Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Transfer news, rumours and gossip for 2013.

Transfer news, rumours and gossip for 2013.

Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:20 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer news, rumours and gossip for 2013.

Originally Posted by Captain Cheesestick View Post
Only his eyes have moved? I would have thought his ears would have arrived there well before anything else did.
Not anymore, he's had them stapled to the side of his head now.

Anyway leaving ugliness aside and back to the thread, personally liking the way the transfer window is shaping up much, more so than this time last year.

"The Beast" has signed and looks like Jovetic too and the pair of them for much less than Cavani cost. City still need to gid rid of some more expensive waste of monety signings like Sinclair, Garcia and Nasri.

Add in Rookneegate (which I am finding hilarious btw) and Nani now wanting to stay at MU (never mind Ed), and Arsenal still not signing anyone I really like the way the window is going.

Only cloud on the horizon appears to be Utd's bids of 60M for Bale and 40M for Fabregas, because if they get both of those 2 everyone else may as well give up (assuming Fabregas is still as good as he was at Arse).
Old Jul 19th 2013, 1:32 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Not anymore, he's had them stapled to the side of his head now.

Anyway leaving ugliness aside and back to the thread, personally liking the way the transfer window is shaping up much, more so than this time last year.

"The Beast" has signed and looks like Jovetic too and the pair of them for much less than Cavani cost. City still need to gid rid of some more expensive waste of monety signings like Sinclair, Garcia and Nasri.

Add in Rookneegate (which I am finding hilarious btw) and Nani now wanting to stay at MU (never mind Ed), and Arsenal still not signing anyone I really like the way the window is going.

Only cloud on the horizon appears to be Utd's bids of 60M for Bale and 40M for Fabregas, because if they get both of those 2 everyone else may as well give up (assuming Fabregas is still as good as he was at Arse).
We've got no chance of getting Fabregas, according to a statement from Barca this morning. As for Bale, I seriously doubt that that. Certainly not for 60 mill when RM would pay 80. Maybe Moyes doesn't hold enough clout to bring players in like Ferguson did, or they're waiting to see if United go tits up now that Ferguson has gone.
We'll likely just end up without a midfielder, or land Fellaini for an outrageous sum.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 2:32 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
We've got no chance of getting Fabregas, according to a statement from Barca this morning. As for Bale, I seriously doubt that that. Certainly not for 60 mill when RM would pay 80. Maybe Moyes doesn't hold enough clout to bring players in like Ferguson did, or they're waiting to see if United go tits up now that Ferguson has gone.
We'll likely just end up without a midfielder, or land Fellaini for an outrageous sum.
I hope you are right, is Rooney off?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 2:42 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are right, is Rooney off?
I hope I'm not right, but it's what I believe at this moment in time.

Moyes said yesterday that the club's position regarding Rooney was unchanged, and that he is remaining a United player. They rejected a 20 mill bid from the rent boys too, so who knows.
With that Portugese scrote over there at stamford bridge trying to manipulate things through the media in his usual fashion, any player that wants to be respected wouldn't sign for them anyway.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 2:44 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

I hope I'm not right, but it's what I believe at this moment in time.

Moyes said yesterday that the club's position regarding Rooney was unchanged, and that he is remaining a United player. They rejected a 20 mill bid from the rent boys too, so who knows.
With that Portugese scrote over there at stamford bridge trying to manipulate things through the media in his usual fashion, any player that wants to be respected wouldn't sign for them anyway.
true so Suarez to join Cole and Terry at Chelsea then
Old Jul 19th 2013, 3:15 pm

true so Suarez to join Cole and Terry at Chelsea then
Based on that criteria, he'd be a perfect fit.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

IJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond repute

We'll likely just end up without a midfielder, or land Fellaini for an outrageous sum
This is what is happening at the moment guaranteed. If Moyes had taken over last season I doubt we would have got Van Persie.

Will be utterly depressed if we get Fellaini after being linked with all these other excellent players.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by IJ157 View Post
This is what is happening at the moment guaranteed. If Moyes had taken over last season I doubt we would have got Van Persie.

Will be utterly depressed if we get Fellaini after being linked with all these other excellent players.
I think Fellaini is a decent player, but I agree with what Zargof said a while ago, he's worth more to Everton than he would be to United. I'd be sorry to see Moyes spend big money on him when there are so many out there that would be worth the cash.

Agree on the comment regarding Van Persie, too.

There's no doubt we need a midfielder now more than ever.

Last edited by paranoidandroid; Jul 19th 2013 at 4:46 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 4:39 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I think Fellaini is a decent player, but I agree with what Zargof said a while ago, he's worth more to Everton than he would be to United. I'd be sorry to see Moyes spend big money on him when there are som many out there that would be worth the cash.

Yup, +1 from me. Carrick and Cleverley are a good pairing - Cleverley will be a great player in a year or two but we've always do well with wingers and Nani, Young and Valencia have not really been good enough. My benchmark is would they get into the Barcelona or Bayern side s(that has to be our yardstick if we are serious about being the best). Thinking about United, there aren't many who would. RVP maybe, Rooney on form probably, Vidic if he wasn't always injured and maybe De Gea if he carries on - but no-one else. And that's why we are still shit in Europe. Because our players aren't good enough.

