Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby Union Thread

The Rugby Union Thread

Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:43 pm
  #61  
Failed Expat ;-)
 
NJ_Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: (Great) Britain
Posts: 7,392
NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by Wicked Jester
And if it winds tweedle dum and tweedle dumber up, then that's OK for me too!
Best get used to it. Tweedle dumb (or is it tweedle dumber) has been spouting nonsense, under various usernames, about Rugby League for as long as I can remember. They have my vote for Most Boring Poster of 2005.....
NJ_Dave is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:55 pm
  #62  
Illinois Rapscallion
 
Circus-of-Power's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: In a one bar town
Posts: 1,728
Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Best get used to it. Tweedle dumb (or is it tweedle dumber) has been spouting nonsense, under various usernames, about Rugby League for as long as I can remember. They have my vote for Most Boring Poster of 2005.....
Don't label all us Tweedles with the same title
Circus-of-Power is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:05 pm
  #63  
Failed Expat ;-)
 
NJ_Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: (Great) Britain
Posts: 7,392
NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Don't label all us Tweedles with the same title
I'm not talking about you. I mean Salfordreddownunder/lathlain/pommieleague/grassface. Do you also do nothing but ridicule rugby union and AFL, while never shutting up about how great rugby league is? If so I can gladly label you as a tweedle, like the aforementioned Mr. Boring
NJ_Dave is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:31 am
  #64  
Illinois Rapscallion
 
Circus-of-Power's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: In a one bar town
Posts: 1,728
Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
I'm not talking about you. I mean Salfordreddownunder/lathlain/pommieleague/grassface. Do you also do nothing but ridicule rugby union and AFL, while never shutting up about how great rugby league is? If so I can gladly label you as a tweedle, like the aforementioned Mr. Boring
I do love the game of Rugby League that is true, born into it and played it for nigh on 22 years.... but I also played Union (carn't say that I ever tried AFL but I did like Paul Hogan) ... plus I am also married so I get used to always being wrong.
But boring ..... NEVER!!!!! well maybe every now and again.

Maybe its time for Wicked Jester to restart the slideshow
Circus-of-Power is offline  
Old Oct 7th 2005, 6:21 am
  #65  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,251
Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
I do love the game of Rugby League that is true, born into it and played it for nigh on 22 years.... but I also played Union (carn't say that I ever tried AFL but I did like Paul Hogan) ... plus I am also married so I get used to always being wrong.
But boring ..... NEVER!!!!! well maybe every now and again.

Maybe its time for Wicked Jester to restart the slideshow

Nah, round 4 of the premeirship is finished and they're all off doing different cup challenges.

Pick it up in a couple of weeks That's sure to keep the tweedles amused
Wicked Jester is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 12:12 pm
  #66  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
SalfordRedDownunder will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
Best get used to it. Tweedle dumb (or is it tweedle dumber) has been spouting nonsense, under various usernames, about Rugby League for as long as I can remember. They have my vote for Most Boring Poster of 2005.....
See this arsehole has gob again. Thought you were just called 'NJ'??

A valid member of the arrogance brigade.
SalfordRedDownunder is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 12:17 pm
  #67  
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
SalfordRedDownunder will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
I'm not talking about you. I mean Salfordreddownunder/lathlain/pommieleague/grassface. Do you also do nothing but ridicule rugby union and AFL, while never shutting up about how great rugby league is? If so I can gladly label you as a tweedle, like the aforementioned Mr. Boring
I will say whatever I want Mr know all. If I choose to say how good RL is and how rank GayFL is, I will say it whether cretin like you like it or not. Its dickheads like you who are the cause of hostile attitudes and pathetic lefty views.
Dont like it get f***ed!
SalfordRedDownunder is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:18 pm
  #68  
BE Enthusiast
 
bill drinkwater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 788
bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Come on Manc ..... you had to delve in to history books for that one about Hull..... Why not post the police crime figures from this years Challenge Cup Final between Hull and Leeds ?? Thats right ... there were no figures, not one crime commited.

So a brawl breaks out in the crowd, it doesn't sound like a riot....

If league really is the low brow version then what does it say about Union ...when the kick and clap brigade are desperate to sign up the League boys to either play or to coach. Shaun Edwards never played the game in his life, now he's head coach at some union club .... thats laughable

Anyways .... back to the picture board.... or is that bored !!
Agree,thats pretty poor muck raking! I ve been taking my family to League for years and never seen any trouble! Oh and Shaun Edwards played for England at union (u17) level.
Nearly all the top union sides are getting some league influence but they still belittle the simple mans game that is just played in 2 counties!!!????
Joe Lydon
Shaun Edwards
Mike Ford
Graham Steadman
Phil Larder
Ellery Hanley
Chris Anderson
Tont Rae
Just a few names from the world of R.L. that union has turned to in the last few seasons!
bill drinkwater is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:53 pm
  #69  
@matthewb76
 
