Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The transfer thread.

The transfer thread.

Old Jul 18th 2011, 2:21 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The transfer thread.

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Dear oh dear your knowledge of spurs is sadly lacking......did you know for instance that we are about to off load Keane, Hutton and Bentley, snatch Rossi at the last minute from the jaws of Juve, secure Adebayor (yeah I know he's an arse but he's preferable to Pav/Defoe/Crouch), Modders will stay, Sandro will make a miraculous recovery and we will go on to win the Europa League and the premiership title next summer? Glory, glory Tottenham Hotspur....
I thought the Crouching Camel was your golden boy.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 2:30 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Well, you know how fickle those Spurs fans can be.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 2:56 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Ah well yes I do still have a soft spot for Crouchy, I'll never forget his goal that put us in the CL and out of our 3 so-called strikers he'd still be my first choice, but I'm a realist and a pragmatist and even I have to admit we now need someone more consistent to take us to the next level......
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:02 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post

Of course my knowledge of them is lacking, but it's ok.. I have you to fill me in with the details that I might miss.
Thank goodness for that eh, I dunno what would you do without me??
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:07 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness for that eh, I dunno what would you do without me??
It won't happen, but if it did...
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Dear oh dear your knowledge of spurs is sadly lacking......did you know for instance that we are about to off load Keane, Hutton and Bentley, snatch Rossi at the last minute from the jaws of Juve, secure Adebayor (yeah I know he's an arse but he's preferable to Pav/Defoe/Crouch), Modders will stay, Sandro will make a miraculous recovery and we will go on to win the Europa League and the premiership title next summer? Glory, glory Tottenham Hotspur....
I would keep any of your strikers before even looking at adebuywhore, he has to be one of the laziest players I ever had the misfortune of seeing in an Arsenal shirt, he makes Arshavin look energetic.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:26 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
I would keep any of your strikers before even looking at adebuywhore, he has to be one of the laziest players I ever had the misfortune of seeing in an Arsenal shirt, he makes Arshavin look energetic.
Have you seen Defoe/Pav/Crouch recently, we'll buy any old shit! Ha, yeah Arshavin, everyone thought he'd be the next golden boy of football, what a disappointment he turned out to be....
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:32 pm

Have you seen Defoe/Pav/Crouch recently, we'll buy any old shit! Ha, yeah Arshavin, everyone thought he'd be the next golden boy of football, what a disappointment he turned out to be....
United have bought some disappointments over the years too.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:43 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

He moves pretty fast when he wants to foul somebody.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 12:19 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Aston Villa have completed the signing of Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given from Manchester City.

The 35-year-old has signed a five-year contract at Villa Park after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Seems a long contract for a 35yr old, even if he is a keeper.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Aston Villa have completed the signing of Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Shay Given from Manchester City.

The 35-year-old has signed a five-year contract at Villa Park after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Seems a long contract for a 35yr old, even if he is a keeper.
Doesn't really seem like that bad of a deal to me. Van Der Saar was 40 when he finished playing for United, and Given is a top keeper. I'd be more than happy to have Given as the regular in the United goal, or as a second keeper providing his wages weren't too ridiculous.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:44 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

That, and he is a morally bankrupt ****.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
.. Oh but wait, now he isn't!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14213165.stm
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:33 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Ha! Serves the money grabbing twats right - bummer when you get your bluff called, isn't it?
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:58 pm

Ha! Serves the money grabbing twats right - bummer when you get your bluff called, isn't it?
I know, I can't say I was disappointed to read that!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.