The Rugby Union Thread

Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:37 am
Banned

SalfordRedDownunder will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by Wicked Jester
Given that no one posts?

If you're bored with it then don't visit it, simple really
Then why have a thread to the worlds dullest sport?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:44 am
Banned

A common sight found at many a rugger yawnion game.

The All Blacks Suck!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:45 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby League, The Family Game.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/s1075143.htm
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:48 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Rugby League, The Family Game.
Unless you're from Hull..

Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:52 pm
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute

It is the low brow version of union, the thicker football thug degenerates seem to filter across to league.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 3:16 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Manc ..... you had to delve in to history books for that one about Hull..... Why not post the police crime figures from this years Challenge Cup Final between Hull and Leeds ?? Thats right ... there were no figures, not one crime commited.

So a brawl breaks out in the crowd, it doesn't sound like a riot....

If league really is the low brow version then what does it say about Union ...when the kick and clap brigade are desperate to sign up the League boys to either play or to coach. Shaun Edwards never played the game in his life, now he's head coach at some union club .... thats laughable

Anyways .... back to the picture board.... or is that bored !!
Old Oct 1st 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

It is quite amazing to me reading the comments of Union/League. I never played League at all but that has not stopped me from enjoying the game. I like to watch all team sports and enjoy them thank goodness without being side tracked as to if one is better than the other. I feel sorry for those of you that cannot appreciate both sports.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 12:13 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SalfordRedDownunder
Its the worst broken nose Ive ever seen.

Newcastle Knights NRL fullback Robbie O'Davis
got hit late in a game in 2003 and this was
the result.

Union is such a soft game you'd never see this in a Sale Sharks game!

I bet he does a good impression of a shark turning though
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:29 am
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
It is quite amazing to me reading the comments of Union/League. I never played League at all but that has not stopped me from enjoying the game. I like to watch all team sports and enjoy them thank goodness without being side tracked as to if one is better than the other. I feel sorry for those of you that cannot appreciate both sports.

I agree with you Tony, I don't mind either, but Einstein with his sub 90 IQ and his good friend Frankenstein with with underactive synapse come here and start passing comments, it'd be rude not to retaliate wouldn't it?
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 1:35 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wicked Jester
I agree with you Tony, I don't mind either, but Einstein with his sub 90 IQ and his good friend Frankenstein with with underactive synapse come here and start passing comments, it'd be rude not to retaliate wouldn't it?
OOOO!!!!!! Sticks and stones

Isn't the retaliator the one who usually gets sent from the field ?

I enjoy both, have played both too. My preferance is League and I did only post in bedevilment
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 2:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
OOOO!!!!!! Sticks and stones

Isn't the retaliator the one who usually gets sent from the field ?

I enjoy both, have played both too. My preferance is League and I did only post in bedevilment

Oh believe me I'd risk the sin bin and/or even a red card to kick the shit out of the opposition if the need arose, nowt wrong with that!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:41 am
Banned

Says the man from northern England.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:46 am
Banned

Stamping, a new type of rugger dance? Literally walking over the opposition.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Anyways .... back to the picture board.... or is that bored !![/QUOTE]

yes WJ what is your fascination with the photos?

mate i am a Union man through and through but why so many.....?

the League boys love to attempt a wind up, they seem to have selective memory retention when it comes to cross code player movement which is one of the most popular attack on the 'kick and clap' game. Always highly original when you consider the footrush from South Wales in the 70's, 80's and early 90's with talent flooding oop North. Pot kettle black.........

Human nature is that some of the best talent will always follow the money. Personally I reckon the like of Farrell is the biggest waste of finances from a Union point of view - talentd footballer and he just couldn't resist the wedge. Can't blame him but I reckon he will be laughing all the way back home considerably richer in a couple of years. More fool Saracens and the RFU.

Later
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by matt begley
Anyways .... back to the picture board.... or is that bored !!

yes WJ what is your fascination with the photos?

mate i am a Union man through and through but why so many.....?

the League boys love to attempt a wind up, they seem to have selective memory retention when it comes to cross code player movement which is one of the most popular attack on the 'kick and clap' game. Always highly original when you consider the footrush from South Wales in the 70's, 80's and early 90's with talent flooding oop North. Pot kettle black.........

Human nature is that some of the best talent will always follow the money. Personally I reckon the like of Farrell is the biggest waste of finances from a Union point of view - talentd footballer and he just couldn't resist the wedge. Can't blame him but I reckon he will be laughing all the way back home considerably richer in a couple of years. More fool Saracens and the RFU.

Later [/QUOTE]

No particular reason really, they're from match reports, ah ***** it I don't have to justify anything anyway.

I originally started the thread in the lounge because I had a discussion with a Canadian who said that the didn't have rugby in Canada, as it was called football there.

And if it winds tweedle dum and tweedle dumber up, then that's OK for me too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.