Manc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 21,886
Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater
Agree,thats pretty poor muck raking! I ve been taking my family to League for years and never seen any trouble! Oh and Shaun Edwards played for England at union (u17) level.
Nearly all the top union sides are getting some league influence but they still belittle the simple mans game that is just played in 2 counties!!!????
Joe Lydon
Shaun Edwards
Mike Ford
Graham Steadman
Phil Larder
Ellery Hanley
Chris Anderson
Tont Rae
Just a few names from the world of R.L. that union has turned to in the last few seasons!
but it was alright when Johnathon Edwards switched codes?
Manc is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:24 pm
  #70  
BE Enthusiast
 
bill drinkwater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 788
bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by Manc
but it was alright when Johnathon Edwards switched codes?
Not sure why anyone would want to sign a ltripl-jumper to play league!!
i take it you are referring to Jonathon Davies! Slightly different,union was still an amatuer game then,if you wanted to earn a living professionally league was the way to do it.Union has been professional for a fair old while now yet needs people like Lydon and Edwards to show their elite players how to play!Im not anti-union,but the way union fans try and belittle league at every opportunity whilst trying to poach the coaches and players doesnt add up.
To sign Andy Farrell who has had 2 injury hit seasons and fast track him into the England set-up speaks volumes for the R.F.U.
bill drinkwater is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:57 pm
  #71  
@matthewb76
 
Manc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 21,886
Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater
Not sure why anyone would want to sign a ltripl-jumper to play league!!
i take it you are referring to Jonathon Davies! Slightly different,union was still an amatuer game then,if you wanted to earn a living professionally league was the way to do it.Union has been professional for a fair old while now yet needs people like Lydon and Edwards to show their elite players how to play!Im not anti-union,but the way union fans try and belittle league at every opportunity whilst trying to poach the coaches and players doesnt add up.
To sign Andy Farrell who has had 2 injury hit seasons and fast track him into the England set-up speaks volumes for the R.F.U.
sorry, yeah, brain fart.......Johnathon Davies.

If players can make more money playing for Bradford then Saracens then good luck to them.
but there is more money sloshing around Union right now, so players are going where the money is.
Manc is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:12 pm
  #72  
BE Enthusiast
 
bill drinkwater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 788
bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by Manc
sorry, yeah, brain fart.......Johnathon Davies.

If players can make more money playing for Bradford then Saracens then good luck to them.
but there is more money sloshing around Union right now, so players are going where the money is.
Yeah agreed,its a short and sometimes dangerous career,i was using Farrell as an example of probably not the best value for money,his best years are behind him(think hes 31ish),and he has struggled injury wise the last 2 seasons,and so far this season at Saracens its been more of the same!
bill drinkwater is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 10:49 pm
  #73  
BE Enthusiast
 
matt begley's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 352
matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater
Yeah agreed,its a short and sometimes dangerous career,i was using Farrell as an example of probably not the best value for money,his best years are behind him(think hes 31ish),and he has struggled injury wise the last 2 seasons,and so far this season at Saracens its been more of the same!
Yep a real waste of money - and you are right the boys will follow the money. However ask yourself, the same is happening to league now that happened in union years ago. What goes around comes around.........

Now both games are pro perhaps we will see survival of the fittest/best supported rugby in this country?

Interesting point about the coaches - is it just money or do they actually see a bigger opportunity to influence a sport which is developing professionally rather than stay within one which has stagnated in this country?
matt begley is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:57 pm
  #74  
Failed Expat ;-)
 
NJ_Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: (Great) Britain
Posts: 7,392
NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by SalfordRedDownunder
I will say whatever I want Mr know all. If I choose to say how good RL is and how rank GayFL is, I will say it whether cretin like you like it or not. Its dickheads like you who are the cause of hostile attitudes and pathetic lefty views.
Dont like it get f***ed!
Your paranoid fear that everybody hates rugby league really amuses me. You need to get out more, even if it's just to seek professional help for your obsession.
NJ_Dave is offline  
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:10 am
  #75  
Deep in the red C.
 
Iginla's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,663
Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by SalfordRedDownunder
I will say whatever I want Mr know all. If I choose to say how good RL is and how rank GayFL is, I will say it whether cretin like you like it or not. Its dickheads like you who are the cause of hostile attitudes and pathetic lefty views.
Dont like it get f***ed!
See you're still as original as ever!

RL is for the cranially challenged. You fit that category perfectly.

1.Lift ball.
2. Run with said ball in the hope that you can advance one yard.
3. After getting stopped after half a yard pass ball between legs.
4. Next moran repeats the process after quick sniff of first player's bum
5. And so on ....... YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Meanwhile supporters discuss where to buy cheap bogroll and latest additions to their outhouses.

Probably explains why they are all "red down under". Lack of basic hygiene if you ask me!

Last edited by Iginla; Oct 11th 2005 at 2:22 am.
Iginla is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.