Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Sox v Yankees

Sox v Yankees

Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sox v Yankees

Anyone been watching the series between them?
Awesome stuff, Ortiz kicked arse two days on the trot to string out the wins, can't see the Red Sox going all the way myself, but to bring it back to 3-2 ain't bad...
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:57 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sox v Yankees

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone been watching the series between them?
Awesome stuff, Ortiz kicked arse two days on the trot to string out the wins, can't see the Red Sox going all the way myself, but to bring it back to 3-2 ain't bad...
Is 0-0 in game 6 at the minute, am following it over the net as we only get live baseball on TV in the UK on Sundays and Wednesdays
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbickle
Is 0-0 in game 6 at the minute, am following it over the net as we only get live baseball on TV in the UK on Sundays and Wednesdays
close game....still 0-0 in top of forth....one of those games...
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

4-0 Sox in the 4th
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:55 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
4-0 Sox in the 4th
4-1 Sox in the 8th

It's driving me nuts. I have no interest whatsoever in baseball since being bored to tears when I once went to a Mets v Yankees game and it went on and on and on....

The problem is that I can't get my teenage son to turn the TV off and get some sleep when he has to be up by 7am to go to school.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Englishmum
4-1 Sox in the 8th

It's driving me nuts. I have no interest whatsoever in baseball since being bored to tears when I once went to a Mets v Yankees game and it went on and on and on....
:
I've been getting into baseball, mainly because the Sox never actually come good in the end, but seen a couple games when they played Expos, much cheaper than at "home", and just as far away...shame the expos' are going...
but speaking of new england teams, the Patriots are doing alright, but that's a game that goes on for ever and is boring, though the world series was pretty cool.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

A-rod's an arse, he should have been tossed out for that flailing arm stunt...
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:46 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's a die hard Sox and Pats fan. I have got into baseball but American footy is a bit too tedious for me to stick with.

I'm still learning the baseball rules but I just wish to hell the Sox would have a shower, shave and hair cut. They all look like a bag of shite. Good to see Schilling out for 7 innings tonight. I think the Sox could do it, but they seem to have the English tennis player syndrome. They get all the way then bottle it.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Sweet...they did it, 4-2 and in regular innings this time...though for a second there with two walks, thought they could toss it away there....good stuff
And yeah, they all need to have their heads shaved, awful hair cuts the lot of 'em.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 5:18 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they were going to screw it up at the end. Nice to seem them come back from such a bad start. Boston will be a happy place if they make it! I did think there were some pitches that should have been strikes but weren't but I'm only just learning the game, so what do I know.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 6:25 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I see Chopper Chris hasn't posted on here yet.

hey Chris, you kakking yourpants yet?
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:56 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
I see Chopper Chris hasn't posted on here yet.

hey Chris, you kakking yourpants yet?

I'm watching...

tonight you'll see...Yankees will win...send the Red Sucks home again with their tail between their legs.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chopper-Chris
I'm watching...

tonight you'll see...Yankees will win...send the Red Sucks home again with their tail between their legs.
Well that's par for the course though isn't it.
Can't have the Sox go out on a sweep......... God's just playing with them. It's like, let's put the Sox fans through more purgatory.
it'll be another crushing defeat for Boston tonight guaranteed.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:11 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
Well that's par for the course though isn't it.
Can't have the Sox go out on a sweep......... God's just playing with them. It's like, let's put the Sox fans through more purgatory.
it'll be another crushing defeat for Boston tonight guaranteed.
God is a Yankees Fan
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:13 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Chopper-Chris
God is a Yankees Fan
You see it's that typical Yankees fan arrogance which will ensure divine intervention and a win for the Sox, proving once and for all, that the curse is over and God is a Red Sox pitcher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.