Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Oct 9th 2010, 12:34 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

I'm a bit shocked that The Eels have sacked Anderson so quickly. After what he did at Saints I would have thought they'd give him another season at least.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ponyrama View Post
I'm a bit shocked that The Eels have sacked Anderson so quickly. After what he did at Saints I would have thought they'd give him another season at least.
Grand final-to sacked-in 12 months,bit tough aint it.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 9:23 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama View Post
TBH at the Saints he inherited Millwards team and just played his hand well leaving Potter to rebuild
Old Oct 25th 2010, 4:25 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Remember wondering why he left Fuladon broquins

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ds/9123945.stm
Old Oct 26th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Remember wondering why he left Fuladon broquins

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ds/9123945.stm
get resdy for some pretty unimaginative footy Rhinos fans.......to be fair he never had much to play with at Quins,will be interesting to see if he can cut it at a top club
Old Feb 12th 2011, 2:40 am
Just Joined

firebladebally is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just noticed this thread. I did start a new one about rugby league....If i had seen this one i wouldnt have ! Rhinos fan anybody ?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 2:52 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

[ ! Rhinos fan anybody ?[/QUOTE]

Think there is one somewhere in Oz mate...... only kidding
Old Feb 12th 2011, 2:58 am
Just Joined

lol, maybe i should concentrate on supporting NRL now......but Rhinos will also be in the back of my mind ! Cant wait for the allstars this aft.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:06 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firebladebally View Post
lol, maybe i should concentrate on supporting NRL now......but Rhinos will also be in the back of my mind ! Cant wait for the allstars this aft.
Spent quite a few Sunday arvo's at Headingley and a few bloody cold Boxing days before we came out here......................not supporting the Rhinos though!!!! For my sins I am a Trinity supporter ( you know the team who's Directors have bankrupted and virtually guaranteed them to be chucked out of Super League !!!!! it had to happen sooner or later and I for one am surprised they hung on so long!!!). Hubby was the stats man for Trinity for 15 years before we came out here 4 years ago and was awrning that this would happen for all those years..................pity nobody listened
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:09 am
Just Joined

You guys should talk to my other half, she worked for the wildcats until we moved out here.......now she works for the ARL. I cant believe wakey got bailed out, i though they were folding for sure. Are you from wakefield then? and you cant beat headingly for atmosphere...and cold temps!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:16 am
loz
this is home!!

Yep Wakey born and bred .....what did she do at Belle Vue apart from dodge Teds creditors lol????
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:20 am
Just Joined

She is a sports develpoment officer, tought kids and women rugby league in schools mainly. She does the same thing here. and worked for Rhinos before going to wakefield. Did you know wakey have been bought ??? We are from garforth, about 10 miles away from wakey. Small world !
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:53 am
loz
this is home!!

She is a sports develpoment officer, tought kids and women rugby league in schools mainly. She does the same thing here. and worked for Rhinos before going to wakefield. Did you know wakey have been bought ??? We are from garforth, about 10 miles away from wakey. Small world !
Saw it was on the cards but surprised it has been so quick. Mind you there was always people waiting to step in once the Richardson family went...it just took forever to get em to go!!!! Who's bought them? Hopefully somebody who has the good of the club in mind and not personal profit and cudos.
Sorry to sound bitter but I have personal experience of the way that family operates....................it cost me a business and a lot of money ( I had The Coach House before it went back into the hands of the club )

Does your good lady know Sharon (I think her last name is or was Dooley) I think she worked as a mentor (and part time Daddy Cool!)?

Have you been out here long? Where abouts are you settled?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:57 am
Just Joined

im not sure who bought it..i think it was a company called 1870 or something, apparently they are worth 20 million......i will ask kathryn when she finishes work if she knows sharon, if she still works there now she will do. Im sorry to hear about ur business...no wonder your not keen on them! we are in eight mile plains at the moment but are moving to runaway bay, gold coast on tuesday. just up the road from you if you fancied meeting up for a beer or something?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:05 am
loz
this is home!!

im not sure who bought it..i think it was a company called 1870 or something, apparently they are worth 20 million......i will ask kathryn when she finishes work if she knows sharon, if she still works there now she will do. Im sorry to hear about ur business...no wonder your not keen on them! we are in eight mile plains at the moment but are moving to runaway bay, gold coast on tuesday. just up the road from you if you fancied meeting up for a beer or something?
Good luck with the move.........we will actually be on the Gold Coast (Broadbeach) in a few weeks time when we have a friend (another mad keen Trinity supporter) coming out from the Uk for his first visit to Oz. Will message you nearer the time and see if we could meet up then (when you have had chance to get settled in).

Really must go and help hubby with the new barbie now. Have a good night tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.