Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

SPL, Rangers in serious trouble

SPL, Rangers in serious trouble

Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:34 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SPL, Rangers in serious trouble

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Doesn't work like that in England either.
Liverpool to United, I think not, if it happens then its the kind of fan that does not matter economically, the sort that does not go to a stadium or buy shirts.
You'd be wrong there. Posters, shirts, scarves and the occasional trip to Anfield or away games at Villa were the norm for us all. They're called glory hunters for a reason and they don't care if their new club is the arch rival.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:44 pm
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

It seems our Scottish poster has no opinion on what will happen to the SPL if Celtic leave, mp that Rangers are gone.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:54 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface View Post
Doesn't work like that in Scotland, particularly for a Celtic/ Rangers or Hearts/Hibs fans.
Whilst I agree that no TCFKAR fan would 'defect' to the East of the city, I am sure that many, once the reality of the situation sets in and the club does not immediately bounce back to th SPL over the next 3 years, will simply stop going.

As an Aberdeen fan, I can recall going to Ibrox in the early / mid 80's, secure in the knowledge that, it wasn't a case of IF we would win, but a case of by how much. In those days, the home support would tip the 6,000 mark, on a good day...

There are a substantial number of fair weather supporters hanging onto the club and I am sure that they will quickly find something more productive (wife-beating, marches etc) to do with their time....
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Playing Inverness to win 4-0, playing Man Utd to lose 2-0? It will grow old fast. It's no co-incidence that all my friends were Liverpool fans when we were growing up in the 80s and they were winning all the time, yet now they're all Manchester Utd fans.
Glory hunters, every big team has them I guess! But sorry I am in no doubt that Celtic fans would be a lot more excited about the challenge of playing Man u than going up to gub Inverness. Do liverpool fans avoid Old Traford for they fear of getting humped? (I bet far more travel to see Liverpool v Man u as opposed to Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion)
Old Jul 20th 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Probably, but which are Celtic likely to win more off each season.

Celtic wouldn't be guaranteed a top 5 finish there, let alone a top 2!
It would be arrogance to suggest they would be guaranteed a top 5 finish but also silly to suggest that given a few years in the EPL that it would/could not happen... even a top 2 for that matter!

It seems our Scottish poster has no opinion on what will happen to the SPL if Celtic leave, mp that Rangers are gone
Was this for me? (there is at least 3 Scottish recent posters on this thread)
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:46 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedscottish View Post
Do liverpool fans avoid Old Traford for they fear of getting humped? (I bet far more travel to see Liverpool v Man u as opposed to Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion)
Unfortunately we're more likely to get points vs Man Utd than we are West Brom, but I see the point you're making.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Unfortunately we're more likely to get points vs Man Utd than we are West Brom, but I see the point you're making.
Exactly, players up their game for the big ones and fans also up the support!
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:57 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Rangers need extra time to sneak a win against Brechin City.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:41 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Rangers need extra time to sneak a win against Brechin City.
Brechin City are a quality side though, so Rangers did well to get the win.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:45 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Brechin City are a quality side though, so Rangers did well to get the win.
Yes they are in the heady heights of division 2, something of a giant killing for the third division team.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:59 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they are in the heady heights of division 2, something of a giant killing for the third division team.
I'm sure Ally McCoist will be telling the players that if they play like that in the league, then they could be playing the likes of Brechin City every week next year. Something to aim for certainly.