Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The Rugby League Thread ...

The Rugby League Thread ...

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:14 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

Sometimes you just have to laugh, does anyone recall seeing Guscott actually tackle anyone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ls/7362451.stm
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:42 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Sometimes you just have to laugh, does anyone recall seeing Guscott actually tackle anyone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ls/7362451.stm
He had trouble tackling a big dinner .....he looks everypart the rugby player ...old mans mac,scarf and wellies ...more Wurzel Gummidge than anything else.
Watched the video all the way through .... ....pathetic and wrong is all I will say
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:23 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
He had trouble tackling a big dinner .....he looks everypart the rugby player ...old mans mac,scarf and wellies ...more Wurzel Gummidge than anything else.
Watched the video all the way through .... ....pathetic and wrong is all I will say
I remember a union coach telling me to keep my head up in a tackle As a 13 year old I thought what a pillock and ignored him
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 3:45 pm
Not dead yet

Phew

I bet the Saints are breathing a sigh of relief
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8013746.stm
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:56 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
Phew

I bet the Saints are breathing a sigh of relief
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8013746.stm

A mere slap on the wrist for both of them .....here's something though ....both the convicts received a fine as well as community service,the fine for each reprobate was a couple of hundred quid....Now Justin Morgan questions the parentage of referee Ben Thaler and cops a £2000 fine with another £2000 suspended till the end of the year ....he also has to continue to coach Hull KR which in itself is community service .....if you ask me its a weird world ...

Now normally I have a lot of time for Jon Wilkin he is a talented player and seems to be a nice intelligent chap....his latest weekly column for the BBC however see's him talking bollocks...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ue/8010091.stm

He's a professional sportsman playing a contact sport....injuries happen...you have to put your body on the line ...years ago back in school I saw people throw themselves into suicide tackles just for the honour of the school and their team...people playing with broken arms because they don't want to let their mates down..Wilkin is a highly paid player living a lifestyle that most men his age would kill for ....he needs to stop whinging (the other week he moaned about the number of games over the Easter period) and get on with it.
As for players getting bigger and stronger ...he never met Brendan Hill in full flow (mind it took awhile...downhill on the slope at Thrum Hall with the wind at his back)
Old Apr 25th 2009, 6:19 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Watched Saints and Bradford live ...what a game

Credit to the guy who streams the games online...if and when Sky catches him he will be strung up by the balls ...

Does mean I get to watch every televised game ....including the National Championship stuff (Leigh were awful but the new ground looks good) and the NRL stuff is on there ....

Funny thing is whenever I tune into the bigpond stuff the NRL lasts for a few seconds yet the AFL streams beautifully .... if you want the websites pm me ...
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:08 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Harlequins 21 Leeds 4

Bloody 'ell Bill thats a result nobody was expecting! Least of all Leeds

Loz x
Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loz View Post
Harlequins 21 Leeds 4

Bloody 'ell Bill thats a result nobody was expecting! Least of all Leeds

Loz x
,given our inconsistent form i expected us to get touched up by Leeds,but thats Quins for you,we can be top quality 1 week,garbage the next.Got a feeling Brian Mac will be headhunted by Leeds or Bratfurt at the end of season.If the crowds dont improve over next 2 seasons they will have a job to get another franchise,moves are afoot to get Mark Evans,the Quins RU c.e.o. working in some joint role,he has done a great job with the union crowds so hopefully can weave a bit of magic for us.

Last edited by bill drinkwater; Apr 25th 2009 at 9:37 am.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Guys the below link it to download a free Rugby League Manager Game - its actually pretty good and addictive its based on 2008 Superleague season but they are working on a 2009 version including Celtic warriors and possible NRL Comp

http://www.blackdragongames.co.uk/in...p-4&Itemid=109
Old May 1st 2009, 12:28 pm
Not dead yet

.Noble will be on his way back to Bradford ..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ue/8028401.stm
Old May 1st 2009, 4:16 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

They can deny it all they want ....its going to happen and I'll personally drive Nobby back over the Pennines myself.I thought he may have what it took and at times over the last few seasons it looked like Wigan may be a force to deal with ...turns out it was Trent Barret that made them look good....problem is ...who would be fool enough to take the Wigan job
Old May 1st 2009, 6:11 pm
Not dead yet

They can deny it all they want ....its going to happen and I'll personally drive Nobby back over the Pennines myself.I thought he may have what it took and at times over the last few seasons it looked like Wigan may be a force to deal with ...turns out it was Trent Barret that made them look good....problem is ...who would be fool enough to take the Wigan job
wigin were in the poop long before they got the nob in. I never rated him as a coach at bratfurd and as for GB wtf were they thinking,
wigins mistake? Look around and see where all the good kids from wigin are and it aint wigin
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

So long as its not Big Mac....hes doing a fine job with limited resources at Quins RL.
Ellery Hanley,Shaun Edwards???
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Duana is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i like to watch every Sports except rugby. Can anyone of you tell me why you like this sport very much?
Old May 2nd 2009, 9:51 am
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
So long as its not Big Mac....hes doing a fine job with limited resources at Quins RL.
Ellery Hanley,Shaun Edwards???
Yeah right like those two are daft enough

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.