Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old May 17th 2007, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Thought they might have rested Lockyer for this one after his knock on Friday. Would have been the perfect chance to try Bowen at fullback and Thurston at 5/8th. Have to say at the moment Hunt isn't 'doing it' for me at fullback people are reading his moves like a book, the spark and 'go forward' seems to be in hibernation.

Loz x
I dont think Karmichael has played badly its just the Broncs arent creating many chances going forward this year - I still stand by the fact he is far better defender then Bowen and can catch a bomb - Still I possibly would have used Bowen as the utility rather then Berrigan
Old May 17th 2007, 5:48 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post

I bloody hope so, I paid enough for the ticket, first game of league I will see too ... looking forward to it A LOT
Hope you enjoy the game Vim....................I'm not at all jealous you jammy [email protected]#*$#d getting hold of origin tickets is like getting hold of rocking horse s#@t

Loz x
Old May 17th 2007, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
As a cockroach it pains me to say Queensland are looking good to me!I am happy not to see Billy Slater in the team,i think hes one of the most dangerous and exciting players in the NRL,personally i just dont rate Bell,and not sure Carroll and Tate are in their best form but they usually come good for origin.Costigan and Webb will be fired up big time and will be out to put Willie and co on the back foot right from the off!!On the whole a very strong side if they can leave out guys like Slater,Bowen,Nutley.
Blues team worries me a bit,Mullen looks a decent player but they are really over rating him since Joeys retirement,and maybe a debut at Suncorp will find him out a bit,same goes for Hayne.
Qld to win series 2-1
Gotta agree they should have dropped Bell, moved tate to centre and played Inglis and slater on the Wing

Cant say i agree with Costigan - bit mystifying that one
Old May 17th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
Fair enough I guess, they can't pick everyone in form but it would have been nice to see Bowen play. I reckon the maroons will be too strong even at half-strength.

I bloody hope so, I paid enough for the ticket, first game of league I will see too ... looking forward to it A LOT
I remember my 1st Origin game - 1st game of 2005 series which went to golden Point with Matty Bowen scoring the intercept try - Great game Great Atmosphere - I'm so jealous!!!!!!!
Old May 17th 2007, 7:23 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Hope you enjoy the game Vim....................I'm not at all jealous you jammy [email protected]#*$#d getting hold of origin tickets is like getting hold of rocking horse s#@t

Loz x
Cheers loz, I just got lucky in the social club draw ... $105 a ticket mind so don't tell the wife

I'll probably do that in beer money too!
Old May 17th 2007, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
I remember my 1st Origin game - 1st game of 2005 series which went to golden Point with Matty Bowen scoring the intercept try - Great game Great Atmosphere - I'm so jealous!!!!!!!
I remember it well, that was the first game I saw on TV (been here a couple of years now) ... the guys at work had been building it up "Bigger Than Ben Hur", "Bigger Than God's Undies", etc, etc and the game didn't disappoint.

I've a feeling my years of being a soccer season ticket holder will fade into the distance quickly ... am ... being ... assimilated. I even missed the FA Cup Final last year for the first time in forever ...
Old May 17th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Lucky sod! ,tried getting tickets but they sold out in something like 3 hours. Enjoy the game,great stadium,and watching the mighty blues win !!
Heres a taster to get everyone in the mood!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbwzj6803k
Old May 18th 2007, 3:50 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
It may be just me but I view Sailor in the same vain as Offiah, score a lot of tries because he was in a good team but couldn't play rugby if his life depended on it
shite .... I'm about to agree with a Roy A. Haggerty fan

Offiah played in good teams ... Widnes then Wigan ....he couldn't tackle a big dinner ...but then he never had too ... He was fast and he scored some superb tries but he was never well liked by his fellow players as they knew his limitations ..
Old May 18th 2007, 3:57 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

I remember my first ever Origin game .... I used to get the video's from a place in Leigh called Cannings ... the games were a week old ..we are talking 1989 btw ..... used to be first in line when the vids came into the store

It was brilliant ..I also would get the weekly games back then it was still the seperate Brisbane and Sydney comps ..... how times have changed ...and shite I'm getting old
Old May 18th 2007, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post

Offiah played in good teams ... Widnes then Wigan AND THEN LONDON BRONCOS ....he couldn't tackle a big dinner ...but then he never had too ... He was fast and he scored some superb tries but he was never well liked by his fellow players as they knew his limitations ..
Typo corrected!
Old May 18th 2007, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Typo corrected!
Still Prefer London Broncos to Quins - its just not the same
Old May 18th 2007, 3:46 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Where do you know him from? Top of Elephant Lane
Old May 18th 2007, 3:47 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Typo corrected!
he said good not grate
Old May 20th 2007, 5:40 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Where do you know him from? Top of Elephant Lane
Classic ...classic story .... one of the best ....nearly as good as the one with Roy and Gary Connerly .....

I'll let Thydney tell it ..after all ..its his beloved club
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:45 am

Ticketless Footy Fans I don't mean to rub it it but:

1) I have an Origin ticket in my pocket RIGHT NOW
2) It's 6 rows back on halfway
3) I have already started drinking and will continue to until kick-off ... right after I've done my obligatory 1 hour at work post-lunch.

But I'm sure the view on the TV is just as good ... mwhahahahaha )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.