Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 1:19 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Are we expecting the Aussies to steamroller the rest or can England find some pride after their woeful RLWC performances?
http://www.gillette4nations.co.uk/
er yes maybe a twitch along the way. Ho hum at least they still wont be world champs
Old Oct 24th 2009, 11:44 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Great game between Aus-Nz ....thats what rugby is all about
Old Oct 25th 2009, 2:51 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent game this morning

Steve Ganson doesn't get any better for keeping though...........................whistle happy first half...................lost the pea second half and not enough bottle to sort out a bit of biff!!!!

Sounds like the pomsvfrogs game was as dull as ditch water though

Loz x
Old Oct 25th 2009, 2:53 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to add the usual innane commentary from Gladys and Stevo

Wish Sky would give the job to Baz and Tez at least it would be entertaining

Loz x
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Forgot to add the usual innane commentary from Gladys and Stevo

Wish Sky would give the job to Baz and Tez at least it would be entertaining

Loz x
Just wish Eddie would shut his pie hole,anyone who as watched as much footy as he has should know the Aussies play to the final whistle always!!
I fear a backlash this weekend,England were ordinary,the convicts cant play as bad 2 games in a row.The Kiwis should put 50 on the French as well.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 7:19 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm going for the convicts to beat GB with a try in the last couple of minutes ...low scoring game and lots of biff
Old Oct 30th 2009, 1:59 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Well I'm going for the convicts to beat GB with a try in the last couple of minutes ...low scoring game and lots of biff
Agree with your result but I think they'll murderer us again
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:06 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Agree with your result but I think they'll murderer us again
Friggin game on the BBC means getting out of bed at 8am ...only climb in the thing at 2am ....

Hope the young guns come good ...we have the edge up front but lack it in the backs ...well you never know
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:23 am
loz
this is home!!

Just going to snatch a few hours shut eye before watching they game. Starts here at 15 after midnight.

Think I will need a few glasses of the old vino to cope with the commentary again

Could be a bit of biff but I think the result nailed on. Just a matter of how many will the poms concede

Loz x
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:29 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Just going to snatch a few hours shut eye before watching they game. Starts here at 15 after midnight.

Think I will need a few glasses of the old vino to cope with the commentary again

Could be a bit of biff but I think the result nailed on. Just a matter of how many will the poms concede

Loz x
Well it went better in the second half, talk about a game with four teams
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Well it went better in the second half, talk about a game with four teams
Much better,showed some balls for a change....at half time i was worried we were looking at 50-60+ tonking.I liked the fact they managed to ruffle a few feathers,Slater and Thurston particularly.Just wonder how much the second half was down to the fact they had the game in the bag.Usual sh1te from Phil Gould over here,Poms are crap,international footy is a joke,why do we bother etc etc,Channel 9 really know how to promote the game of RL withhim and Andrew Voss taking potshots at the tournament and England.
Thought young Tompkins found his feet a bit second half,and Eastmond did well when he came on,Crabtree and Burgess were a real handful as well.
Roll on the Kiwis.......
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:53 pm
Not dead yet

Much better,showed some balls for a change....at half time i was worried we were looking at 50-60+ tonking.I liked the fact they managed to ruffle a few feathers,Slater and Thurston particularly.Just wonder how much the second half was down to the fact they had the game in the bag.Usual sh1te from Phil Gould over here,Poms are crap,international footy is a joke,why do we bother etc etc,Channel 9 really know how to promote the game of RL withhim and Andrew Voss taking potshots at the tournament and England.
Thought young Tompkins found his feet a bit second half,and Eastmond did well when he came on,Crabtree and Burgess were a real handful as well.
Roll on the Kiwis.......
I thought the Kiwis were a bit ordinary against the French given the frogs were missing 9 first choice players the last 1/4 gave a very flattering look to the score
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 5:20 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

I was impressed with old Eorl Crabtree the Aussies certainly found him a handful ....and young Burgess against Moimoi this weekend should be interesting...

The English pack took its time to get moving Peacock and Morley had very ordinary first halves..although Morley from 10 years ago showed up after the break ..Kyle Eastmond also impressed ...he had the Aussies on the backfoot whenever he had the ball ....

The Kiwis steamrollered the FRench in the end ...but I for one thought the first 60 minutes proved the French have improved ...and for 60 minutes the French forwards took it to the Kiwis ....in the end stamina took its toll ...give them another 3 years and maybe we will have 4 teams competing
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Usual sh1te from Phil Gould over here,Poms are crap,international footy is a joke,why do we bother etc etc,Channel 9 really know how to promote the game of RL withhim and Andrew Voss taking potshots at the tournament and England.Roll on the Kiwis.......
I wondered if i had watched the same game as all the aussies over here because when the 7 news sports report came on they made out they had flogged us and had totally dominated the game it was like they had beaten us by 40 points +, the way things were going another 15 mins and I would have fancied us to win the game
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:54 am
Just Joined

HeadlyFarquar is an unknown quantity at this point

Wifey dragged me to the U.S. and away from 6 Nations. New to this, but ready for the ridicule...how does one watch Rugby Union/ International Rugby Union in this God forsaken country? Could really do with an answer by 9am 7/11 for the England v. Australia game.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.