Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Rugby League Tipsters Thread

Rugby League Tipsters Thread

Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rugby League Tipsters Thread

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
So what do we think of the Ausssie Test side for Friday, any thoughts???
As a rough guess i would say...
HUNT
TATE
LYON
HODGES
KING
LOCKYER
THURSTON
KITE
SMITH
CIVONACIEVA
MASON
HINDMARSH
RYAN
subs
BAILEY
BERRIGAN
SIMPSON
TOPOU

Quite what Tate,King,Lon and berrigan have done to get in there i dont know
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:23 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Still think Minicello will feature at fullback but after my success NOT at tipping this weekend don't take any notice of me

Fair result at Quins by the sound of it Bill but didn't help my tipping:curse:

Anybody going on Friday night by the way??? Just been to pick up my tickets so will be shouting for the green and gold with the rest

Loz x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Still think Minicello will feature at fullback but after my success NOT at tipping this weekend don't take any notice of me

Anybody going on Friday night by the way??? Just been to pick up my tickets so will be shouting for the green and gold with the rest

Loz x
Can't now that I'm stuck in MT isa:curse: :curse: :curse: Went to Tri Nations last Year GB v Aus at Suncorp and it was awesome - dont know why they waist time playing games in Sydney as they get crap attendences down there
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

billywetpants will become famous soon enough

Loz x
I plan to go, haven't got a ticket yet, probably get one tomorrow night on way home. Don't think I will be shouting for the green n golds though, I have always planned to support Australia at sport but when it comes down to it I can't forget all the pain and humiliation they have inflicted on British RL for as long as I have watched it.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:40 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billywetpants View Post
Don't think I will be shouting for the green n golds though, I have always planned to support Australia at sport but when it comes down to it I can't forget all the pain and humiliation they have inflicted on British RL for as long as I have watched it.
Don't you think most of the pain and humiliation has been self inflicted:curse:
As long as we insist on picking players for their past reputation mainly from the 'big four' clubs and not on current form from ALL the Super league clubs nothing will change.

Loz x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

billywetpants will become famous soon enough

Don't you think most of the pain and humiliation has been self inflicted:curse:
As long as we insist on picking players for their past reputation mainly from the 'big four' clubs and not on current form from ALL the Super league clubs nothing will change.

Loz x
Yes, It seems to be one of them things that everyone agree's on but never changes and it happens in most sports and countries.http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...s/confused.gif

There is also the "were playing in Brisbane so we need to include x amount of bronco players" attitude. Which does mean we have a few Hull players in the GB squad for games at the KC etc
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by billywetpants View Post
There is also the "were playing in Brisbane so we need to include x amount of bronco players" attitude.
That is complete rubbish -The Kangaroos have policy of where possible keeping a winning side and as this was a winning side from last seasons Tri Nations most players have kept their place - Besides are you telling me that Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt and Civoniceva dont deserve their places??? admitedly Tate should not be there and I can understand Berrigan being picked as Mr Utility - The NSW dominated ARL do not do Qld any favours let alone pick x amount of Broncos because were at Suncorp
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:25 pm
loz
this is home!!

That is complete rubbish -The Kangaroos have policy of where possible keeping a winning side and as this was a winning side from last seasons Tri Nations most players have kept their place - Besides are you telling me that Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt and Civoniceva dont deserve their places??? admitedly Tate should not be there and I can understand Berrigan being picked as Mr Utility - The NSW dominated ARL do not do Qld any favours let alone pick x amount of Broncos because were at Suncorp
Have to agree wholeheartedly with you there Johno, why break up a winning side. I do think however Matt Bowen has more than earned a place in the side with his early form and I would have picked him over Karmichael Hunt but then again what do I know
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Whem was the last time Sonny Bill and Benji Marshall featured for the Kiwis?? And how come the ARL clubs havent done theur usual trick of pulling Kiwi players (espicially Doggies) out of test matches with "injuries" ??.They muct be ultra-confident on this game.Agree with Loz,current form should be Bowen,but they wont lose much with Harmichael in the side.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Have to agree wholeheartedly with you there Johno, why break up a winning side. I do think however Matt Bowen has more than earned a place in the side with his early form and I would have picked him over Karmichael Hunt but then again what do I know
I disagree about Bowen - Yes he's great going forward but his defence is not up to much and he's shocking under the high ball hence the reason he was dropped from Origin for Hunt - maybe they should have picked him instead of Berrigan to run from dummy half and cover the backline????
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:50 am
loz
this is home!!

And how come the ARL clubs havent done theur usual trick of pulling Kiwi players (espicially Doggies) out of test matches with "injuries" ??.

Hmmm sounds familiar aren't Bradford famous for the 'injury' ploy? As in Leslie Vainakolu twice and probably Solomona next time he gets a call up:curse:
It's a good job most clubs have some integrity.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

And how come the ARL clubs havent done theur usual trick of pulling Kiwi players (espicially Doggies) out of test matches with "injuries" ??.

Hmmm sounds familiar aren't Bradford famous for the 'injury' ploy? As in Leslie Vainakolu twice and probably Solomona next time he gets a call up:curse:
It's a good job most clubs have some integrity.
such a suspicious mind Loz
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

If this game was in NZ i would have gone for the Kiwis,but as half their team are playing for Australia anyway,and the games in Brisbane,i will go Aus by 16 !
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:09 am
loz
this is home!!

such a suspicious mind Loz
What me No way
After both me and hubby being closely involved with British Rugby League for the last 15 years suspicion is second nature. I could write a book mate

Loz x
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
If this game was in NZ i would have gone for the Kiwis,but as half their team are playing for Australia anyway,and the games in Brisbane,i will go Aus by 16 !
Not enough experience in the Kiwi side I think this could be a flogging 30+

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.