Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Russia 2018 World Cup

Russia 2018 World Cup

Old Dec 1st 2017, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Russia 2018 World Cup

The world cup draw is upon us today. I for one am excited, I'm just missing a world cup chart to be honest, I used to love doing those when I was younger!

Below are the pots for the draw. Barring Europe, no 2 teams from the same qualifying region can be drawn in the same group, but Europe are allowed no more than two in a group.

What are your group predictions for England? What are your world cup predictions overall? Do you have a team who you think will be a surprise package? A player who will surprise everyone? Let's get the world cup chat going, I know it is still a good 6 months away, but we all know this is where it starts. The planning, the speculation, the predictions!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russia 2018 World Cup

I honestly hope we get a group of death - resume normal service and get kicked out before the knockout stages. I hate being so negative about it but at 26, all I remember is that we are complete and utter dogshit at tournaments. The last good memory I have of England is us beating ze Germans 5-1!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91 View Post
I honestly hope we get a group of death - resume normal service and get kicked out before the knockout stages. I hate being so negative about it but at 26, all I remember is that we are complete and utter dogshit at tournaments. The last good memory I have of England is us beating ze Germans 5-1!
I'm in the same boat, to be honest. I want a group of death. If we can't get out of that, then that's it. If we can get out of it, then we actually stand a chance.

I want it to be:

Brazil
England
Sweden
Nigeria

Yeah, at 27, my memories of England are just like yours!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste View Post
I'm in the same boat, to be honest. I want a group of death. If we can't get out of that, then that's it. If we can get out of it, then we actually stand a chance.

I want it to be:

Brazil
England
Sweden
Nigeria

Yeah, at 27, my memories of England are just like yours!
Also the hilarious irony that Diego Maradona is handling England's pot 2 he'll definitely hand of god some good teams for us.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Belgium Panama & Tunisia

We're gonna win the cup
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

1. Belgium
2. Panama
3. Tunisia
4. England.

I was really hoping for a draw against Germany or Argentina. Belgium vs England should still be a great game. I think England got away pretty lightly with that draw. Certainly could've been harder but this is England and we could beat Brazil 2-0 one day and get beaten by Kazakhstan 3-0 the next

Would've loved to have had Australia as the final draw for our group but oh well!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Belgium Panama & Tunisia

We're gonna win the cup

I can only imagine one result in the Belgium vs England game and I don't think it'll be pretty!

I'd like to be optimistic and think if we can get a solid result against Belgium that should give some sort of confidence going into tougher games IF we make it out of the group stage!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just to add:

• Monday June 18: Tunisia (7pm) in Volgograd
  • Sunday June 24: Panama (1pm) in Nizhny
  • Thursday June 28: Belgium (7pm) in Kaliningrad
If Gareth Southgate's side make the last 16 they will meet Poland, Senegal, Colombia or Japan.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 3:16 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

On the evidence of all that I expect England to get to the last 8. Sounds rather optimistic but i don't think they could have got much better in the draw.

Anything less would continue the demise and anything more would be glorious.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
On the evidence of all that I expect England to get to the last 8. Sounds rather optimistic but i don't think they could have got much better in the draw.

Anything less would continue the demise and anything more would be glorious.
Poland and Columbia could prove to be very tricky fixtures but as you said, based on that we should be making the last 8.

I'm still not very optimistic though!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

That draw was very, very kind to us, in that we SHOULD get out that group and SHOULD get past the last 16. I too, would see anything less than a quarter-final appearance as a big failure for the world cup to be honest.

Group A is the one of the most boring groups I have ever seen. Argentina, I feel they will go out at the group stages as they have a tough group and they rely heavily on Messi. Portgual vs. Spain should be a cracker of a game, as should England vs. Belgium. By the time we play Belgium, I fully expect us to have 6 points in the bag, and be through to the next round already.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's unfortunate as I'd like nothing more than Harry Kane to have a rather unfortunate injury to rule him out for the rest of the season (I'm an Arsenal fan if that wasn't obvious).

But as much as I hate to admit it, he is absolutely world class and I hope he lives up to his potential at a major tournament and doesn't do a Rooney.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:35 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste View Post
By the time we play Belgium, I fully expect us to have 6 points in the bag, and be through to the next round already.
You youngsters really crack me up sometimes.
Old Dec 1st 2017, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SkySports just posted a video showing England's travel itinerary for the group games.

Certainly a lot of mileage!

If England don't get out of that group Southgate has had it, that's the only certain I can think of at this World Cup with regards to England!
Old Dec 1st 2017, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
You youngsters really crack me up sometimes.
Thing is I'm actually serious. Obviously depends on the squad Southgate goes for. If he takes the youngsters, I think we will go to Quarter-Finals. He also should stick with the 3 at the back with 2 wingbacks, it works for us.

Originally Posted by BenK91 View Post
SkySports just posted a video showing England's travel itinerary for the group games.

Certainly a lot of mileage!

If England don't get out of that group Southgate has had it, that's the only certain I can think of at this World Cup with regards to England!
But still less mileage than we had to do at Brazil world cup!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.