Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby Union Thread

The Rugby Union Thread

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 5:44 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by mandpete
I know my Dad hated Sale but I'm not sure why.
probably lived there that's why
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wicked Jester
You're not butting in, 7s is such a quick game too

I remember watching Billy Beaumont and some other Internationals play at Davenport 7s. I was dragged to many RU matches during my childhood. As I got older I had to help my Mum make and dish out the after match hot pot. When I was about 8 years old I was stood with my Mum at the side of the pitch watching my Dad. We didn't notice the ball land at the side of us and the next minute I was completely flattened by about 6 giants. Luckily I was not hurt and after the game I was given lots of lemonade and crisps and even some money.

My Dad played from being a young lad until he was nearly 40. He is now 57 and he has trouble with every moveable joint in his body, he can't even bend down to tie his laces and he puts it down to playing rugby for too long.

I saw my Dad and brother get injured and always said that if I had a son I would not encourage him to play rugby. I married a huge soccer fan and so my 14 year old son plays soccer and has never really shown an interest in rugby. He loves watching American football but being 6' tall (and still growing) and as thin as a rake I'd rather he stuck to soccer.

We all got up at some unearthly hour to watch the Rugby World Cup a couple of years ago.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 7:35 pm
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
I remember watching Billy Beaumont and some other Internationals play at Davenport 7s. I was dragged to many RU matches during my childhood. As I got older I had to help my Mum make and dish out the after match hot pot. When I was about 8 years old I was stood with my Mum at the side of the pitch watching my Dad. We didn't notice the ball land at the side of us and the next minute I was completely flattened by about 6 giants. Luckily I was not hurt and after the game I was given lots of lemonade and crisps and even some money.

My Dad played from being a young lad until he was nearly 40. He is now 57 and he has trouble with every moveable joint in his body, he can't even bend down to tie his laces and he puts it down to playing rugby for too long.

I saw my Dad and brother get injured and always said that if I had a son I would not encourage him to play rugby. I married a huge soccer fan and so my 14 year old son plays soccer and has never really shown an interest in rugby. He loves watching American football but being 6' tall (and still growing) and as thin as a rake I'd rather he stuck to soccer.

We all got up at some unearthly hour to watch the Rugby World Cup a couple of years ago.

I adore the game, I regret not playing it when i was younger but I'd be mad to start at 38!

I was at a Worcester match 3 weeks ago and some of those boys are seriously huge!
Old Sep 24th 2005, 6:56 pm
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute

For Manc - Sale Sharks memories!

Gloucester vs Sale

Also proves it's the game real men play.

Last edited by Wicked Jester; Sep 24th 2005 at 7:36 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:32 pm
Banned

Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:34 pm
Banned

Carlos Spencer in action for Northampton Saints

Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:35 pm
Banned

Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:37 pm
Banned

Worcester vs Gloucester

Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:40 pm
Banned

Worcester vs Saracens

Old Sep 24th 2005, 7:44 pm
Banned

Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:15 am
Banned

24 September 2005 Leicester Tigers 40 vs Bath 26

Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:42 am
Banned

Saturday 24 Septmber 2005 Gloucester 28 vs Northampton 24

Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:48 am
Banned

The game of Rugby Union.

For those who want to know what it's about:

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/5809_5814.php
Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:48 pm
Banned

Sunday 25 September 2005 Wasps 34 vs Worcester 20

Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:56 pm
Banned

Sunday 25 September Leeds 20 vs Leicester 28

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.