Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup - England To Wear Black For A Game ... In NZ

Rugby World Cup - England To Wear Black For A Game ... In NZ

Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:58 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rugby World Cup - England To Wear Black For A Game ... In NZ

I'd like to see England win the thing but this just smacks of disrespect.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugb...716-1hipk.html

That's the way lads, fire them up for no apparent benefit.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:31 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup - England To Wear Black For A Game ... In NZ

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post

Because, of course, the kiwis show nothing but respect and tact towards England.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:47 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Because, of course, the kiwis show nothing but respect and tact towards England.
It just struck me as a pathetic thing to do in the attempt to sell more shirts ... I am being overruled all over the place including the NZ forum so maybe I read it wrong, just looks like arrogance to me ...
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:55 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

It just struck me as a pathetic thing to do in the attempt to sell more shirts ... I am being overruled all over the place including the NZ forum so maybe I read it wrong, just looks like arrogance to me ...
I agree it seems an odd choice and I can't find details anywhere of a reason for changing the away strip to black.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
I agree it seems an odd choice and I can't find details anywhere of a reason for changing the away strip to black.
They have used a predominantly black 'away' strip recently, apparently they got permission from the NZ authorities so maybe I have just smoked too much crack and am reading too much into the decision
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

They have used a predominantly black 'away' strip recently, apparently they got permission from the NZ authorities so maybe I have just smoked too much crack and am reading too much into the decision
There's a few Kiwis cracking up but i dont see the problem its for 1 game to avoid a clash of colours - Its not like they plan to play the Kiwis wearing black
Old Aug 17th 2011, 8:28 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
There's a few Kiwis cracking up but i dont see the problem its for 1 game to avoid a clash of colours - Its not like they plan to play the Kiwis wearing black
Nike's 'Maori style' supporters t-shirt, I like it

Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

Dunno that looks more like a Peony rather than a Rose to me
Old Aug 17th 2011, 7:00 pm
Banned

Wanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to all

England are just taking the p1ss out of the hosts

They'll probably dance a 'Morris Dance' as well, in answer to the haka - if they should meet
Old Aug 18th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

[They'll probably dance a 'Morris Dance' as well, in answer to the haka - if they should meet[/QUOTE]

Now that I would love to see
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:38 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
[They'll probably dance a 'Morris Dance' as well, in answer to the haka - if they should meet
Now that I would love to see[/QUOTE]

Yeah and the medics bringing on pints of real ale!!

Oh no the kiwis would just drink it all!!

Might be a good game plan!