Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

svens gone a nobbin

svens gone a nobbin

Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: svens nob

Originally posted by andy kerry
thats a very good point ,shearer, im sure he has the respect of most pros but do you really think hes a man manager he allways seems a little wrapped up in protecting himself from the media
I think his man-management at that level would leave a lot to be desired too. Icon? Surely but I don't think his skills would translate.
i also like the idea of bruce
Both you guys have mentioned Bruce and I have a lot of time for him too. He's still to prove himself really (just like every other English manager I suppose). I think he could do a job for England but maybe not for a couple more years.
i think sven will be sacked there got the perfect excuse gross missconduct and i can see mc claren doing it on apart time basis maybe with curbishly because he has more time to spare than a premier manager.
I can actually see him riding it out (that's gonna come back to haunt me isn't it?) I think his record stands up against most other England managers. The perception of him is poor because of the ridiculous friendly substitutions and the fact that he never, ever criticises his players, no matter how crap they have been!
what worries me is we dont have a goalkeeper the defence can trust.
I think we've had that problem for quite a few years now and I don't see it resolving itself for a while. Robinson and Kirkland are decent but not in the Shilton / Jennings class.
cant wait for the start of the season ive been watching man utd on tour over here smith looks shite hot its nice to know leeds are still open for shopping
Me too. We've signed some quality players and if we keep their heads right, it's gonna be an exciting season at the riverside. Assuming, that is, that McClaren is still in charge.....
Old Aug 1st 2004, 7:41 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you believe the Sunday papers, if Sven goes, Brooking and McLaren are gong to head up an all English coaching staff.........

Walla
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 11:15 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, very novel idea, but based on the fact there is no outstanding manager, why not share the manager role around? Bit like ground-sharing but at the manager level

let bruce, maclaren, curbs et al., have a match each... all can be part of an elite england manager group, and every one-two matches they change the head... let them all gain a bit of experience and see where they go!... even let the foreign managers have a go, kinda like a guest manager...

anyway, all academic 'cos as a previosu psot said, it's too expensive to eject sven from his post
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

andy kerry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ksct97
OK, very novel idea, but based on the fact there is no outstanding manager, why not share the manager role around? Bit like ground-sharing but at the manager level

let bruce, maclaren, curbs et al., have a match each... all can be part of an elite england manager group, and every one-two matches they change the head... let them all gain a bit of experience and see where they go!... even let the foreign managers have a go, kinda like a guest manager...

anyway, all academic 'cos as a previosu psot said, it's too expensive to eject sven from his post
i think england needs a period of stability i cant see sven doin that. if you look at any sucessful club the manager would have been there for some period of time. i dont think theres any quick fix , players have got to accept responsibility and pull that shirt on and want to play there guts out, but unfortunatly many players just want the fame without the hard graft ,you should never be payed to play for your country it should be the greatest honour ever bestowed on a professional, and i still think country should come before club and money. sorry had my rant time to take my medication
Old Aug 4th 2004, 3:49 pm

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

Curbishley is decent but never gonna do it.

I always had time for Roy Hodgson - he's a bit of a world traveler but he's a very very good manager. Speaks a bunch of languages, plenty of international contacts, has international coaching experience with Switzerland, the UAE, and others, knows the world game very very well. Worth a shout.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 9:59 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cuckoofrommars
Curbishley is decent but never gonna do it.

I always had time for Roy Hodgson - he's a bit of a world traveler but he's a very very good manager. Speaks a bunch of languages, plenty of international contacts, has international coaching experience with Switzerland, the UAE, and others, knows the world game very very well. Worth a shout.
Both journeyman mgrs
Old Aug 8th 2004, 12:21 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: svens gone a nobbin

Originally Posted by The Don
Both journeyman mgrs
Having said that, maybe that's what England need.

Boring, predictable, obvious: but English and aggressive / attacking in playing style, not Swedish sitting-back and defending a weak lead.