th 2011, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all
Default Triesman, does he have hard evidence or he's just nuts?

Triesman's claims are pretty shocking:

- Fifa vice-president Warner asked for around £2.5m to build an education centre in Trinidad, with the cash to be channelled through him, and later wanted £500,000 to buy Haiti's World Cup TV rights for the earthquake-hit nation, again to be channelled through him

- Paraguay's Fifa member Leoz asked for a knighthood!

- Brazil's Fifa member Teixeira asked him to "come and tell me what you have got for me", with the implication being that he wanted something in return for his vote

- Thailand's Fifa member Makudi wanted to be given the TV rights to a friendly between England and the Thai national team

Not to mention the Spanish doping circus... He said he didn't say anything at the time because "we would have burned off our chances". I really hope he has hard evidence to give FIFA, that's the only way to see developments.
Old May 12th 2011, 9:02 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Triesman, does he have hard evidence or he's just nuts?

FIFA do appear to be a crooked, miserable bunch. The fish rots from the head too, Blatter does seem to be up to his neck in corruption.

The FA now sound like they are bleating about not getting the bid - sour grapes maybe, but I must say that if it took corruption, bribery and knighthoods to secure the world cup, they can keep the bloody thing. The fact that Qatar was chosen tells you all you need to know.

I say we form our own governing body along with Lapland, the Faroe Islands, the Falklands, Scotland and Zanzibar. Then we might win the trophy.

Obviously Scotland would need to qualify first.
Old May 12th 2011, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

I agree Blatter is up to his neck, but claiming something and having proof are two very different things, Triesman is not newsofthheworld but once he was asked for a bribe by the 1st member he should've done something, recordings and so on, it would've made a world of difference as the allegations are really shocking. And to think it just happened to cricket a while ago. It gets me angry to see these things go unpunished, they just sit at a desk and get millions, b******s.
Old May 12th 2011, 12:25 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, you're right but he is about 300 years old and wouldn't know how to work a recorder!

Look at the African legacy left behind by FIFA (or lack of). Loads of expensive, empty stadiums - still to be paid for. They have gone into the sunset with a billion dollars - so much for the African cup for the African people.

That money could have built homes, infrastructure and a health service. And lets be honest, England could have been shit in any country!
Old May 12th 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
That money could have built homes, infrastructure and a health service. And lets be honest, England could have been shit in any country!
Very well put, both comments!
Old May 12th 2011, 4:24 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

England could have been shit in any country!
Which they have proved - and will again - with monotonous consistency.
Old May 12th 2011, 4:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
Triesman's claims are pretty shocking:
Sadly it doesnt come as a shock any more. I hope he has evidence, but his best bet is to give it to the press as no one at the top of FIFA has any interest in really cleaning things up I suspect, least of all Blatter.
Old May 12th 2011, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
Sadly it doesnt come as a shock any more. I hope he has evidence, but his best bet is to give it to the press as no one at the top of FIFA has any interest in really cleaning things up I suspect, least of all Blatter.
All too true.

Think there is any legs in the veiled threat by the FA to walk away from FIFA if they don't sort it out? I really hope so. The FA wouldn't need to take many other leagues with them before FIFA imploded. Get Spain, Italy and Germany to join the party and FIFA would be a dead duck.
Old May 12th 2011, 10:23 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
All too true.

Think there is any legs in the veiled threat by the FA to walk away from FIFA if they don't sort it out? I really hope so. The FA wouldn't need to take many other leagues with them before FIFA imploded. Get Spain, Italy and Germany to join the party and FIFA would be a dead duck.
Realistically, why do we need them anyway?
Old May 12th 2011, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Realistically, why do we need them anyway?
because if England 'walk alone' then they will be excluded from any FIFA authorized competetion and probably any UEFA ones as well. So no World Cup or Champions League. Get three or four of the other 'big leagues' onside and then FIFA are screwed. Despite it being the 'World Game' most of the financial muscle is still in Europe.
Old May 12th 2011, 10:40 pm
Life goes on.

because if England 'walk alone' then they will be excluded from any FIFA authorized competetion and probably any UEFA ones as well. So no World Cup or Champions League. Get three or four of the other 'big leagues' onside and then FIFA are screwed. Despite it being the 'World Game' most of the financial muscle is still in Europe.
I was a little vague there - I meant why does world football need FIFA? The regional/national football associations should be able to co-operate with one another enough to run the existing competitions.
Old May 12th 2011, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

I was a little vague there - I meant why does world football need FIFA? The regional/national football associations should be able to co-operate with one another enough to run the existing competitions.
Ahhh, gotcha. You're right, but I guess the World Cup does need some sort of organising committee. If it needs something on the scale of FIFA is debatable.
Old May 12th 2011, 10:53 pm
Life goes on.

Ahhh, gotcha. You're right, but I guess the World Cup does need some sort of organising committee. If it needs something on the scale of FIFA is debatable.
I would think a committee, with members appointed by each of the world regional FA's.
Old May 13th 2011, 5:54 am

Absolutely right.

I feel unclean now.
Old May 13th 2011, 3:03 pm
Life goes on.

Absolutely right.

I feel unclean now.
That would be the crouching camel avatar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.