Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Jun 15th 2011, 11:15 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by ponyrama View Post
New South Wales! New South Wales!
I guess I'll be seeing the Blues jerseys on the streets again, they seemed conspicuously absent yesterday morning ...
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:21 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
I guess I'll be seeing the Blues jerseys on the streets again, they seemed conspicuously absent yesterday morning ...
I had mine on!

In fairness, there were several points in the game where it could of gone either way but QLD came out too desperate in the second half and started making mistakes. It was almost like they knew they had to have it won in the first twenty minutes knowing they weren't handling the pace.

Whether you're a blue or a marone, you've got to admit it makes for better tv than the dismal efforts of NSW in previous years. Game 3 is gonna be a corker!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:05 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama View Post
I had mine on!

In fairness, there were several points in the game where it could of gone either way but QLD came out too desperate in the second half and started making mistakes. It was almost like they knew they had to have it won in the first twenty minutes knowing they weren't handling the pace.

Whether you're a blue or a marone, you've got to admit it makes for better tv than the dismal efforts of NSW in previous years. Game 3 is gonna be a corker!
Agree with that, NSW definitely deserved to win, wish I had tickets for game 3
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:12 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
Agree with that, NSW definitely deserved to win, wish I had tickets for game 3
I have might need boxing gloves to stop me from munching me nails down to the knuckle if its as tight as II
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:35 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by loz View Post
I have might need boxing gloves to stop me from munching me nails down to the knuckle if its as tight as II
Ya lucky bugger, I went a few years ago and the atmosphere was great.

It helped that I worked for The Evil Empire (Suncorp) so I got top seats at knock-down prices.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Well this'll be the first time i've been to the third game when it's not been a dead rubber so really looking forward to what should be an even better atmosphere than usual.Just hope we get the right result and the "Sea of Maroon" goes home well chuffed < off to check ticket is still in the safe as Vim's on the prowl
Old Jul 5th 2011, 7:20 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see this old thread is still going strong...I'll go for Queensland and Wigan in tomorrows games
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Bloody canetoads (and Pies after stuffing us).
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Just watched the pies v wanky c.c. game,what a blinder,the first 20 mins must be as good a wigan performance i have seen since the glory days of Hanley,Edwards,Gregory etc...great atmosphere to.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Looking forward to seeing him out here,will need plenty of sunscreen given his complexion ! Hes picked a good forward pack to join as well.The number of poms is growing in the NRL,lets hope it starts to rub off on the Emgland side....and how well is Widdop playing at the Storm,a shoo-in for the 4-nations i would think?
Think they should pick Jack Reed from the Broncos as he was born over there and is having a great season

Sad to see Quins in such a bad state Bill - on a positive I heard we are considering going back to being the London Broncos
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
Think they should pick Jack Reed from the Broncos as he was born over there and is having a great season

Sad to see Quins in such a bad state Bill - on a positive I heard we are considering going back to being the London Broncos
Yes,very good chance of that,almost certainly wont be Quins any more.Some half decent signings by our recent standards.....Craig Gower...Micheal Witt...Antoniou Kafousi..Shane Rodney,should add a bit of steel and experience for next season.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Yes,very good chance of that,almost certainly wont be Quins any more.Some half decent signings by our recent standards.....Craig Gower...Micheal Witt...Antoniou Kafousi..Shane Rodney,should add a bit of steel and experience for next season.
yeh fairly solid signings, we need to keep our local born talent too - I was nver a fan of becoming quins and would love us to be the Broncos again
Old Aug 25th 2011, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
yeh fairly solid signings, we need to keep our local born talent too - I was nver a fan of becoming quins and would love us to be the Broncos again
Me neither,it just hasnt come off for both clubs,but hope we stay at the Stoop,for me its been our best ground/match day experience.Couple of my old mates who still go say 2 young lads to watch for are Sarginson and Dixon from the u20s,would be good to see us back in the old quarters circa 96-97 !
Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Me neither,it just hasnt come off for both clubs,but hope we stay at the Stoop,for me its been our best ground/match day experience.Couple of my old mates who still go say 2 young lads to watch for are Sarginson and Dixon from the u20s,would be good to see us back in the old quarters circa 96-97 !
I like the new logo and even the black kit - not sure about the blue though
Old Nov 11th 2011, 12:23 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-25-000.html

Kicked into touch: Embarrassment for Royal family as Zara's shamed husband is sacked by England and fined £25k after drunken grope with blonde'

Last edited by noni; Nov 11th 2011 at 12:25 pm.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.