Would Wellbeck, Anderson, Jones (who I really like) or Nani even be close to Bayern's bench? Of course not.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:01 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Yup, +1 from me. Carrick and Cleverley are a good pairing - Cleverley will be a great player in a year or two but we've always do well with wingers and Nani, Young and Valencia have not really been good enough. My benchmark is would they get into the Barcelona or Bayern side s(that has to be our yardstick if we are serious about being the best). Thinking about United, there aren't many who would. RVP maybe, Rooney on form probably, Vidic if he wasn't always injured and maybe De Gea if he carries on - but no-one else. And that's why we are still shit in Europe. Because our players aren't good enough.

Would Wellbeck, Anderson, Jones (who I really like) or Nani even be close to Bayern's bench? Of course not.
To be fair, I doubt 90% of PL first 11's would get on the Barca or Bayern first team or bench. Bale would, but no-one from Scotland or Northern Ireland either.

Until that changes, no PL team is going to dominate the CL on a regular basis.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

Exactly, and since going to Barca, even Fabregas hasn't made a huge impact.

+1 on the names that would/wouldn't make a Bayern or Barca pick, too. RVP had it easy to look good last year, when you consider what he's actually up against in the premiership, and one would have to think that if he was considered outstanding by the top European clubs, he'd have been there already. Rooney firing on all cylinders and at the top of his game would be a pick, yes to a fit Vidic. Funny how many people (me included) didn't rate DeGea at the start, and now think he might be a top keeper... Yeah, I know you rated him early on. It shows how top rate Ferguson was at spotting something decent, and having the balls to stick with his decision.

If we don't get a decent winger, then we'll have to change our style of play completely, and get players to suit. Cleverley will be fantastic in a season or two, but he's not quite there yet. Buttner, the same, but that doesn't help us now.
The likes of Nani, Anderson, Young and Welbeck would have been cleared out of a Barca or Bayern squad this summer, but it looks like we'll hang onto them and persevere, and just settle for the fact that they can kind of cope at premiership level. That's what gets on my tits.
With a club as big as United, I suppose we all expect more, but surely we need to be competing with the big clubs in the Champions League now to be really credible?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:34 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I think Fellaini is a decent player, but I agree with what Zargof said a while ago, he's worth more to Everton than he would be to United. I'd be sorry to see Moyes spend big money on him when there are so many out there that would be worth the cash.

I was actually referring to Baines when I wrote that, however, the same probably applies to Fellaini, but to a lesser extent. I will be less upset if Fellaini goes rather than Baines, as there are other players in midfield who can make up for the loss: Pienaar, Mirallas and Osman.

Speaking of Fellaini, his release clause is only valid for another three weeks, so if isn't gone before then, then he won't be going anywhere.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:48 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, and since going to Barca, even Fabregas hasn't made a huge impact.

+1 on the names that would/wouldn't make a Bayern or Barca pick, too. RVP had it easy to look good last year, when you consider what he's actually up against in the premiership, and one would have to think that if he was considered outstanding by the top European clubs, he'd have been there already. Rooney firing on all cylinders and at the top of his game would be a pick, yes to a fit Vidic. Funny how many people (me included) didn't rate DeGea at the start, and now think he might be a top keeper... Yeah, I know you rated him early on. It shows how top rate Ferguson was at spotting something decent, and having the balls to stick with his decision.

If we don't get a decent winger, then we'll have to change our style of play completely, and get players to suit. Cleverley will be fantastic in a season or two, but he's not quite there yet. Buttner, the same, but that doesn't help us now.
The likes of Nani, Anderson, Young and Welbeck would have been cleared out of a Barca or Bayern squad this summer, but it looks like we'll hang onto them and persevere, and just settle for the fact that they can kind of cope at premiership level. That's what gets on my tits.
With a club as big as United, I suppose we all expect more, but surely we need to be competing with the big clubs in the Champions League now to be really credible?
Maybe Ferguson left because now is the right time for another manager to have a couple of years to mould the squad. Would anyone be surprised if Utd only managed 2nd in his first season?

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jul 19th 2013 at 6:39 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Maybe Ferguson left because now is the right time for another manager tohave a couple of years to mould the squad. Would anyone be surprised if Utd only managed 2nd in his first season?
Yeah, I actually think you're right, Dave. There was no way Ferguson was going to walk away if the squad wasn't as strong as he could get it for someone else to come in, or at a time when they hadn't won the title. I actually suspect he might have retired in 2012 if city hadn't won the league.
2nd this season? Disappointed perhaps, but not surprised.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
I was actually referring to Baines when I wrote that, however, the same probably applies to Fellaini, but to a lesser extent. I will be less upset if Fellaini goes rather than Baines, as there are other players in midfield who can make up for the loss: Pienaar, Mirallas and Osman.

Speaking of Fellaini, his release clause is only valid for another three weeks, so if isn't gone before then, then he won't be going anywhere.
I misquoted you, apologies.
I'm of the mind that Fellaini isn't really the player United need, but maybe Moyes would prove us wrong. I wasn't aware of the release clause date, and as far as I've heard there haven't been any bids for bids for him from United. I can see them getting edgy if they don't land a midfielder soon though.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.