Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The transfer thread.

The transfer thread.

Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:34 am
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The transfer thread.

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Yeah well I'm over him now, I'd rather we sold him overseas and out of the EPL, but if he wants to go and sit on the bench (like Berbatov at your lot) under the Russian oligarch, good luck to him.....
Honestly, I would have been happy if United had never bought Berbatov. His attitude now, is no better than when he was at Spurs.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:02 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

As a United supporter, I'd rather have Sneijder than Nasri ...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...l-Scholes.html

What about this for the gooners? Anyone else think that Fabregas is staying now?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13759774.stm
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:24 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue View Post
Wenger has said none of his stars are going and I guess Nasri falls into that category!
and Clichy didn't!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 4:42 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
He's just in it for the money, greedy git. If he wants to go then they should let him, there'd be no point in keeping him in the reserves just to make a point. Nobody is bigger than the club, I couldn't wait for Ronaldo to be gone from United once he started his nonsense about a transfer.
How do you feel about Rooney's tantrum back in October, and his transfer request? He got a better deal out of it, and Berbatov effectively went from being your first choice striker to 3rd choice behind Rooney and Hernandez. The rumour I heard was that Rooney didn't want to play alongside Berbatov.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:16 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
How do you feel about Rooney's tantrum back in October, and his transfer request? He got a better deal out of it, and Berbatov effectively went from being your first choice striker to 3rd choice behind Rooney and Hernandez. The rumour I heard was that Rooney didn't want to play alongside Berbatov.
Probably jealous of Berbatov's full head of hair.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
How do I feel about it? Good question. Let's get it in perspective a bit, at the time it happened it wasn't about money, it was about a lot of personal problems that the media did nothing to help. If Rooney really wanted to go, Ferguson would look at who was interested and make sure he got the money for him, just like he did with Ronaldo, and similarly, Beckham.
Rooney is in a different class to Berbatov, there's no doubt about that. When Berbatov came to United, he was (and still can be) be a lazy arse that drops his head when the team is a goal down with ten minutes to go. I've seen him strolling about the pitch at Spurs before he came to United and I wasn't impressed then.
Personall I think that Hernandez is going to be a better player than Berbatov, and he'll continue to do well. He works better with Rooney too.
If it's a choice between Rooney vs Berbatov on the field, I'd take Rooney everytime. Even if he's not playing well, you know he still wants to win.

My thoughts are that if a player really wants a transfer, then for the sake of the team, it's usually better to give it to him.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Probably jealous of Berbatov's full head of hair.
Hence the hair transplant.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:34 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Hence the hair transplant.
Turned out nicely, didn't it?

Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Better than expected. I would almost karma you on that one!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

As a United supporter, I'd rather have Sneijder than Nasri ..

What about this for the gooners? Anyone else think that Fabregas is staying now?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13759774.stm
What has that story got to do with Fabregas?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:25 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Some Spurs fans have taken to referring to Modric as 'Modbitch' - not me obviously, I would never stoop to that childish level
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Some Spurs fans have taken to referring to Modric as 'Modbitch' - not me obviously, I would never stoop to that childish level
No of course you wouldn't.. you're referring to him as "Modprick" instead, I assume?
Seen this today? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ka-Modric.html

Last edited by paranoidandroid; Jul 12th 2011 at 1:05 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:40 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

And yet my club - Liverpool - have stooped to the level of courting Stewart Downing as if he was the finest midfielder in the Premier League. A player who for the last 8 years has had a series of clubs telling their fans that he is World Class in spite of every single piece of camera footage detailing how massively overrated he is.

Note that on Talk Sport the number one redeeming quality that the entire afternoon team could come up with for him was that he was predominantly left-footed.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
And yet my club - Liverpool - have stooped to the level of courting Stewart Downing as if he was the finest midfielder in the Premier League. A player who for the last 8 years has had a series of clubs telling their fans that he is World Class in spite of every single piece of camera footage detailing how massively overrated he is.

Note that on Talk Sport the number one redeeming quality that the entire afternoon team could come up with for him was that he was predominantly left-footed.
At least they got £50M for Torres. Seeing they've spent 35M on Carroll, which seems ridiculous, and almost 23M on Suarez... that profit has almost gone.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:03 pm

Tevez rumours, again...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...rinthians.html

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.