Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old May 23rd 2007, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
Ticketless Footy Fans I don't mean to rub it it but:

1) I have an Origin ticket in my pocket RIGHT NOW
2) It's 6 rows back on halfway
3) I have already started drinking and will continue to until kick-off ... right after I've done my obligatory 1 hour at work post-lunch.

But I'm sure the view on the TV is just as good ... mwhahahahaha )
BARSTEWARD!!
Enjoy watching the mighty blues pack inflict PAIN on the canetoads!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Classic ...classic story .... one of the best ....nearly as good as the one with Roy and Gary Connerly .....

I'll let Thydney tell it ..after all ..its his beloved club
How many stories are there about Gary Connelly FFS ?? I heard a few and that was living in London,so tell all please!
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:37 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
BARSTEWARD!!
Enjoy watching the mighty blues pack inflict PAIN on the canetoads!!
Sorry, must've missed that bit, I only caught the second half
Old May 24th 2007, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, must've missed that bit, I only caught the second half
Always felt origin should have been a 40 minute game!
Well done Qld,they deserved it!
Old May 24th 2007, 1:47 am

Always felt origin should have been a 40 minute game!
Well done Qld,they deserved it!
Apparently the first NSW try wasn't even grounded properly, I haven't seen the highlights yet ... I am easing myself into the day gradually

Not a bad start for my footy watching career, I'll definitely be back for more ... although the way the Broncos are going it maybe be downhill from here ...
Old May 24th 2007, 5:15 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

How many stories are there about Gary Connelly FFS ?? I heard a few and that was living in London,so tell all please!

Gary is only a kid at the time and Roy ...well ..lets just say ..the glue factory awaited ....forget who was coach at the time ...but ....Gary isn 't at training one night ...so Roy says ....."where's the kid then??" ....reply "he's gone for a cortisone injection !!!" ..............Roy ...." ****** ell!!! I've been with the club for 10 years and never been offered a sponsored car".......................................
Old May 24th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Gary is only a kid at the time and Roy ...well ..lets just say ..the glue factory awaited ....forget who was coach at the time ...but ....Gary isn 't at training one night ...so Roy says ....."where's the kid then??" ....reply "he's gone for a cortisone injection !!!" ..............Roy ...." ****** ell!!! I've been with the club for 10 years and never been offered a sponsored car".......................................
classic !!
Old May 24th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Apparently the first NSW try wasn't even grounded properly, I haven't seen the highlights yet ... I am easing myself into the day gradually

Not a bad start for my footy watching career, I'll definitely be back for more ... although the way the Broncos are going it maybe be downhill from here ...
It didnt look like it on telly,very surprised it was given!
Old May 24th 2007, 6:34 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

One of Roy's family live in the same street as my parents their number 14 my parents 4. When they arrived my parents started getting their milk delivered they told Roy's rellie and she immediately left a note on her doorstep telling the milk man not to deliver to number 4.

The Elephant lane story is that Roy was touring Australia and whilst being interviewed by the Aussie press was asked where he came from ' England' Roy replies 'whereabouts?' asks the journo trying to get a proper answer ' Top of Elephant Lane' answers Roy
Old May 24th 2007, 11:54 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Are you lot trying to say some of our players are thick
When I had the pub on the Wakefield Trinity ground some of our academy lads weren't the sharpest knives in the box. After one evening training session a prop called Mickie Clarkson (who is a legend among some ex Trinity coaches for his escapades!!!!) asked if he could use my phone at the end of the bar. As I was serving a customer I heard him say "ello can I 'ave a taxi please?.........."Clarkson"...................."Wa kefield Trinity ground, Belle Vue" The person at the other end must have then asked the him where he was going and his answer in a MOST indignant tone was............."[email protected]#*ing home" and promptly put the phone down. His taxi never showed up and he had to ring his mum for a lift
Old May 25th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Its all those head high shots they take !
Old May 25th 2007, 3:18 am

It didnt look like it on telly,very surprised it was given!
Ah well, I'm sure it'll all even out over three matches ... it's a game of 2 halves Brian and the lads done great ...
Old May 26th 2007, 4:37 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Are you lot trying to say some of our players are thick
When your talking about people like Roy or Gary Forber or Roy Dickenson or Nicky Kiss ......YES!!!!
Old May 26th 2007, 4:38 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

then again they are still more intelligent than most of the referee's
Old May 26th 2007, 4:45 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

When your talking about people like Roy or Gary Forber or Roy Dickenson or Nicky Kiss ......YES!!!!
Gary? Do you mean Paul?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.